Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fozzy to Stanford

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Let him go. He's a kid. Let him live his life.

Plenty of kids will want what Peterman is developing
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    A REAL MAN doesn't abandon his woman. That's not an OKG.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    doogie said:

Let him go. He's a kid. Let him live his life.

Plenty of kids will want what Peterman is developing

I agree. If he wants to go there then good for him. He's living his life ... let him go.

Just remind him about that empty stadium during Senior night ...
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Stanford has a history of OL in the nfl, has a school that will set you up for life. Selfishly we all want him here, but until we start putting OL in the NFL can you really blame a kid for following the history of tree trunk OL?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Stanford has a history of OL in the nfl, has a school that will set you up for life. Selfishly we all want him here, but until we start putting OL in the NFL can you really blame a kid for following the history of tree trunk OL?

I thought we can't fault a kid for wanting a Stanford education. Just what I'm hearing.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Do any of you TBS's remember Kyle Murphy? He was the 5 star LT out of San Clemente who committed to #NerdNation the same class at Future Doctor Garnett.

Can't miss guy right? Offers from everywhere going to the perceived best school for offensive lineman development on the west coast. Future first round pick, right?

The problem for Stanford all they could do was "develop" him into a 6TH FUCKING ROUND PICK. He got worse at Stanford. He turned into a soft bitch. Yet no one mentions this. Cleary the lineman myth is alive and well in Palo Alto.
  • Options
    pat_hm said:

Do any of you TBS's remember Kyle Murphy? He was the 5 star LT out of San Clemente who committed to #NerdNation the same class at Future Doctor Garnett.

Can't miss guy right? Offers from everywhere going to the perceived best school for offensive lineman development on the west coast. Future first round pick, right?

The problem for Stanford all they could do was "develop" him into a 6TH FUCKING ROUND PICK. He got worse at Stanford. He turned into a soft bitch. Yet no one mentions this. Cleary the lineman myth is alive and well in Palo Alto.

But the education.....
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Look, our smallest, youngest and weakest offensive lineman who is a true freshman and was maybe a 3* is the guy that the tv announcers are praising week in and week out for his amazing play.

i think we'll be okay without mr. sarrell.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Meek said:

Look, our smallest, youngest and weakest offensive lineman who is a true freshman and was maybe a 3* is the guy that the tv announcers are praising week in and week out for his amazing play.

Yep. We survived no Garnett and Banner.
    But 2018 I hope the recruiting focuses on
    both lines. That's how you stay elite.
  • Options

pat_hm said:

He was like 250 pounds coming out of high school. I hardly count those guys, even when they get 5 stars because they are so far from physically being able to compete at a P5 school.

He didn't redshirt and made an All Conference team. He maybe wasn't a huge star, but he's hardly a bust either.

Peat, DeCastro, and Garnett - first round
    7 OL drafted since 2012

I doubt any PAC 12 school can match that. How is it a myth because one five star guy was drafted in the 6th round?

That said, Fozzy is a pussy for going to Stanford when the hometown school will be competing for titles.
    Fuck Stanford
  • Options
    I didn't know we had so many closet Stanford fans on this bored.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

He was like 250 pounds coming out of high school. I hardly count those guys, even when they get 5 stars because they are so far from physically being able to compete at a P5 school.

He didn't redshirt and made an All Conference team. He maybe wasn't a huge star, but he's hardly a bust either.

Peat, DeCastro, and Garnett - first round
    7 OL drafted since 2012

I doubt any PAC 12 school can match that. How is it a myth because one five star guy was drafted in the 6th round?

That said, Fozzy is a pussy for going to Stanford when the hometown school will be competing for titles.
    Fuck Stanford
    I don't like Stanford at all, but it is what it is. They have churned out more NFL OL than the other schools in the PAC 12 in recent years.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2016
    pat_hm said:

Wasn't Mark Brunel a 5th or 6th round pick
    Anyway he gone
  • Options
    pat_hm said:

I didn't know we had so many closet Stanford fans on this bored.

WDWHA was left at the bored for losers. Go to DM.c if you want to play that doogism bullshit. UW would have been better with a talented OL, such as banner or garnett.

Doogs seriously can't look outside the helmet, and only rip fellow fans when someone states the obvious and it conflicts with their doogism. It's okay to say that another team is good, or offers something better than UW. Such as an education at Stanford, or song girls at USC, or weed at Kal(okay, that was over the line).

Go Fozzy yourself
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

whuggy said:

Meek said:

Yep. We survived no Garnett and Banner.
    But 2018 I hope the recruiting focuses on
    both lines. That's how you stay elite.
    We didn't survive no Garnett or Banner at all. Weird logic.

The 2013-2015 teams would have been quite a bit better with those guys, especially Garnett.

Banner would have thrived under Petersen. No way would this staff let him weigh 380 like he did at USC.
    We haven't got Banner this year and
    have a pretty damn good line. If we don't
    have Sarell next year we'll still have a better
    line than this year. Pretty straightfoward
    to me. Love to have him but people wetting
    their pants when it looks like he's headed
    elsewhere, WTF? Strauser seems pretty damn good
    at development. Don't think Shelton or Eldenkramp
    were very high rated but look where they are now.
    And Harris is the next low rated jewel.