Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Per Jude...CP negotiating 10 year deal

124»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Hopefully he doesn't regard it as a ten year early retirement stipend like Romar did

Mike Riley started mailing it on after Oregon State gave him one. They got lucky that Nebraska makes worse decisions than a drunk Swaye.
    When the fuck did Mike Riley ever have a team capable of winning it all?
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    A question for the old, rich and white on the bored.

Did we? ever give the Dawgfather a 10 year deal?

Giving 2 year extension every other year to keep Petersen in contract for 4-5 years seem more logical.

That is until he wins a god damn national title and he can 401k all he fucking wants for all I care.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    priapism said:

Now that he's got a job for life, he can relax some. That USC game tomorrow doesn't look so important in the long-term, grand scheme of things...

That's either a massive whoosh or beyond fuckingly stupid.

At that kind of jack, these guys don't worry about finances. Dude made millions of dollars in Boise. He's made millions of dollars at UW. He had a multi year contract. Dollars are the least of his worries.

Right now it's all about feeling appreciated and how he stacks up in a dick measuring contest. If his dick stacks up against the almost-Saban tier of coaches, he's worth every dime so he doesn't wander.

Cuogs worry about things like buyouts and shit. Don't be a Cuog. Peterson isn't slacking off.

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

haie said:

That's cool. Pete isn't Riley you bandwagon piece of shit.

Hey now... Mosster is a bigger fag than most of the fucks at doogman.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,404
    Swaye's Wigwam

A question for the old, rich and white on the bored.

Did we? ever give the Dawgfather a 10 year deal?

Giving 2 year extension every other year to keep Petersen in contract for 4-5 years seem more logical.

That is until he wins a god damn national title and he can 401k all he fucking wants for all I care.

James had an automatic roll over contract that was always 5 years.

The Seahawks kept sniffing around
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Helps recruiting. Early affordable buyouts on both sides.
    Petersen not a hanger on type like Romar. PR benefit.
    What's not to like?
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Let's revisit this Sunday

Juicy bump potential
    Bump
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Romar until proven otherwise
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Mosster47 said:

Hopefully he doesn't regard it as a ten year early retirement stipend like Romar did

Mike Riley started mailing it on after Oregon State gave him one. They got lucky that Nebraska makes worse decisions than a drunk Swaye.
    Most Beaver fans literally don't remember the 2000 team was Dennis Erickson and not Mike Riley, so I will say 2000.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Let's revisit this Sunday

How about now?
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

dongman said:

dongman said:

Pete is one of the safest bets in CFB and a really great person. Obviously keeping him around should be a priority, and a good move. But Ten years to anyone is a risk, no matter their level of performance at the time the contract is signed. That said probably a good move as it's hard to find a way to imagine him underachieving.

So you mean there are no sure things and that financial decisions involve inherent risk?!?!?!?!!!????!???111???

Well no shit. The point is they are taking way more risk than supposedly necessary to keep him here. If everything everyone has said is true about Washington being his dream job, and his desire to stay in the PNW etc... seems like a rolling 5 might get it done as well as a 10 and not leave UW vulnerable to some sort of crap out in his career? I know that's unlikely though.
    What are you, fucking stupid?
    Yes papa, I shall quiet down now!

priapism said:

Now that he's got a job for life, he can relax some. That USC game tomorrow doesn't look so important in the long-term, grand scheme of things...

That's either a massive whoosh or beyond fuckingly stupid.

At that kind of jack, these guys don't worry about finances. Dude made millions of dollars in Boise. He's made millions of dollars at UW. He had a multi year contract. Dollars are the least of his worries.

Right now it's all about feeling appreciated and how he stacks up in a dick measuring contest. If his dick stacks up against the almost-Saban tier of coaches, he's worth every dime so he doesn't wander.

Cuogs worry about things like buyouts and shit. Don't be a Cuog. Peterson isn't slacking off.

:(
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

haie said:

That's cool. Pete isn't Riley you bandwagon piece of shit.

Hey now... Mosster cares more about winning Husky Football than most of the fucks at doogman.
    This is correct. The 2000 tilt at Autzen is still my favorite game ever.

Joey vs Tui, Scoreboard Baby vs The Mustache, Peele vs Stevens, etc.

Matt Smith tips Tui's 4th down pass and Rick hunches over like he just lost in his NCAA bracket.

When both of us? kick ass this shit is way more fun. That year the four PNW schools were the class of the conference. If you can't see that as a good thing you're an asshat.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,477
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I wouldn't have been ok with this last year, but I've changed my mind for some reason.

I've changed my mind again. If Pete can't fire his fluffer Smith and get a real OC in here to run a real offense, then he can fuck the fuck off.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Mosster47 said:

That team he left Dennis Erickson to coach was pretty good.