Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Per Jude...CP negotiating 10 year deal

Comments

• Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

dongman said:

Pete is one of the safest bets in CFB and a really great person. Obviously keeping him around should be a priority, and a good move. But Ten years to anyone is a risk, no matter their level of performance at the time the contract is signed. That said probably a good move as it's hard to find a way to imagine him underachieving.

So you mean there are no sure things and that financial decisions involve inherent risk?!?!?!?!!!????!???111???

Well no shit. The point is they are taking way more risk than supposedly necessary to keep him here. If everything everyone has said is true about Washington being his dream job, and his desire to stay in the PNW etc... seems like a rolling 5 might get it done as well as a 10 and not leave UW vulnerable to some sort of crap out in his career? I know that's unlikely though.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Let's revisit this Sunday

You don't make a ten year deal based off of one game.

If he's worth it now he's worth it Sunday. If he's not worth it Sunday with a loss, he's not worth it now.

I think he's worth it.
    You don't make a 10 year deal until your coach wins a Pac-12 title and pops off.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There's a lot of fucktard in this thread
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dongman said:

dongman said:

Pete is one of the safest bets in CFB and a really great person. Obviously keeping him around should be a priority, and a good move. But Ten years to anyone is a risk, no matter their level of performance at the time the contract is signed. That said probably a good move as it's hard to find a way to imagine him underachieving.

So you mean there are no sure things and that financial decisions involve inherent risk?!?!?!?!!!????!???111???

Well no shit. The point is they are taking way more risk than supposedly necessary to keep him here. If everything everyone has said is true about Washington being his dream job, and his desire to stay in the PNW etc... seems like a rolling 5 might get it done as well as a 10 and not leave UW vulnerable to some sort of crap out in his career? I know that's unlikely though.
    What are you, fucking stupid?
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Now that he's got a job for life, he can relax some. That USC game tomorrow doesn't look so important in the long-term, grand scheme of things...
  • Options
    Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    BlowItUp said:

he got a 2 year extension last year. this would bring it to 2030. that's too fucking long. and i've been dooging for Pete for 2 years.

Depends on what buyout they build into the contract. You could have a contract through 2050 for all I care if it has a clause that says that UW can buy out the contract at any time for $10 mil.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Peterlips has a CONTRACT
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

dongman said:

That's a lot of faith.

He's won a lot of games
    Going back to last year he's won what 12, 13 in a row?
    92 before that?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Let's revisit this Sunday

You don't make a ten year deal based off of one game.

If he's worth it now he's worth it Sunday. If he's not worth it Sunday with a loss, he's not worth it now.

I think he's worth it.
    I'm surprised at how easy I can still whoosh veteran posters like you.And on this Veteran's Day, thank you for your service
    No lie, i started to say "I know you're being sarcastic, but..." then got lazy and said fuck it.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Hopefully he doesn't regard it as a ten year early retirement stipend like Romar did

Mike Riley started mailing it on after Oregon State gave him one. They got lucky that Nebraska makes worse decisions than a drunk Swaye.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Hopefully he doesn't regard it as a ten year early retirement stipend like Romar did

Mike Riley started mailing it on after Oregon State gave him one. They got lucky that Nebraska makes worse decisions than a drunk Swaye.
    That's cool. Pete isn't Riley you bandwagon piece of shit.
  • Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

That's cool. Pete isn't Riley you bandwagon piece of shit.

Hey now... Mosster cares more about winning Husky Football than most of the fucks at doogman.