Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Per Jude...CP negotiating 10 year deal

Comments

• Options
    BlowItUpBlowItUp Member Posts: 877
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    he got a 2 year extension last year. this would bring it to 2030. that's too fucking long. and i've been dooging for Pete for 2 years.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    our athletic department does not understand negotiating.

Fozzy doesn't want a coaching change... maybe this is our way of locking him up.
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    That's a lot of faith.
  • Options
    picalogestabopicalogestabo Member Posts: 651
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Can't help but think of when Notre Dame signed Charlie Weis to a ten year deal......ten years is a long time, I don't care how good you are.
  • Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Whatever he's paid in modern dollars will seem silly in 10 years. Harbaugh gonna be making 30 mil at Texas by then.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Texas, LSU and Oregon, possibly Tennessee and potentially other suitors would have been insane not to throw everything they had at Pete.

Also, we have assistant coaches who are cream of the crop (cough::JimmyLake::cough) who we will want to keep.

This isn't negotiating against yourself. This is heading off bidding wars and rumors that can drive Pete's price up and fuck up recruiting. It's good for everyone.

I understand 10 years seems like a long time, but this a pretty safe bet.

Don't act like Texas, LSU and Phil Knight wouldn't back up a Brinks truck to get Pete right now.

He was going to get a raise at the end of the year, UW always takes care of it's coaches. A 10 year contract is ridiculous. He does not want to leave. He had way more money on the table for years when he was at Boise State when major conferences would come around. Even a 6 or 7 year extension would have been sufficient. This is just stupid. Obviously we like him but why promise more than is necessary?

I would bet he is way more concerned about his budget for assistant coaches vs this bs 10 year extension.

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Texas, LSU and Oregon, possibly Tennessee and potentially other suitors would have been insane not to throw everything they had at Pete.

Also, we have assistant coaches who are cream of the crop (cough::JimmyLake::cough) who we will want to keep.

This isn't negotiating against yourself. This is heading off bidding wars and rumors that can drive Pete's price up and fuck up recruiting. It's good for everyone.

I understand 10 years seems like a long time, but this a pretty safe bet.

Don't act like Texas, LSU and Phil Knight wouldn't back up a Brinks truck to get Pete right now.

He was going to get a raise at the end of the year, UW always takes care of it's coaches. A 10 year contract is ridiculous. He does not want to leave. He had way more money on the table for years when he was at Boise State when major conferences would come around. Even a 6 or 7 year extension would have been sufficient. This is just stupid. Obviously we like him but why promise more than is necessary?

I would bet he is way more concerned about his budget for assistant coaches vs this bs 10 year extension.

Jesus
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dongman said:

That's a lot of faith.

He's won a lot of games
    Going back to last year he's won what 12, 13 in a row?
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Hopefully he cares about winning enough to not have to be motivated by money.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Coaching stability is very important for future success.