Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

D.J. Johnson, 2017 7* BUCK, Miami (Da U), FL - transferring?

Comments

• Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The inimitable chrisydawg on dawgman suggests that he be asked if he likes 2 Live Crew and the Turnover Chain... and offered only if he gave the OKG answers.

Aokigahara is calling.

One of the guys in 2 Live Crew runs one of the premier NFL producing pop warner leagues in Dade County. And 2 Live Crew was straight fire! OKG to me!
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

sounds like he might be eligible to play this coming fall.
    I am still working on trying to verify that and also figure out why he would be eligible, but it would be huge for Washington if they were able to get him and he could play this fall.

He's not going to UW. HTH.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Passion said:

Doogman updated their stance on Johnson last night after Kimmy Shithead said that he was gone to Oregon.

They are now saying that Johnson is working on signing papers with Oregon but that those papers are non-binding since he already signed an LOI with Miami last year and he cannot sign another.

Also said that Johnson is expected to sign paperwork with Oregon, Worshington, and maybe Cal.

Family still thinks UW is the #1 school for him and that he'd been calling UW for over a month but UW couldn't respond because they didn't have his release but now that he's got it, they have been in contact.

So now they are doing the vetting process to see if he is a good fit in the locker room and with what they want to do on defense (is he willing to chop his dreads off, bleach his skin to an off-white and lose all of his explosiveness and pass rush prowess? If so, they might bite).

Just what I am hearing.

I laughed.

Seriously, he would be a moron if he did not choose UW. Basically he would be joining a pac-12 championship-caliber team that ONLY NEEDS TO BOLSTER ONE POSITION TO MAKE IT'S DEFENSE TRULY OUTSTANDING, AND IT'S THE EXACT POSITION THAT HE PLAYS.

WTF?
    So, did you rush to tweet him how great UW is or are just navel gazing here?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

BallzDeep said:

BallzDeep said:

Bread said:

BlastDoor said:

honestly, fucking BBK might get drafted. media loves him and points him out as one of the best players from UW already. some dumb team is gonna watch his highlights against montana and draft him at the 6th round or something.

of course he will. John timu is in the NFL and BBK is a white try hard version of timu.
    John Timu is 6'0 245 and faster than BBK.
    John Timu ran a 4.8 at his pro day. As much as I think BBK sucks, if he stays under 230 I think he'll run marginally faster than that when he graduates.

I don't know why I care enough to try to argue this point, but whatever. BBK and Timu both suck.
    Timu has actually carved out a nice NFL career for himself after going undrafted. He's way better then fucking BBK and was better in college.
    Nice NFL carreer? He's a backup linebacker for the Bears. They have nobody else at that position and he's still a fringe player.
    He’s made it a lot further than I thought he would. He was on the practice squad in his third year though. It’s been a solid NFL career for Timu. In general, guys that bounce from the practice squad and back aren’t guys that are having solid NFL careers. That’s a fringe player.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

BallzDeep said:

Some serious fucking doog boners on this board for Tevis Bartlett. It's been so long since some you have seen a real pass rusher play for UW you've forgotten what it looks like.

Bartlett isn't elite (Kikaha), but he's pretty good (Andrew Hudson). FWIW, Bartlett put up better numbers this year than Littleton did as a senior.
    I was going to make this point. He’s as good of a college player as Littleton and Feeney. I’m not sure if he is as athletic and I assume he’s not, but I don’t know.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BallzDeep said:

Some serious fucking doog boners on this board for Tevis Bartlett. It's been so long since some you have seen a real pass rusher play for UW you've forgotten what it looks like.

Puppy triple post, but he’s not a pass rusher in the NFL. Just like Littleton and Feeney aren’t either. He’s a LB.
    Yep.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    BallzDeep said:

BallzDeep said:

Bartlett isn't elite (Kikaha), but he's pretty good (Andrew Hudson). FWIW, Bartlett put up better numbers this year than Littleton did as a senior.
    Didn't Andrew Hudson get like 10.5 sacks his Senior year? Bartlett not on his level either.

Littleton's stats: 38 tackles, 11 TFL's, 6 sacks
    Bartlett's stats: 34 tackles, 12 TFL's, 4 sacks

Littleton's stats are better but stats don't tell the whole story. For instance, fucking Psalm had 6 sacks as a Senior and everyone knows he sucked. Memory tells me Littleton got way more QB pressures than Bartlett and was more explosive and more physical and more twitchy which is why he's playing in the league and Tevis won't. We want future NFL players. Not try-hards who are "pretty good" for a try-hard white guy.
    God you are fucking stupid. Comparing Littleton's SENIOR stats to Bartlett's JUNIOR stats.