Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

D.J. Johnson, 2017 7* BUCK, Miami (Da U), FL - transferring?

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020

Once Johnson switched to TE and wound up fifth on the depth chart behind a DE that couldn’t catch the clap in a Romanian brothel, a 26 year old sophomore who last caught a TD from Braxton Buttmeister (beautiful read he got down), and the youngest Herbert child - he seemed done.

I was sure the next time I’d see his name it would be followed by ‘enters the transfer portal’ or ‘Ballz told you he was too fat and overrated.’

It was a pleasant surprise when the other four TEs all got injured or quarantined or something and he wound up playing really well. Led the team with 5 catches for 55 and a TD while mauling Stanford in the run game. It’s almost like 6’5” 260 pound athletic guys are good at playing TE, I wonder if any pro teams have looked into this phenomenon.

This. His size and athleticism matches well with cristoball’s physical style.
    He may a brute force of a man, but he'll never be Joe Jarzynka.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Once Johnson switched to TE and wound up fifth on the depth chart behind a DE that couldn’t catch the clap in a Romanian brothel, a 26 year old sophomore who last caught a TD from Braxton Buttmeister (beautiful read he got down), and the youngest Herbert child - he seemed done.

I was sure the next time I’d see his name it would be followed by ‘enters the transfer portal’ or ‘Ballz told you he was too fat and overrated.’

It was a pleasant surprise when the other four TEs all got injured or quarantined or something and he wound up playing really well. Led the team with 5 catches for 55 and a TD while mauling Stanford in the run game. It’s almost like 6’5” 260 pound athletic guys are good at playing TE, I wonder if any pro teams have looked into this phenomenon.

This. His size and athleticism matches well with cristoball’s physical style.
    I don’t have a football style, but if I did I imagine I would also prefer the biggest and most athletic players.

Considering where Johnson was on the depth chart for offense, and how seldom he was used on defense despite some great per snap production, leads me to believe one of two things: either Oregon coaches are dumb and not playing their best players or DJ Johnson... Let’s call it hitting the edge harder than the playbook, or his feet move faster than his mind.