Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How likely is Peterson sticking around?

89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Honest question, I have no clue of course but you guys should.

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    If you take his word at face value, he's staying 10+ or until he's fired.
  • Options
    Mike_HonchoMike_Honcho Member Posts: 214
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Shut. Up! And LEAVE!
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,116
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

He doesn't chase money and I believe he considers Washington a destination job that was plagued by some bad coaches and administrations.

Still shitty admin
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

He's sticking around longer than Whittingham is at your shitty high school stadium, that's for sure.

You clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about. It must be nice being spared the ravages in intelligence.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ooops, "of" not in. Why can't we fucking edit these things?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    89ute said:

ooops, "of" not in. Why can't we fucking edit these things?

Vanilla hates us all.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,474
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

haie said:

He's sticking around longer than Whittingham is at your shitty high school stadium, that's for sure.

You clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about. It must be nice being spared the ravages in intelligence.
    Are you kidding me? He has already gotten into it with the AD over assistant salaries, etc. Then your stadium is small enough to be embarrassing to the Pac 12, which is quite an achievement. He's already been in rumors with USC if they fire Helton. You are not, and never will be, a destination school.

If Oregon and Phil comes calling he is fucking gone before you can chug your next 2% beer.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    89ute said:

Honest question, I have no clue of course but you guys should.

Mike Bellotti, who was his HC at Oregon in the 90s, has said that Petersen has been interested in being the HC at Washington for a long time. Not sure if that means UW is his dream job, but I don't see him leaving for another college job, unless our admin chases him off.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2013/12/mike_bellotti_says_chris_peter.html
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    Petersen leaving for another job would absolutely shock me, I don't see it happening. I don't think people understand how hard of a job being a head coach in college football is. Even if someone offers a college coach a bunch of money that coach doesn't leave unless A. It's an a big step up (minus Sark but he is special, literally) or B. You are leaving a dumpster fire. Petersen would have to be mentally challenged to leave Washington for any other job, especially since there is a reason they want him: they can't win. Why take more money to work harder at a job that is already hard enough when you can make more than enough at a place you've already got dialed in? Money only takes you so far and it can't buy you less stress. It still sucks to move everything, especially family. From everything we've heard about Petersen he puts his heart and soul into the game and it wears on him immensely.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    haie said:

89ute said:

haie said:

Are you kidding me? He has already gotten into it with the AD over assistant salaries, etc. Then your stadium is small enough to be embarrassing to the Pac 12, which is quite an achievement. He's already been in rumors with USC if they fire Helton. You are not, and never will be, a destination school.

If Oregon and Phil comes calling he is fucking gone before you can chug your next 2% beer.
    Went to a wedding in Ogden in 1994. This was the best we could drum up for the reception. Fuck that place
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

haie said:

89ute said:

haie said:

Went to a wedding in Ogden in 1994. This was the best we could drum up for the reception. Fuck that place
    Beer of that quality should be fucking illegal in all 50 states. The feds should be able to show up on your property, club you down, confiscate everything, etc, if you brew that kind of shit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

89ute said:

haie said:

You're very late regarding the USC situation. It's rumored that he has turned it down twice. He also turned down Tennessee in 2009.

Our stadium is a beautiful place to take in a game. Size will come, money is better spent elsewhere to make our programs competitive in the Pac-12. (like salaries, just to name one of a zillion of our needs)
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

haie said:

89ute said:

haie said:

You're very late regarding the USC situation. It's rumored that he has turned it down twice. He also turned down Tennessee in 2009.

Our stadium is a beautiful place to take in a game. Size will come, money is better spent elsewhere to make our programs competitive in the Pac-12. (like salaries, just to name one of a zillion of our needs)
    Holy fuck, Oot POTD. He is gone when a real program comes knocking. He isn't getting the skill guys he needs at your school.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    haie said:

89ute said:

haie said:

89ute said:

haie said:

Holy fuck, Oot POTD. He is gone when a real program comes knocking. He isn't getting the skill guys he needs at your school.
    Not that I have a doog in this fight, but a real program has come knocking. USC did talk to him, seriously, a few years back, if SC poosters are to be believed.