Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

David Shaw extremely

Comments

• dhdawg said:

Stanford does fake injuries with their best players, #44 is chase thomas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HeH-cNIcDs

I love how ESPN never bothers to show how Thomas managed to go down in the first place.

They blow when it comes to replaying key moments.
    ESPN really does suck at sports.

I do like Chip saying "I'll bet you a thousand dollars he'll play next play. Just you watch!"
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    jecornel said:

Now the media has focused on that all day and you know it will go through tomorrow....not smart...taking a shot at hart just stupid.

Disagree. So what, Sark will get a couple questions about it. Other than that, what's the big deal other than Sark kind of comes off as a bitch? I think Shaw does as well.

• jecornel said:

Now the media has focused on that all day and you know it will go through tomorrow....not smart...taking a shot at hart just stupid.

Agreed he was a popular long time coach at UW. A lot of former players loved him as a coach. Whether you or I think he's a bad coach or a good coach doesn't matter.

The former players do think that. It's just another way of rubbing alumni the wrong way(Hi Kim!).
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727

jecornel said:

Disagree. So what, Sark will get a couple questions about it. Other than that, what's the big deal other than Sark kind of comes off as a bitch? I think Shaw does as well.

Uh roaddawg have you been listening locally today? I didnt think so! And I will say it to your face!
    The groz lit him up today, did hear the withers sound today? Brutal...
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

**SWOON**

Chip made all his statements during the game:

youtube.com/watch?v=-HeH-cNIcDs

I'm not a lip reader but I think he says, "I'll bet you a thousand bucks he comes back on the next play." Sure enough, he did.

• jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Uh roaddawg have you been listening locally today? I didnt think so! And I will say it to your face!
    I didn't know Groz was allowed to bash an acting Seattle coach? If I remember right he's on Romar's nuts and was also a Ty fan.
  • Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170

dhdawg said:

both are idiots, sark is making excuses and shaw is dead wrong. Shane skov was on the ground for a good 3 minutes writhing in pain, the doctors looking at his knee like it was an ACL tear. He was in the next play.

I'm sure it was real. It would be like us having Shaq faking an injury... Why do that with your best player?
    For exactly this reason (why would they do that!?)... also, Skov is a smart player who knows how to pull it off.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Shaw came out like smelling roses... called out tosh and shaw didn't start it...every local station has talked about it all morning and day the topic should be Oregon not a coaches fued
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Did they use the magic soccer spray? It's the only explanation of how they left the game in agony and came back one play later.
    brchco12 said:

dhdawg said:

both are idiots, sark is making excuses and shaw is dead wrong. Shane skov was on the ground for a good 3 minutes writhing in pain, the doctors looking at his knee like it was an ACL tear. He was in the next play.

Gardner was only out 1 play as well, and they were both doing the soccer injury roll. Everyone knows if you're really fucking hurt you dont move a muscle because you're afraid something will fall off.

Honestly this is the best compliment of our offense I've seen this year, never thought we'd be this oregonesque.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    jecornel said:

Shaw came out like smelling roses... called out tosh and shaw didn't start it...every local station has talked about it all morning and day the topic should be Oregon not a coaches fued

I hear there's a good weekly podcast that actually covers relevant things...
  • jecornel said:

That podcast should have been done Saturday night after the game. Strike while the iron is hot.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

No, I don't listen to the Seattle media ever. I still don't think it's that big of a deal. The sotry will come and go, and the topic will go back to the Oreogn game by Thursday.

• 1080 the fan in Portland just spent a big segment on this.

It's also on front page of Espn.com so yea Sark made UW look bad once again.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    this is a non-story... until the NCAA can actually do something about perceived fake injuries any coach worth his salt as a game manager is absolutely encouraged to do this kind of thing. a coach has to take control of the game and why shouldn't he? high level football should be more strategic than simply who can have their team remember the most plays in a row.

the Pac12 officials are what Scott should be addressing instead of spending all his time reviewing ad creative for bashing Directv.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333

dhdawg said:

Stanford does fake injuries with their best players, #44 is chase thomas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HeH-cNIcDs

I love how ESPN never bothers to show how Thomas managed to go down in the first place.

They blow when it comes to replaying key moments.
    ESPN really does suck at sports.

I do like Chip saying "I'll bet you a thousand dollars he'll play next play. Just you watch!"
    Sark saying that in the game to an official..........Fine!! But don't be a cry baby about it to the media!!!
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941

I loved the Darrell Daniels penalty, that kid looks like he could become like a Kam Chancellor type of "enforcer" safety.

Kid has got to play D. Violent player.
    The solid verbal podcast led by ex-Oregon guy (Beer Shoers will remember him) concluded that after the game UW came out looking great but Sark came out looking bad.

jecornel said:

That podcast should have been done Saturday night after the game. Strike while the iron is hot.
    Might be worth it to do a post-game podcast and then pre-game one during normal time.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Meek said:

this is a non-story... until the NCAA can actually do something about perceived fake injuries any coach worth his salt as a game manager is absolutely encouraged to do this kind of thing. a coach has to take control of the game and why shouldn't he? high level football should be more strategic than simply who can have their team remember the most plays in a row.

the Pac12 officials are what Scott should be addressing instead of spending all his time reviewing ad creative for bashing Directv.

Say more. The punt return flag was terrible. What else should be addressed.