Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

David Shaw extremely

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
Angry..... ripping sark.....says the only program to ever to tell players to fake injury was Washington against cal.

Sound will be out soon

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Any coach who eviscerates Sark is a friend of mine.
  • jecornel said:

Angry..... ripping sark.....says the only program to ever to tell players to fake injury was Washington against cal.

Sound will be out soon

He said only time a coach had someone fake injuries is now coaching at Washington. Then brought up Tosh doing that to Oregon in 2010.

Glad the national media is picking up what we already knew. Doogs are crying about David Shaw but as always fuck em!
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Correction he referred to tosh when he was at cal
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    That's right more time...I wrote that wrong...like I said tread lightly when calling out coaches in your conference... it was whining as well. Damon guard also said Stanford faked injury on the broadcast?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

both are idiots, sark is making excuses and shaw is dead wrong. Shane skov was on the ground for a good 3 minutes writhing in pain, the doctors looking at his knee like it was an ACL tear. He was in the next play.

I'm sure it was real. It would be like us having Shaq faking an injury... Why do that with your best player?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

dhdawg said:

both are idiots, sark is making excuses and shaw is dead wrong. Shane skov was on the ground for a good 3 minutes writhing in pain, the doctors looking at his knee like it was an ACL tear. He was in the next play.

I'm sure it was real. It would be like us having Shaq faking an injury... Why do that with your best player?
    this
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

dhdawg said:

he has to sit out for one play, big deal, it was 100% fake
  • I agree with dhdawg I think they were faking injuries.

However, as a head coach you never ever say that to the media. That tells me Sark doesn't plan on sticking around for very long since he's not afraid to piss a coach off in his own conference.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326

dhdawg said:

defensive coaches communicate with team captains

I dont want to start damn witch hunt, but it sure seemed fishy when it happened.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

If they were faking injuries or not is a moot point... still no reason to sound like a 17 year old high school slut.

Sark wouldn't have needed to complain about the other team faking injuries if he had an adequate special teams because we would have won that game rather comfortably.

This. I honestly DGAF about Sark mentioning to the media about thinking Stanford was faking injuries. I care about the shitty special teams.

Everyone says that Gardner was faking injury. Not the case:

@DavidMLombardi
    Anyway, lost in all of this: Stanford DE Ben Gardner has an arm injury. That's big because Cardinal is already thin at position.
  • DawgGrad95DawgGrad95 Member Posts: 20
    I re-watched that game and watched the plays around the "injuries". Gardner was almost definitely fake. He missed a tackle, then felt his arm, then rolled around on the ground like he was in pain. Half minute later on the sideline waiting to go back in (which he did on the next play). Skov did get slightly hit in the leg by his own guy on the Keith Price scramble for a first down, but he was then nearly sprinting with no hindrance whatsoever. Then he gets the two minute check by trainers, limps off the field, then runs out two plays later with no hitch in his stride. As a bonus they had a player down in our backfield on the final reviewed play which would have kept us from snapping.

Overall it didn't really affect the game like say the holding call on 4th and inches in the first quarter, or a few others that likely actually cost us points. Their defense was looking gassed those last couple drives. It is a chickenshit way to play and probably should be addressed by the league somehow.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326

If they were faking injuries or not is a moot point... still no reason to sound like a 17 year old high school slut.

Sark wouldn't have needed to complain about the other team faking injuries if he had an adequate special teams because we would have won that game rather comfortably.

This. I honestly DGAF about Sark mentioning to the media about thinking Stanford was faking injuries. I care about the shitty special teams.

agreed, losers speculate about that which they can't control, winners obsess over all that they can

I re-watched that game and watched the plays around the "injuries". Gardner was almost definitely fake. He missed a tackle, then felt his arm, then rolled around on the ground like he was in pain. Half minute later on the sideline waiting to go back in (which he did on the next play). Skov did get slightly hit in the leg by his own guy on the Keith Price scramble for a first down, but he was then nearly sprinting with no hindrance whatsoever. Then he gets the two minute check by trainers, limps off the field, then runs out two plays later with no hitch in his stride. As a bonus they had a player down in our backfield on the final reviewed play which would have kept us from snapping.

Overall it didn't really affect the game like say the holding call on 4th and inches in the first quarter, or a few others that likely actually cost us points. Their defense was looking gassed those last couple drives. It is a chickenshit way to play and probably should be addressed by the league somehow.

The holding call on 4th and inches in the first quarter was totally legitimate. Dexter Charles tackled his opponent who was in the hole ready to stop the play for a loss.
  • McRibMcRib Member Posts: 227
    It's a well known fact that Furd has one the best strength/conditioning/medical staffs in the BCS.

HTH