Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

David Shaw extremely

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    u especially never say it to the media after u lose a game and u were the one mainly responsible for losing the game
  • DawgGrad95DawgGrad95 Member Posts: 20

I re-watched that game and watched the plays around the "injuries". Gardner was almost definitely fake. He missed a tackle, then felt his arm, then rolled around on the ground like he was in pain. Half minute later on the sideline waiting to go back in (which he did on the next play). Skov did get slightly hit in the leg by his own guy on the Keith Price scramble for a first down, but he was then nearly sprinting with no hindrance whatsoever. Then he gets the two minute check by trainers, limps off the field, then runs out two plays later with no hitch in his stride. As a bonus they had a player down in our backfield on the final reviewed play which would have kept us from snapping.

Overall it didn't really affect the game like say the holding call on 4th and inches in the first quarter, or a few others that likely actually cost us points. Their defense was looking gassed those last couple drives. It is a chickenshit way to play and probably should be addressed by the league somehow.

The holding call on 4th and inches in the first quarter was totally legitimate. Dexter Charles tackled his opponent who was in the hole ready to stop the play for a loss.

I'm not disputing the call, I'm saying the feigned injuries didn't have an impact on the game like some of the penalties (all but the Daniels "roughness" and hands to the face were legit), and the atrocious special teams gaffs.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

I agree with dhdawg I think they were faking injuries.

However, as a head coach you never ever say that to the media. That tells me Sark doesn't plan on sticking around for very long since he's not afraid to piss a coach off in his own conference.

Disagree. IF he's planning on leaving he's heading SC.

He didn't say this because he plans on leaving the conference, he said it because he racks disciprine.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I re-watched that game and watched the plays around the "injuries". Gardner was almost definitely fake. He missed a tackle, then felt his arm, then rolled around on the ground like he was in pain. Half minute later on the sideline waiting to go back in (which he did on the next play). Skov did get slightly hit in the leg by his own guy on the Keith Price scramble for a first down, but he was then nearly sprinting with no hindrance whatsoever. Then he gets the two minute check by trainers, limps off the field, then runs out two plays later with no hitch in his stride. As a bonus they had a player down in our backfield on the final reviewed play which would have kept us from snapping.

Overall it didn't really affect the game like say the holding call on 4th and inches in the first quarter, or a few others that likely actually cost us points. Their defense was looking gassed those last couple drives. It is a chickenshit way to play and probably should be addressed by the league somehow.

The holding call on 4th and inches in the first quarter was totally legitimate. Dexter Charles tackled his opponent who was in the hole ready to stop the play for a loss.

I'm not disputing the call, I'm saying the feigned injuries didn't have an impact on the game like some of the penalties (all but the Daniels "roughness" and hands to the face were legit), and the atrocious special teams gaffs.
    The hands to the face foul was there. The fucktards on ESPN heard #8, but the foul was on #80 (Hudson).

You're totally right about everything else, including the roughness call on Daniels. That was garbage.
    Given a chance to respond to Shaw, Sark backed down like a total pussy just now on 710.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I loved the Darrell Daniels penalty, that kid looks like he could become like a Kam Chancellor type of "enforcer" safety.
  • Chip never complained for four years about it. Sark needs to get the mindset of just win and STFU. By complaining like this, he thinks he's backing his team. That is true, however it hurts the team, because it builds in a excuse, and takes the focus away from what they did wrong (penalties, special teams, drops) and puts it on what Stanford did. How does this help them prepare for Oregon?

After the game Sark should have been short lipped and cliche.

Interviewer: What did you think of the overturn call?

Sark: I'm always going to think it's a catch. I can only control my team though and that's what I tell my kids. We battled hard and just have to bounce back next week.

Interviewer: Hey coach what did you think about Stanford possibly faking injuries?

Sark: I can only speak for my team. We battled hard and will regroup for a tough game next week.

Those two answers is all he had to say. You don't want to be the quotable coach as that coach is often a loser. You want to be a Kelly, Belicheck, Saban type who gives boring answers.
  • DawgGrad95DawgGrad95 Member Posts: 20
    Chip made all his statements during the game:

youtube.com/watch?v=-HeH-cNIcDs

I'm not a lip reader but I think he says, "I'll bet you a thousand bucks he comes back on the next play." Sure enough, he did.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

Chip never complained for four years about it. Sark needs to get the mindset of just win and STFU. By complaining like this, he thinks he's backing his team. That is true, however it hurts the team, because it builds in a excuse, and takes the focus away from what they did wrong (penalties, special teams, drops) and puts it on what Stanford did. How does this help them prepare for Oregon?

Sark: I'm always going to think it's a catch. I can only control my team though and that's what I tell my kids. We battled hard and just have to bounce back next week.

Interviewer: Hey coach what did you think about Stanford possibly faking injuries?

Sark: I can only speak for my team. We battled hard and will regroup for a tough game next week.

Those two answers is all he had to say. You don't want to be the quotable coach as that coach is often a loser. You want to be a Kelly, Belicheck, Saban type who gives boring answers.
    Short lipped and cliche takes discipline Pool Boy never developed.

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326
    dnc said:

Chip never complained for four years about it. Sark needs to get the mindset of just win and STFU. By complaining like this, he thinks he's backing his team. That is true, however it hurts the team, because it builds in a excuse, and takes the focus away from what they did wrong (penalties, special teams, drops) and puts it on what Stanford did. How does this help them prepare for Oregon?

Short lipped and cliche takes discipline Pool Boy never developed.

I'm pretty sure he got the job because he likes to talk alot and is required to by pool boy.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858

I'm sure it was real. It would be like us having Shaq faking an injury... Why do that with your best player?

They have been hurt, but not 2 to 3 minutes to give their defensive a breather hurt.
  • Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393

dhdawg said:

both are idiots, sark is making excuses and shaw is dead wrong. Shane skov was on the ground for a good 3 minutes writhing in pain, the doctors looking at his knee like it was an ACL tear. He was in the next play.

I'm sure it was real. It would be like us having Shaq faking an injury... Why do that with your best player?
    Maybe skov has the most drama credits
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

Disagree.

You know who won't fake an injury against us next year? Stanford.

All this media shit blows over in a day, but now Shaw knows that the media will fixate on this next year.

Same thing happened with Oregon. When teams got caught faking injuries, and embarrassed by the press, they stopped doing it.

Furthermore, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO STOP IT. Since its totally legal to take a dive to stop the hurry up.

Sark also knows that future opponents will think about faking injuries. So this is a preemptive shot across the bow.

Fuck there are some whiney cunts on here. We're bitching because our coach is calling out Shaw for being a pussy and telling his players to fake being hurt? Christ.
  • Chip never complained for four years about it. Sark needs to get the mindset of just win and STFU. By complaining like this, he thinks he's backing his team. That is true, however it hurts the team, because it builds in a excuse, and takes the focus away from what they did wrong (penalties, special teams, drops) and puts it on what Stanford did. How does this help them prepare for Oregon?

Disagree.

All this media shit blows over in a day, but now Shaw knows that the media will fixate on this next year.

Same thing happened with Oregon. When teams got caught faking injuries, and embarrassed by the press, they stopped doing it.

Furthermore, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO STOP IT. Since its totally legal to take a dive to stop the hurry up.

Sark also knows that future opponents will think about faking injuries. So this is a preemptive shot across the bow.

Fuck there are some whiney cunts on here. We're bitching because our coach is calling out Shaw for being a pussy and telling his players to fake being hurt? Christ.
    Yes Sark being a whinny cunt sure is looking good for our program right now.

Sark's program is already soft but now add whiny cunt to the list of problems. No you shut the fuck up and give some bull shit cliche answer.

Even with them faking injuries if you coached your special teams properly the Huskies fucking win the game. If ASJ makes that catch I bet the Huskies win the fucking game. Them faking injuries had nothing to do with it.

You also look dumb calling out a coach faking injuries when you have a coach on your staff who was very famous for doing that.

I disagree with your disagreement.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I think its possible that its just the players and an instinctive move. At the end of a game like that guys probably have minor nicks and dings that hurt more when they are tired. I find it hard to believe the Stanford coaches will tell the players to fake injuries late in the game if they are tired...though we know Tosh did it.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Stanford does fake injuries with their best players, #44 is chase thomas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HeH-cNIcDs
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

Disagree.

I disagree with your disagreement.
    Touché.

But here's the thing, our special team's fuckups cost us the game AND Shaw is a bitch who should be called out. Abundance.

Sark made his point and then shutup about it. I'm fine with it.
    dhdawg said:

Stanford does fake injuries with their best players, #44 is chase thomas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HeH-cNIcDs

I love how ESPN never bothers to show how Thomas managed to go down in the first place.

They blow when it comes to replaying key moments.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    edited October 2013
    Now the media has focused on this topic all day and you know it will go through tomorrow....not smart...taking a shot at hart just stupid.