Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julius Irvin, 4* 2018 DB, Anaheim (Servite), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Having Keith Taylor & Bynum at Washington doesn’t hurt our chances either...doubt he knows anyone on Bama.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    BallzDeep said:

If you want the best chance to win a national title; Bama is the best place to be. If you care about literally anything else like academics, campus life, environment, diversity, team brotherhood, coaches that care about you as a human being, and post-football opportunities; Bama is not the best place to be.

Academic smack is for losers.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I'm hearing Anaheim looks like a shithole. No wonder democrats are so touchy about the word. Their shithole policies are shithole.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    BlastDoor said:

Biggins is saying Irvin was ready to commit to USC, then heard the Lake news and UW instantly became his leader. Then Bama offered and now everything is up on the air.

In this case, I don't think this is Biggins playing the Eklund "I can say this and not be wrong" card. It has a ring of truthiness to it.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

BallzDeep said:

If you want the best chance to win a national title; Bama is the best place to be. If you care about literally anything else like academics, campus life, environment, diversity, team brotherhood, coaches that care about you as a human being, and post-football opportunities; Bama is not the best place to be.

I am ready to downvote each and every Ballzdeep post, both on principle and also because he is wrong way more than 81% of the time and I like those odds, but he isn't wrong here.

It may not matter though.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

BallzDeep said:

Depends on if the kid is FS or SS.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Lake is reportedly not against negative recruiting. I might emphasize how Alabama is where they stuck with a QB from the South who literally can't throw for an entire year over a better QB from the West until they were absolutely forced to play him. Would Irvin get a fair shake compared to some DBs they bring in from Florida or Georgia?

Not to mention that being black in the South is a whole lot different than being black in the West.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    RealRhino said:

Lake is reportedly not against negative recruiting. I might emphasize how Alabama is where they stuck with a QB from the South who literally can't throw for an entire year over a better QB from the West until they were absolutely forced to play him. Would Irvin get a fair shake compared to some DBs they bring in from Florida or Georgia?

Not to mention that being black in the South is a whole lot different than being black in the West.

LOL at the old, rich, white guy in Seattle advising on what it's like in the southeast for a black kid from "the west".
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seattle is not a paradise of race relations and there are not a whole lot of Black folk to begin with

The modern south has a lot going on for a larger Black population. Atlanta is the Black capital of the USA

3,2,1 for someone to prove I am talking out my ass without looking up numbers and shit
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited January 2018

Seattle is not a paradise of race relations and there are not a whole lot of Black folk to begin with

The modern south has a lot going on for a larger Black population. Atlanta is the Black capital of the USA

3,2,1 for someone to prove I am talking out my ass without looking up numbers and shit

Memphis, New Orleans and St Louis (I know, not really southern) are black as hell too.

White people in the south are generally worse to black people than white people in the west are. But black people in the south generally have a lot more black people around them than black people in the west do.

Different strokes for different black folks, but assuming life in the south is across the bored worse for blacks than life in the west is white privilege FS.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Passion said:

Sorry, but you couldn't be further off. Atlanta is an island in a sea of shit for people of color in the south. The elected leaders of southern states (people like Jeff Sessions) STILL have abysmal records on civil rights issues compared to elected leaders in other parts of the country. Case in point, the new laws springing up over the past couple years designed to disenfranchise black voters are primarily concentrated in the south: https://nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/new-voting-laws-south-could-affect-millions-african-americans-n639511

Want more facts/data? Happy to walk through how the south fled to the republican party after civil rights legislation passed by Kennedy and LBJ, and how those republicans have supported policies/judges/political candidates that have completely worked against the interests of African Americans. Another big factor was Barry Goldwater's opposition to the Civil Rights Act and his speech at the republican convention in 1964. Believe me, I have a library to back this up.

And nobody thinks Seattle is a "paradise" for race relations, but if you look at the civil rights record of Seattle/Olympia versus southern states, it's really no contest. They're worlds apart.

3, 2, 1 for someone to tell us to move to the "tug" bored, which I don't visit.
    No one's arguing that politics are better for blacks in the south than in the west.

There's a lot more to life than politics though.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2018
    dnc said:

Passion said:

Sorry, but you couldn't be further off. Atlanta is an island in a sea of shit for people of color in the south. The elected leaders of southern states (people like Jeff Sessions) STILL have abysmal records on civil rights issues compared to elected leaders in other parts of the country. Case in point, the new laws springing up over the past couple years designed to disenfranchise black voters are primarily concentrated in the south: https://nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/new-voting-laws-south-could-affect-millions-african-americans-n639511

Want more facts/data? Happy to walk through how the south fled to the republican party after civil rights legislation passed by Kennedy and LBJ, and how those republicans have supported policies/judges/political candidates that have completely worked against the interests of African Americans. Another big factor was Barry Goldwater's opposition to the Civil Rights Act and his speech at the republican convention in 1964. Believe me, I have a library to back this up.

And nobody thinks Seattle is a "paradise" for race relations, but if you look at the civil rights record of Seattle/Olympia versus southern states, it's really no contest. They're worlds apart.

No one's arguing that politics are better for blacks in the south than in the west.

There's a lot more to life than politics though.
    Brilliant response. "There's a lot more to life than politics?" Uhhh....you mean like investments in public health and education? Literacy rates? Economic opportunities? Things like that?

Not sure if you're aware, but "politics" (i.e., who you elect) has a significant impact in determining all of those things.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    we need @Tequilla to weigh in about the merits and demerits of slavery in this thread
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Please don't make this into a discussion about race in the south. Last time that happened BallzDeep immediately nuked the thread and put it well over its retard quota. No one wants that.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Want more facts/data? Happy to walk through how the south fled to the republican party after civil rights legislation passed by Kennedy and LBJ, and how those republicans have supported policies/judges/political candidates that have completely worked against the interests of African Americans. Believe me, I have a library to back this up. Another big factor was Barry Goldwater's opposition to the Civil Rights Act and his speech at the republican convention in 1964.

And nobody thinks Seattle is a "paradise" for race relations. African Americans will tell you that Seattle lacks diversity. But if you look at the civil rights record of Seattle/Olympia versus southern states, it's really no contest. They're worlds apart.

I was there

Remember?

I am actually not that far off. The south is not a paradise either but because of the larger Black population there are more islands that just Atlanta.

Most people are more concerned with today than yesterday. I think we can keep this here. I am certainly not arguing that we have a paradise anywhere yet.