Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rondeau post game comment

Comments

• Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

koopdog said:

dnc said:

Browning's worst game of the season and he completed 60% of his passes for 9.5 yards per attempt, two scores and a pick.

He wasn't at his best but he wasn't close to bad.

He's the best QB we've had since Tui and the best QB in the nation who doesn't play in the ACC.

He sucks.

He's the fourth best qb in the conference.
    I'm a fan. But you're wrong here. Kinda like when Bruce Springsteen did the whole "Tunnel of Love" shit.
    "Tunnel of Love" is an interesting album. It's kind of a time capsule because it has a very distinct 80s synth sound that was made completely obsolete a few years later. It sounds like 80s pop trash but if you dig into it it's actually a rather dark album. I always considered it a bizarro-world successor to Nebraska - an album that stands out from the rest of his cstalogue, both sonically and lyrically.

I'm drunk
    As shitty as this post is, I love you for it. He hated his wife. That is as deep as it gets.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    koopdog said:

Ok, fine. Top three

But I have a hard time saying he's the best qb in the conference when he struggles with the blitz against a mediocre Utah squad. That was a pretty bad pick, and unlike some of the other guys he doesn't have the ability to will the team to a win by himself.

Okay fren. Who's better? And you have no idea, because he's never had to do that. Arizona he had a kind of similar game. But our running game went crazy and he managed the game well. Made some nice throws down the stretch. The kid has some improvements to make to become Zeus and shit, but he has so many mad skills its crazy.
    Not so fast. He has mad weapons and a good offensive line.

He's a limp arm film nerd who's been pretty good so far. Playoff/Natty material? Not. Rosebowl worthy. Yep.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Baseman said:

koopdog said:

Ok, fine. Top three

But I have a hard time saying he's the best qb in the conference when he struggles with the blitz against a mediocre Utah squad. That was a pretty bad pick, and unlike some of the other guys he doesn't have the ability to will the team to a win by himself.

Okay fren. Who's better? And you have no idea, because he's never had to do that. Arizona he had a kind of similar game. But our running game went crazy and he managed the game well. Made some nice throws down the stretch. The kid has some improvements to make to become Zeus and shit, but he has so many mad skills its crazy.

He's a limp arm film nerd who's been pretty good so far. Playoff/Natty material? Not. Rosebowl worthy. Yep.
    Thanks for elaborating, this is pretty much how I feel about his ceiling.
  • Options

Ok, fine. Top three

He's in the top three in the State of Washington.

Haven't seen CWU play.
    @koopdog

Put UW in the Louisville Clemson game and tell me that Browning makes the plays that Watson and Jackson made to keep their teams in the game.

I would even take Falk over him. Probably Darnold, despite the turnovers.
    Brother, I don't know, because he hasn't been put in that position yet. I think he's really, really, really good. I'll go with Browning. Look at the quantum leap in his development since last year. Next year? We'll see. We are a year ahead of what I thought would happen.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    8-0

4th in the cuntry

Two wins on the road when previous versions of the Huskies would have folded their tent.

I don't give a fuck if a grandma pushing a walker and wearing a pink tutu is QB.

Just win.
  • Options
    koopdog said:

Ok, fine. Top three

Haven't seen CWU play.
    @koopdog

Put UW in the Louisville Clemson game and tell me that Browning makes the plays that Watson and Jackson made to keep their teams in the game.

Brother, I don't know, because he hasn't been put in that position yet. I think he's really, really, really good. I'll go with Browning. Look at the quantum leap in his development since last year. Next year? We'll see. We are a year ahead of what I thought would happen.
    Better hope Browning takes a bigger leap next year after John Boy, Butta, Qualls, Jones, and Sid MF Jones LEAVE
  • Options
    koopdog said:

Ok, fine. Top three

Haven't seen CWU play.
    @koopdog

We must not be watching the same game. He's alright, certainly in the top 15 in the country. But elite? Idk man.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,876
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I guess Darnold is pretty good. I haven't seen him much but I heard and watched a little of the AZ-USC gayme. Falk is obvioiusly good but he's a system qb. People said BJ Simmons and @KkkliffKkklingsbury were good (also Leach QB's) too. Browning is definitely an all-Pac 12 contender right now though.
  • Options

I guess Darnold is pretty good. I haven't seen him much but I heard and watched a little of the AZ-USC gayme. Falk is obvioiusly good but he's a system qb. People said BJ Simmons and @KkkliffKkklingsbury were good (also Leach QB's) too. Browning is definitely an all-Pac 12 contender right now though.

Chinsightful. TW, by virtue of today, is a PAC-12 contender too.
  • Options

Browning is a system qb.
  • Options

koopdog said:

Ok, fine. Top three

Haven't seen CWU play.
    @koopdog

We must not be watching the same game. He's alright, certainly in the top 15 in the country. But elite? Idk man.
    I honestly believe if he's not now, he will be. His development is off the charts. Put that together with his competitive streak and his accuracy which is empirical, and his ability to evade the pocket rush.....yes. And his ability to look off the defense. A true Sophomore. I'm a doog for him like I was for Peterman. I get that. But I'm right.
  • Options
    koopdog said:

koopdog said:

Ok, fine. Top three

Haven't seen CWU play.
    @koopdog

I honestly believe if he's not now, he will be. His development is off the charts. Put that together with his competitive streak and his accuracy which is empirical, and his ability to evade the pocket rush.....yes. And his ability to look off the defense. A true Sophomore. I'm a doog for him like I was for Peterman. I get that. But I'm right.
    What's been empirically proven this year is that the team does better when Jake doesn't have to throw more than 20-22 times per game. That's not the mark of a transcendent qb. His interception today happened because he stared down his receiver, and he's still shitting his pants against the blitz.

I get that it's exciting to have an above average qb after 15 years, but slow the man crushage down a little bit.
  • Options
    koopdog said:

Baseman said:

koopdog said:

Ok, fine. Top three

Where in theeeeee fuck is this limp arm thing coming from? It's bullfuckingshitontoast. He's been throwing dimes this year. Yes, of course in a sample size he's fucked off a few passes. But he has a solid arm and his long ball, which they worked on in the scrimmages like I predicted, has been ridiculously better. This is a fucking myth that needs to die. He has needled it at times. It's not 100% but his completion rate and his ability to fucking kill it is amazing. Especially his ability to throw on the scramble.

Yes, I want to fuck him apparently, but I'm right.
    Disagree.

He is what he is - a pretty good, maybe the best PAC-12 QB. ACC/SEC? Not so much.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Browning is a system qb.
    Trollolololo
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

He is what he is - a pretty good, maybe the best PAC-12 QB. ACC/SEC? Not so much.

SEC?
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    koopdog said:

koopdog said:

dnc said:

Browning's worst game of the season and he completed 60% of his passes for 9.5 yards per attempt, two scores and a pick.

He wasn't at his best but he wasn't close to bad.

He's the best QB we've had since Tui and the best QB in the nation who doesn't play in the ACC.

He sucks.

He's the fourth best qb in the conference.
    I'm a fan. But you're wrong here. Kinda like when Bruce Springsteen did the whole "Tunnel of Love" shit.
    "Tunnel of Love" is an interesting album. It's kind of a time capsule because it has a very distinct 80s synth sound that was made completely obsolete a few years later. It sounds like 80s pop trash but if you dig into it it's actually a rather dark album. I always considered it a bizarro-world successor to Nebraska - an album that stands out from the rest of his cstalogue, both sonically and lyrically.

I'm drunk
    As shitty as this post is, I love you for it. He hated his wife. That is as deep as it gets.
    That's what she said.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ok, fine. Top three

Haven't seen CWU play.
    @koopdog

You're such a faggot who hates pre snap Jesus.

How simplistic your analysis is. Back to doog man with you.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

koopdog said:

Ok, fine. Top three

Darnold. maybe falk
    Darnold lol.... He will get exposed when he plays a decent defense
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

koopdog said:

Ok, fine. Top three

I like film nerds generally those guys are pretty good.