Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kaleb McGary

Comments

• SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,099 Swaye's Wigwam

For the record, Dennis was the one that hated on Fuller, but when his senior film came out he felt better about him.

FTR. I have never been sucked off for @Dennis_DeYoung for being right about all of this. I bought a Go-Pro.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_L0YNMhRDA4
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

Tequilla said:

Nobody is questioning Strausser the coach ... Strausser the recruiter though ...

No point to get in it again, but 1)LIPO and 2) the OL is fine. This isn't some Kim doogman shit. We have never had a good OL and now we have the best OL in the conference.
    Tha fuck?

How old are you?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Doogles said:

This fucking debate again.

I'll only bitch about the line recruiting when the line sucks.

Lag effect will take place with the premier recruits down the line.

Strausser is doing his job.

Pretty much every recruit TSIO podcast has blasted before stepping on campus has been productive early in their careers, usually leap frogging the higher ranked guys.

I'm starting a podcast called Let it play out, you don't know shit.

or

LIPO, YDKS Podcast

I was thinking about this Saturday when Aaron Fuller scored, but I couldn't remember who was trashing him on signing day. 4 true freshmen getting playing time, and two of those four are Fuller and Nick Harris, both shit on by our resident TBS'ers.

I remember someone saying Fuller had the worst tape for a D1 receiver he'd ever seen. Well, kid can ball.
    Wasn't me. I didn't love Fuller
    koopdog said:

For the record, Dennis was the one that hated on Fuller, but when his senior film came out he felt better about him.

FTR. I have never been sucked off for @Dennis_DeYoung for being right about all of this. I bought a Go-Pro.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_L0YNMhRDA4
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

AIRWOLF said:

Tequilla said:

AIRWOLF said:

Tequilla said:

No, recruiting actually matters ... the current state of OL recruiting is concerning ... it's the one area where the recruiting doesn't match what we see elsewhere

Not to rehash, but the only way it doesn't match what we have been seeing elsewhere is for the current class, which is, you know, not complete yet.
    This has been covered elsewhere and on our pod (where it was so bad we had to pull the plug midstream because DDY was about to kill himself or someone else) ... but the mix of numbers and quality on the OL is less than ideal ... at this point it is FS to argue otherwise
    The 2014 OL class was pretty poor, but it was also the transition class.

In 2015 & 2016, the apparent quality, based on recruiting rankings, was right in line with the rest of those classes. I would have preferred at least one more linemen in those two classes, but that is that one recruit the difference between a crisis that you have to be fucking stupid not to see and everything being just dandy?
    My concern is as much based on numbers as it is quality ...

To your point that we were 1 lineman short in the 2015 and 2016 classes, which I would agree with, the problem is that IF you consistently are in that position that really impacts your numbers down the road and leads to a lack of balance in a class ... which has its own issues.

The reason you are hearing the TSIO crew so vocal on this is that as it stands now the 2017 class is going in the same direction. 3 straight years of that becomes a huge problem.

To those that are fast forwarding to February and saying what if we get this guy and that guy, there's no question that we don't know with 100% certainty what the final class will look like. The TSIO podcast has been fairly consistent in saying that we'll be getting Henry Bainivalu from Skyline. We call it as we see it at the time and try to stay in a position where we're talking about what is likely and not about hopes and dreams.

And for anybody that likes to bash what one of us says about this recruit or that recruit, we're also way more accurate about what we talk about than not. The citing of Nick Harris on one hand is a nice surprise, but one of the big reasons that we weren't high on him is because he really doesn't look the part. He's still dramatically undersized and the fact that he's playing at this point to me is as much an indictment on the overall depth on our line than anything else. The RG position on our offense has been about one of the few positions that has been at times a shit show on the entire roster.
    I don't listen to your podcast but I don't listen to any of the HH podcasts, I just don't make the time for them. I do think DDY and Coker's recruiting analysis is an asset to the bored because it keeps me somewhat informed since I completely gave up on the TBS sites. I really don't remember any of your poasts on recruiting good or bad but I usually skip over your stuff because it's so long. Real talk, not trying to be a prick.

I don't care you guys whiffed on Harris, I wasn't excited about him either. But don't try that "we were wrong because we right" bull. You were wrong, own it, move on. Harris is starting as a true freshman for the best OL in the Pac12 and a top 5 team in the country. If that's an indictment of anything it's our(?) ability to evaluate talent. He's good. He's probably going to be great. Let's not pretend it's something it's not.
    Exactly. I wasn't pointing out Harris and Fuller in some attempt to knock DDY, Coker, Teq, anyone. I love the pod and the TBS updates because it keeps me informed on a topic I can't stand following on my own. I don't doubt your info is right 81% of the time, but it's interesting that the two guys I remember TSIO being down on represent half the true FR playing this year. Interesting in the way that when Pete says they're going after the guys they want and they DGAF about stars or other schools say/think about them he just might mean it. Shit, throw Rapp in there too (and you guys, rightfully so, loved him.) He was a 2 star, right?

If anything, it's a positive. Guys we assume are throwaway kids in a class can turn out to be legit difference makers. That being said, if you shit on someone, don't double down when they turn out to be good. That's Kim territory.

Now fuck off I just about went TequilaL;DR and burnt these fish sticks.
    I think Rapp was a 3 star, and yes the TSIO guys are the reason I was so excited for him. They had that shit dialed in. Honestly I can't remember somebody they were excited about sucking. When they're positive about someone there's usually a reason.

LOL about Kim territory, spot on.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

AIRWOLF said:

Tequilla said:

AIRWOLF said:

Tequilla said:

No, recruiting actually matters ... the current state of OL recruiting is concerning ... it's the one area where the recruiting doesn't match what we see elsewhere

Not to rehash, but the only way it doesn't match what we have been seeing elsewhere is for the current class, which is, you know, not complete yet.
    This has been covered elsewhere and on our pod (where it was so bad we had to pull the plug midstream because DDY was about to kill himself or someone else) ... but the mix of numbers and quality on the OL is less than ideal ... at this point it is FS to argue otherwise
    The 2014 OL class was pretty poor, but it was also the transition class.

In 2015 & 2016, the apparent quality, based on recruiting rankings, was right in line with the rest of those classes. I would have preferred at least one more linemen in those two classes, but that is that one recruit the difference between a crisis that you have to be fucking stupid not to see and everything being just dandy?
    My concern is as much based on numbers as it is quality ...

To your point that we were 1 lineman short in the 2015 and 2016 classes, which I would agree with, the problem is that IF you consistently are in that position that really impacts your numbers down the road and leads to a lack of balance in a class ... which has its own issues.

The reason you are hearing the TSIO crew so vocal on this is that as it stands now the 2017 class is going in the same direction. 3 straight years of that becomes a huge problem.

To those that are fast forwarding to February and saying what if we get this guy and that guy, there's no question that we don't know with 100% certainty what the final class will look like. The TSIO podcast has been fairly consistent in saying that we'll be getting Henry Bainivalu from Skyline. We call it as we see it at the time and try to stay in a position where we're talking about what is likely and not about hopes and dreams.

And for anybody that likes to bash what one of us says about this recruit or that recruit, we're also way more accurate about what we talk about than not. The citing of Nick Harris on one hand is a nice surprise, but one of the big reasons that we weren't high on him is because he really doesn't look the part. He's still dramatically undersized and the fact that he's playing at this point to me is as much an indictment on the overall depth on our line than anything else. The RG position on our offense has been about one of the few positions that has been at times a shit show on the entire roster.
    I don't listen to your podcast but I don't listen to any of the HH podcasts, I just don't make the time for them. I do think DDY and Coker's recruiting analysis is an asset to the bored because it keeps me somewhat informed since I completely gave up on the TBS sites. I really don't remember any of your poasts on recruiting good or bad but I usually skip over your stuff because it's so long. Real talk, not trying to be a prick.

I don't care you guys whiffed on Harris, I wasn't excited about him either. But don't try that "we were wrong because we right" bull. You were wrong, own it, move on. Harris is starting as a true freshman for the best OL in the Pac12 and a top 5 team in the country. If that's an indictment of anything it's our(?) ability to evaluate talent. He's good. He's probably going to be great. Let's not pretend it's something it's not.
    I don't give a fuck about Nick Harris. I'm happy to be wrong. Who gives a shit?

The only person that really seems to care is @RoadDawg55 who continually brings this shit up and there seems to be a fundamental disagreement between he and Coker and I about what constitutes evidence for what.

Still, I could* care less and just enjoy talking about recruiting from time to time. It's not that serious. If I can't irrationally call for coaches to be fired based on my moment-to-moment affect in an over-the-top and half-serious way here, then I'm fucking out.

Not really, but still...
    I would have fired Petersen! Not really, but I did hate him and if we were 5-3 right now I would be.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    doogie said:

Strausser the recruiter put this line together, right?

Typical group of dumb doogs bitching over recruiting rankings wondering why every player isnt a 5 star

Another cuntslice poast that didn't make me laugh, or care, or think, or any of that shit.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Road doog can't wait for 2021 to be special.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,926 Founders Club

Tequilla said:

I will give you a bone in that we do need to LIPO to Signing Day and see what happens ... but rest assured of this OL recruiting class is piss poor the TSIO Recruiting Podcast spectacular for Signing Day will be all over Strausser's ass

That'll help.
    YOUR* IMPLYING IT WOULDN'T!?!
    Maybe.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,926 Founders Club

We've been RIGHT more than we've been wrong! Some of you need to take a walk for perspective!!1

Mods?
    huh?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    There's a lot of tongue and cheek references regarding we're right more than not Kim level BS ...

That being said I'll take our analysis over a lot of the TBS experts
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tequilla said:

There's a lot of tongue and cheek references regarding we're right more than not Kim level BS ...

That being said I'll take our analysis over a lot of the TBS experts

Noc