Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kaleb McGary

1235»

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,341 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Nobody is questioning Strausser the coach ... Strausser the recruiter though ...

Everybody has a role.

Recruiting isnt his.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,341 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

OL is the one area where I have always thought production correlates least to recruiting rankings. Very few linemen are ready to start as true frosh, most of them need development and weight room and nutrition (yes I know that's true for every position but I've always thought it more about OL than anywhere else).

If we're going to have an area where recruiting struggles but coaching excels OL would be the one I would pick.

Given Strausser's track record and the results we're seeing now, I'm fine with him staying. I'd bet anything recruiting OL's picks up based on the success of the program and his OL anyway. Whoever the sophomore/junior Foster Sarrell's are right now are going to be much more open to UW. That will help every position of course, but I'd bet anything the combination of development/ability to spot talent/program success is going to make the OL excellent going forward.

There's not really a position I'm concerned about long term other than QB post Browning. And there's plenty of time to address that.

Anyone at all concerned about LB post Bierra and Victor? When the JV squad is on there seems to be a pretty big drop off. Don't we have some stud LB red shirting though? I drink too much to remember all this shit.
    No....Victor sucked until he actually started and everyone was..."Whoa!"
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    HuskyJW said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

OL is the one area where I have always thought production correlates least to recruiting rankings. Very few linemen are ready to start as true frosh, most of them need development and weight room and nutrition (yes I know that's true for every position but I've always thought it more about OL than anywhere else).

If we're going to have an area where recruiting struggles but coaching excels OL would be the one I would pick.

Given Strausser's track record and the results we're seeing now, I'm fine with him staying. I'd bet anything recruiting OL's picks up based on the success of the program and his OL anyway. Whoever the sophomore/junior Foster Sarrell's are right now are going to be much more open to UW. That will help every position of course, but I'd bet anything the combination of development/ability to spot talent/program success is going to make the OL excellent going forward.

There's not really a position I'm concerned about long term other than QB post Browning. And there's plenty of time to address that.

Anyone at all concerned about LB post Bierra and Victor? When the JV squad is on there seems to be a pretty big drop off. Don't we have some stud LB red shirting though? I drink too much to remember all this shit.
    No....Victor sucked until he actually started and everyone was..."Whoa!"
    But a bunch of recruiting nerds want to boot guys for HS kids because they haven't done anything yet...sounds like they wanted Victor GONE.

And they would have fired Don James!
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

There's a lot of tongue and cheek references regarding we're right more than not Kim level BS ...

That being said I'll take our analysis over a lot of the TBS experts

Your podcast is a lot of fun. I never miss it. You guys have some great commentary on the in-game stuff.

That being said...let's not get carried away there, Chest.
    Not going full Chest either ...

We have opinions and if we're right we're right and if we're not we're not ... we don't claim to be experts ... but there's a reason the scoreboard says 81-19 on our podcast profile pic
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732

and now we have the best OL in the conference.

Longest dick among the eunuchs.
    Lexington Steele still has a huge cock in a room full of 5'3" Chinese men.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

There's a lot of tongue and cheek references regarding we're right more than not Kim level BS ...

Your podcast is a lot of fun. I never miss it. You guys have some great commentary on the in-game stuff.

We have opinions and if we're right we're right and if we're not we're not ... we don't claim to be experts ... but there's a reason the scoreboard says 81-19 on our podcast profile pic
    Jesus.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

dflea said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Jesus.
    wept
    for
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dflea said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Jesus.
    wept
    for
    WASHINGTON
    And on the seventh day God howled for his Dawgs! Woof!