Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Obamacare premiums up 116%

1235»

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

I only read the headline.

However, in Arizona, unsubsidized premiums for a hypothetical 27-year-old buying a benchmark “second-lowest cost silver plan” will jump by 116 percent, from $196 to $422, according to the administration report.

But it seems to me, average plans of employer provided health care are over $1,000 a month. Not to mention, that with the exchange, you can switch to a different provider if you don't like the cost.

Someone at work was saying that in many states (not sure how many) so many insurers have pulled out that there are places with only one choice now. Take it or leave it. Again, work convo so no idea if true, but a fact check might be in order.
    To me it sounds like a good time for politicians to step up and make some changes to the bill to fix it then.
    I would prefer just repeal it, but that isn't going to happen so this thing clearly needs some serious fixes. No idea what those should be, but this seems to be a shit sandwich as it stands.
    There are many great things about the bill. No preexisting conditions, regulation so insurance companies can't drop you if you get cancer, exchanges for more transparent and "easier" medical shopping, subsidies so people can afford insurance.

The fine if you don't have insurance is the central issue that sucks. And many things need to be tweaked. Legislators need to come to the realization the bill is here and it's better to fix it than repeal it.
    The biggest problem is families making between 75k-100k year. There is little subsidy available, yet their premiums are skyrocketing. 75k-100k households don't have the disposable income to offset these hikes.

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

However, in Arizona, unsubsidized premiums for a hypothetical 27-year-old buying a benchmark “second-lowest cost silver plan” will jump by 116 percent, from $196 to $422, according to the administration report.

But it seems to me, average plans of employer provided health care are over $1,000 a month. Not to mention, that with the exchange, you can switch to a different provider if you don't like the cost.

Someone at work was saying that in many states (not sure how many) so many insurers have pulled out that there are places with only one choice now. Take it or leave it. Again, work convo so no idea if true, but a fact check might be in order.
    To me it sounds like a good time for politicians to step up and make some changes to the bill to fix it then.
    I would prefer just repeal it, but that isn't going to happen so this thing clearly needs some serious fixes. No idea what those should be, but this seems to be a shit sandwich as it stands.
    There are many great things about the bill. No preexisting conditions, regulation so insurance companies can't drop you if you get cancer, exchanges for more transparent and "easier" medical shopping, subsidies so people can afford insurance.

The fine if you don't have insurance is the central issue that sucks. And many things need to be tweaked. Legislators need to come to the realization the bill is here and it's better to fix it than repeal it.
    The biggest problem is families making between 75k-100k year. There is little subsidy available, yet their premiums are skyrocketing. 75k-100k households don't have the disposable income to offset these hikes.
    But they have new cars, smartphones, all the luxuries. Priorities bitches.
    Hondo's priority is to have everyone pay for his health care premiums.
    My firm pays most of my premiums. Dumbass.
    Yeah sure.
    Yes. Government totally controls our lives more now.

You do realize that under single payer, I would pay more than I currently do.
    Everyone will pay more. A lot more.

Just how much of my income do you think you have a right to Hondo?
    Shut the fuck up, everyone wouldn't pay a lot more.
    Everyone's already paying a lot more adding more freeloaders only increases cost. Move to fucking England! They have great socialized dentistry too!
    No they aren't paying more dumbfuck. Not compared to insurance premiums increasing 8-10% a year. Now overall they are less than that. Dumbfuck.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,623
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

But they have new cars, smartphones, all the luxuries. Priorities bitches.
    Hondo's priority is to have everyone pay for his health care premiums.
    My firm pays most of my premiums. Dumbass.
    Yeah sure.
    Yes. Government totally controls our lives more now.

You do realize that under single payer, I would pay more than I currently do.
    Everyone will pay more. A lot more.

Just how much of my income do you think you have a right to Hondo?
    Shut the fuck up, everyone wouldn't pay a lot more.
    Everyone's already paying a lot more adding more freeloaders only increases cost. Move to fucking England! They have great socialized dentistry too!
    No they aren't paying more dumbfuck. Not compared to insurance premiums increasing 8-10% a year. Now overall they are less than that. Dumbfuck.
    Holy shit you're Daft! You can't pay for 50 million + people and have it be cheaper. Common core education?