Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

These Contracts

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Even Turner getting almost 19 million a year. Noah could hardly make a lay up last year and is getting 18 mil. Mozgov is getting 16.

It's the way the NBA works with the new labor agreement, but thes contracts are crazy.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Crap teams signing crap contracts.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Well they do have $96 million for 12 players to split versus $130 million for 55 football players to split.

Anyone remember Jim McIlvaine? Fawk.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Well they do have $96 million for 12 players to split versus $130 million for 55 football players to split.

Anyone remember Jim McIlvaine? Fawk.

TOO SOON
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    ROBERT SWIFT
    REAL HERO
    JIM MCILVANE
    ISIS TERRORIST
  • Options

ROBERT SWIFT
    REAL HERO
    JIM MCILVANE
    ISIS TERRORIST

If you can't see Mouhamed Sene is ISIS I can't help you.

Jim McIlvane is Timothy McVeigh.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The financials for basketball need to be reviewed ... a lot of these guys have no business making that kind of money
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm ok with most of the deals. Mozgov and Noah are starting centers if healthy and those prices are just the new normal. I don't understand why those teams didn't go after Biyombo, who won't be thirty fucking four in the last year of his deal, but whatever. That Turner deal is a joke. He couldn't start for Boston last year. A mediocre east team. Yeah there's less health risk and there's also zero upside. He a small forward that can't shoot and needs to have the ball to be effective, except he's not effective with the ball. I look forward to Lillards free agency tour in 5 years.
  • Options

I'm ok with most of the deals. Mozgov and Noah are starting centers if healthy and those prices are just the new normal. I don't understand why those teams didn't go after Biyombo, who won't be thirty fucking four in the last year of his deal, but whatever. That Turner deal is a joke. He couldn't start for Boston last year. A mediocre east team. Yeah there's less health risk and there's also zero upside. He a small forward that can't shoot and needs to have the ball to be effective, except he's not effective with the ball. I look forward to Lillards free agency tour in 5 years.

What are your thoughts on #MyGrizz signing Parsons? I think he's worth it (in THIS economy!) if he's healthy, but the knee scares me. Could be a major upgrade though.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    dnc said:

ROBERT SWIFT
    REAL HERO
    JIM MCILVANE
    ISIS TERRORIST

Johan Petro wants to know why you forgot him.
  • Options
    Love the Parsons signing. It's a big risk but at least he won't be old at the end of the contract. I think they'll be fun to watch if they get some health luck. The problem is they kind of top out as the best team that has no chance to win the title. But I mean there's worse things to be.

It's going to be ugly in a few years though. Conley and Gasol in 4 years I think will be combining to make 60 million dollars at 34 or 35. Definitely try to enjoy them now because they're gonna fucking suck eventually.
  • Options

dnc said:

ROBERT SWIFT
    REAL HERO
    JIM MCILVANE
    ISIS TERRORIST

Johan Petro wants to know why you forgot him.
    Je Suis Petro!
  • Options
    I question how much Parsons has left ... I wouldn't put close to $100M on my cap with a guy that may have little left in his knee (or at minimum, needs to have a good knee to be an effective player at that salary).

The money is the new norm ... but that doesn't make it right. Smart teams will exploit this by putting together as many max guys as possible and filling out their roster with guys looking for the chance to win (and the $$$ that come with that) and let the not quite good enough All Stars sign their cap crippling $15-$20M a year contracts.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I question how much Parsons has left ... I wouldn't put close to $100M on my cap with a guy that may have little left in his knee (or at minimum, needs to have a good knee to be an effective player at that salary).

The money is the new norm ... but that doesn't make it right. Smart teams will exploit this by putting together as many max guys as possible and filling out their roster with guys looking for the chance to win (and the $$$ that come with that) and let the not quite good enough All Stars sign their cap crippling $15-$20M a year contracts.

Bitter Moov is bitter
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Bitter Moov is bitter
    Are you suggesting that I'm a Mavs fan?

I'm not ... I never got the reason why Cuban was stalking him at the club to sign the contract with him in the first place.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited July 2016
    Tequilla said:

The financials for basketball need to be reviewed ... a lot of these guys owners make a lot of money

• Options
    Tequilla said:

Yeah, why doesn't everyone just sign a bunch of all stars and win the championship? Stupid GMs.
  • Options
    Not saying that the owners aren't making too much money as well ...

I've got no problem with the idea that these guys are getting rich off of the rights deals, etc. But at that point, let's start looking back at the cost to attend games. Too many people aren't in a position to be able to attend the games. Not sure that that's a great thing.

I'm all for people getting paid ... but there are guys that are getting crazy money that really aren't worth probably 1/3rd of what they are getting paid. Take DeRozan for instance, he's getting paid over $350k per game. He's a good player ... an all-star. So that's not crazy. But you take Parsons + Conley getting over $250M total ... and neither of them have made an all star team? That's what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I understand this is the new normal, but guys like Conley getting 30 mil a year is still insane to me.

DJ Augustine couldn't get minute as the back up PG in OKC, but is getting 7 mil.

Griz have a nice team if they can stay healthy. I can't see them winning the West, but they have the look of a tough out who could possibly do damage.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Yeah, why doesn't everyone just sign a bunch of all stars and win the championship? Stupid GMs.
    Missing the point I was making ...

Of course not everybody will be able to do that because there are only so many teams that can do that ... but more than ever the handful of franchises that are able to obtain and/or attract these players will be able to stock pile these kinds of players. With how much the cap is, you'll be able to load multiple top end guys under the cap which you used to never be able to do unless you obtained all of them. There was never the potential for a team like the Warriors to have the kind of money available to be able to go out and make a legit run at a player like KD.

With the idea of salary floors, etc., too many of these teams have no choice but to spend the money and in so doing are going to enter into bad contract after bad contract for guys that quite frankly suck. Evan Turner isn't worth close to $250k per game. That's fucking insane. That means the equivalent of a full capacity arena of 20k paying $12.50 of their ticket price directly to Evan Turner each game ... I know there's more into it than that ... but that's what I'm getting at. It's fucking insane.
  • Options
    The Grizz are pretty much the new Mavs ... decent enough to be a tough out but unlikely to be a championship team