Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jen Cohen refers to scholarship costs as "Welfare payments"

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Once again we're hit with stunners that would, at best, get you laughed out of the room in any other profession. But UW, in all its infinite wisdom, continues to redefine AD incompetency.

The degree in which we're* fucked if Petersen doesn't work out... I shudder to think.

I imagine it'd all be highly amusing to someone with no emotional ties to the school. 15 straight years of being mathematically eliminated from P12 contention by fucking November hasn't made the sting lessen at all.

lest we forget our dominance in the NCAA tournament... oh, wait.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,782
    edited June 2016

This language is very Trump like. It's beyond hateful and racist. Many athletes work hard, coming from humble beginnings, to get into the University of Washington. I imagine accepting their scholarship is one of the best days of their lives. Knowing that they now have the power to break the cycle, not just of their family but of their ancestors. Then they arrive at UW only to have this privileged white woman throw in their faces that they are once again on welfare and that they hurting the university.

I find it repulsive would say these things. I know it's popular nowadays to jump on the hate train. To be un pc. Donald Trump made it cool. But I thought at the University of Washington we didn't put minorities in the flat beds of our pick up trucks.

Jen Cohen should be fired immediately.

@allpurpleallgold: Dude. You're way overboard. Nothing Cohen said went anywhere near Trump territory, in statement or effect. Your accusation is far more racist, presumptuous, erroneous and hateful than anything Cohen said or meant. She was clearly talking about the increasing costs of living for the supported, scholarship athletes. She wasn't saying, or alluding to anyone being on "welfare" in the traditional sense.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Woodward got out in time, didn't he?

Slimy fuck. Just like Sark.
    Emmert too.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This language is very Trump like. It's beyond hateful and racist. Many athletes work hard, coming from humble beginnings, to get into the University of Washington. I imagine accepting their scholarship is one of the best days of their lives. Knowing that they now have the power to break the cycle, not just of their family but of their ancestors. Then they arrive at UW only to have this privileged white woman throw in their faces that they are once again on welfare and that they hurting the university.

I find it repulsive would say these things. I know it's popular nowadays to jump on the hate train. To be un pc. Donald Trump made it cool. But I thought at the University of Washington we didn't put minorities in the flat beds of our pick up trucks.

Jen Cohen should be fired immediately.

Aren't you voting for Trump?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,145
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    So let me get this right, not only is she fat, but incompetent as well. Got it. Fuck off UW. You are such a pack of fagglets.
  • Options
    DawgtonaDawgtona Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Alienate fan base...Check
    Alienate Alumni...Check
    Alienate Boosters...Check
    Alienate Student Athletes...Check

All bases covered.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

So let me get this right, not only is she fat, but incompetent as well. Got it. Fuck off UW. You are such a pack of fagglets.

And she's not even going to show us her tits.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    DHD said:

If I've read this correctly, I'm taking away the following:

Spending years treating your customers like shit and ignoring their suggestions and expectations will result in them spending their money elsewhere resulting in falling revenue. Got. It.

(I guess this also serves as notice that LoRo isn't getting bought out any time soon ... regardless of results).

good post except, revenue is at a record high. It just hasn't met projections. Thanks to the lies of a privileged white MAN who almost ruined women's tennis
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

The whole stadium/game experience is to just cater to families who go to the games once or twice a year.

Really? Because the game day experience is just as bad for the families who go once or twice a year. Trust me on this.

All it takes is one pissing down raining, buttfucking from asu, sitting on shitty high school bleachers surrounded by old gray hair men and women reminiscing about 30 year old husky football to realize you've had enough live experience for a lifetime
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

Swaye said:

And she's not even going to show us her tits.
    Sure of that?