Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Warriors are Done

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,159
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I"m pretty sure Jordan could lock down Curry at 25 feet today.

At age 53.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,218
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you guys can't see that Karma is with the Cavs this year I can't help you. I knew Curry was going to get hurt but was asked to hold on to the information until it could be made public
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Grade 2 MCL sprain. Will be reevaluated in two weeks.

TSIO
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    They can play defense without him but will struggle to score 100 points per game, which is what they'll need against SA and Cleveland.
  • Options

They can play defense without him but will struggle to score 100 points per game, which is what they'll need against SA and Cleveland.

They won't see Cleveland
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

TSIO

It's a Grade 1 sprain ... not a grade 2 sprain.

If it was a Grade 2 sprain, the odds of him returning before the Finals would be slim to none.

Grade 1 probably puts him best case at the back end of a lengthy series against the Clippers but more likely at some point during the series against the Spurs.

With the type of medical support around for a NBA organization, it's likely that he'll be able to return on the front end of recovery time than the back end of it.

Assuming he's back in a series against the Spurs, I would expect that he'd have some rust to his game. It probably levels the playing field a bit as I would expect the Warriors to win the series in probably 5 or 6 games with everybody 100% healthy. Very likely that you're looking at a 7 game series at this point.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

TSIO

It's a Grade 1 sprain ... not a grade 2 sprain.

If it was a Grade 2 sprain, the odds of him returning before the Finals would be slim to none.

Grade 1 probably puts him best case at the back end of a lengthy series against the Clippers but more likely at some point during the series against the Spurs.

With the type of medical support around for a NBA organization, it's likely that he'll be able to return on the front end of recovery time than the back end of it.

Assuming he's back in a series against the Spurs, I would expect that he'd have some rust to his game. It probably levels the playing field a bit as I would expect the Warriors to win the series in probably 5 or 6 games with everybody 100% healthy. Very likely that you're looking at a 7 game series at this point.
    I was just reporting what I was hearing.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I like to be RoadDoog fucking stupid and make bold NBA proclamations without even knowing what the second round matchups are.

I do that.

Boobie 2.0 continues to be a disaster. Major pressing, especially when you yourself say nothing but the WCF matter.
    I still lean Warriors without Curry, but it's very close.
    You actually think the Warriors without Curry can beat the Spurs? Are you planning on taking out Leonard, Aldridge, and Parker?
    Green, Speights and Livingston would be able to handle them no problem.

Next question.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

We don't even know what the injury is yet ... so premature to talk about anything until the MRI is completed and results known.

The Warriors will get a week off before the next series starts + a likely 2 week series against the Clippers before playing the Spurs. If it is just sprained knee ligaments then it's very possible that the Warriors will get Curry back.

And, while unquestionably Curry is the best player on the team and the league, they have many other pieces on their roster that are able to play at a high level. While you'd have to put the Spurs as the favorites at that point, I don't think you can write off a team as talented and proud as the Warriors. They'll figure out something.

They will be lucky to win more than a game against the Spurs. The Clippers might even beat them. Maybe not though because it's the Clippers and Blake Griffin is injured/ kind of sucks right now.

I like Livingston a lot a a role player, but the Rockets play no d. The Spurs play the best defense in the league.
    NO Dipshit. The Warriors play the best D in the league and Curry has little to do with that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is why you don't call players all time greats during their second alleged championship year.

Curry is awesome but greatness also depends on sustainability like our great stadium. That's why a big great player is preferred over a small great player. Curry was dinged up the year Davidson made their tourney run. He was hurt early in his pro career which is why everyone is saying what a great deal Golden State got by signing him to a big contract when other teams were saying what about his durability.

If he never plays again he was great and it was worth it to win one championship. That's not the point.

The point is he's Gus Williams until he shows he isn't. Let it play out.

Golden State will be dangerous the rest of the play offs even if he is out. Winners win and they did a shit load of winning this year. The fumes will carry over.
  • Options

This is why you don't call players all time greats during their second alleged championship year.

Curry is awesome but greatness also depends on sustainability like our great stadium. That's why a big great player is preferred over a small great player. Curry was dinged up the year Davidson made their tourney run. He was hurt early in his pro career which is why everyone is saying what a great deal Golden State got by signing him to a big contract when other teams were saying what about his durability.

If he never plays again he was great and it was worth it to win one championship. That's not the point.

Golden State will be dangerous the rest of the play offs even if he is out. Winners win and they did a shit load of winning this year. The fumes will carry over.

Was anyone claiming Curry was an all time great? I saw people saying he had an all time great season, not that he was an all time great player. Maybe I missed it. Definitely agree with your synopsis overall.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Was anyone claiming Curry was an all time great? I saw people saying he had an all time great season, not that he was an all time great player. Maybe I missed it. Definitely agree with your synopsis overall.
    sports.cbslocal.com/2016/04/13/steph-curry-all-time-nba-greats/

bleacherreport.com/articles/2620753-its-ok-to-admit-that-stephen-curry-is-one-of-nbas-all-time-greats

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

TSIO

Doogs hate facts.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

bleacherreport.com/articles/2620753-its-ok-to-admit-that-stephen-curry-is-one-of-nbas-all-time-greats

Bleacher Report is your source?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Bleacher Report is your source?
    The entire spectrum of retarded media in 2016 is my source. #HotTalk #HotTakes
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,712
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Spurs Cavs Final. Cavs win. Kyrie series MVP.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

At age 53.

And dunk on him.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2016

If Curry is done or not close to 100% for the Spurs series it's a Spurs Cavs Finals. The Spurs are one of the best 15 teams of all time, they're not losing to a supporting cast. It's a King that they'll lose to.

Warriors are going to make a super interesting documentary 15 years from now though.

I don't even watch basketball much but when you're right you're right. I know I picked the Spurs before the playoffs, but I'm leaning Cavs right now. LeBron will get help from Kyrie, though.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,159
    PurpleJ said:

At age 53.

And dunk on him.
    True.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You know the Clippers beat the Spurs last year right?