Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Warriors are Done

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I like to be RoadDoog fucking stupid and make bold NBA proclamations without even knowing what the second round matchups are.

I do that.

Boobie 2.0 continues to be a disaster. Major pressing, especially when you yourself say nothing but the WCF matter.
    I still lean Warriors without Curry, but it's very close.
    You actually think the Warriors without Curry can beat the Spurs? Are you planning on taking out Leonard, Aldridge, and Parker?
    LaMarcus is a bitch who hasn't ever won shit.

If he is a key for the Spurs, the Spurs are fucked.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

I like to be RoadDoog fucking stupid and make bold NBA proclamations without even knowing what the second round matchups are.

I do that.

Boobie 2.0 continues to be a disaster. Major pressing, especially when you yourself say nothing but the WCF matter.
    You actually think the Warriors without Curry can beat the Spurs? Are you planning on taking out Leonard, Aldridge, and Parker?

Good thing he doesn't have to be the lead dog then. Just put up 20 and 10 and let Parker, Kahwi, and Duncan rally the troops.
  • Options

I do that.

Good thing he doesn't have to be the lead dog then. Just put up 20 and 10 and let Parker, Kahwi, and Duncan rally the troops.
    He's their #2 after Kawhi:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/sa/seasontype/2/san-antonio-spurs

If Livingston and Iggy can step up to fill the Curry gap, the Warriors aren't dead.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I only point out the times when I'm right.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I do that.

He's their #2 after Kawhi:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/sa/seasontype/2/san-antonio-spurs

If Livingston and Iggy can step up to fill the Curry gap, the Warriors aren't dead.
    The Warriors are fucked without Curry. It was going to be hard enough with him. Curry isn't good Boobie, he's the best player in the league.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Without Curry the Warriors are a 50 win team.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm all in on the Warriors regardless, just so @PurpleJ can be wrong.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I do that.

Christ.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    If Curry is done or not close to 100% for the Spurs series it's a Spurs Cavs Finals. The Spurs are one of the best 15 teams of all time, they're not losing to a supporting cast. It's a King that they'll lose to.

Warriors are going to make a super interesting documentary 15 years from now though.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FREE PUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited April 2016
    We don't even know what the injury is yet ... so premature to talk about anything until the MRI is completed and results known.

The Warriors will get a week off before the next series starts + a likely 2 week series against the Clippers before playing the Spurs. If it is just sprained knee ligaments then it's very possible that the Warriors will get Curry back.

And, while unquestionably Curry is the best player on the team and the league, they have many other pieces on their roster that are able to play at a high level. While you'd have to put the Spurs as the favorites at that point, I don't think you can write off a team as talented and proud as the Warriors. They'll figure out something.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

We don't even know what the injury is yet ... so premature to talk about anything until the MRI is completed and results known.

The Warriors will get a week off before the next series starts + a likely 2 week series against the Clippers before playing the Spurs. If it is just sprained knee ligaments then it's very possible that the Warriors will get Curry back.

And, while unquestionably Curry is the best player on the team and the league, they have many other pieces on their roster that are able to play at a high level. While you'd have to put the Spurs as the favorites at that point, I don't think you can write off a team as talented and proud as the Warriors. They'll figure out something.

They will be lucky to win more than a game against the Spurs. The Clippers might even beat them. Maybe not though because it's the Clippers and Blake Griffin is injured/ kind of sucks right now.

I like Livingston a lot a a role player, but the Rockets play no d. The Spurs play the best defense in the league.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

If Curry's less than 100% for the San Antonio series it will be a bloodbath. San Antonio is damn near as good as GS with Curry at full strength. If he's at 81% GS will be lucky to win two games. If he's out it's probably a sweep.

San Antonio is a monster.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

If Curry's less than 100% for the San Antonio series it will be a bloodbath. San Antonio is damn near as good as GS with Curry at full strength. If he's at 81% GS will be lucky to win two games. If he's out it's probably a sweep.

I know it was the regular season but Golden State looked like they could run SA out of the gym at will
  • Options

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I know it was the regular season but Golden State looked like they could run SA out of the gym at will
    I put a decent amount of stock in the regular season, but Popovich has made it clear he coaches differently in the playoffs than the regular season. I want the Warriors to win the title but they're not gonna do it without a full strength Curry. San Antonio is great.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I put a decent amount of stock in the regular season, but Popovich has made it clear he coaches differently in the playoffs than the regular season. I want the Warriors to win the title but they're not gonna do it without a full strength Curry. San Antonio is great.
    *stalk
  • Options
    Again, we don't know the injury yet so let's let it play out before crowning this team or that team.

The Spurs are obviously a great team and play a ton of defense. My guess is that if Curry is out long term the Warriors will probably tighten up the defense a bit more ... which most forget that they happen to be pretty good on that end of the ball.

The idea of Livingston being over-exposed may or may not be relevant ... I could just as easily see the Warriors expanding Iguodala's role and making him the lead guard while also putting out their best defensive team. That's still a really good team. Obviously not a 73 win team ... but probably more like a 55 win team ... still definitely good enough to be very competitive.

From what I've seen, the Clippers have nothing to threaten the Warriors with in a series with or without Curry. It's basically Paul dragging everybody with him as Blake seems very obviously unhealthy.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Again, we don't know the injury yet so let's let it play out before crowning this team or that team.

The Spurs are obviously a great team and play a ton of defense. My guess is that if Curry is out long term the Warriors will probably tighten up the defense a bit more ... which most forget that they happen to be pretty good on that end of the ball.

The idea of Livingston being over-exposed may or may not be relevant ... I could just as easily see the Warriors expanding Iguodala's role and making him the lead guard while also putting out their best defensive team. That's still a really good team. Obviously not a 73 win team ... but probably more like a 55 win team ... still definitely good enough to be very competitive.

From what I've seen, the Clippers have nothing to threaten the Warriors with in a series with or without Curry. It's basically Paul dragging everybody with him as Blake seems very obviously unhealthy.

I agree they will beat the Clips with or without Steph. I don't think any 50 or even 55 win true talent team is beating SA in the playoffs though.
  • Options
    I would tend to agree ...

But at this point, we're really just estimating what Golden State is without Curry and trying to extrapolate when/where/how some of the role players will step up. Can Thompson shoulder more of a load? How much does Harrison Barnes see his role expand and step up? Can Iguodala handle playing a consistent 35 minutes per night? Does moving either him or Livingston into the starting lineup compromise their bench? Is it possible that the usage of Festus Ezili becomes more of a factor on the offensive end?

IF there's a team that is positioned to lose a MVP and still be able to keep everything together, it would be the Warriors and their depth.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I would tend to agree ...

But at this point, we're really just estimating what Golden State is without Curry and trying to extrapolate when/where/how some of the role players will step up. Can Thompson shoulder more of a load? How much does Harrison Barnes see his role expand and step up? Can Iguodala handle playing a consistent 35 minutes per night? Does moving either him or Livingston into the starting lineup compromise their bench? Is it possible that the usage of Festus Ezili becomes more of a factor on the offensive end?

IF there's a team that is positioned to lose a MVP and still be able to keep everything together, it would be the Warriors and their depth.

Except their on court performance when he's been out says otherwise. Yes, they looked good yesterday after he went down, but Houston's SIO and they know it, they DGAF. Throughout the season the Warriors had a negative point differential when Curry missed time (and over 11 points in the positive when he was healthy).

I agree they would be a pretty good team without him once they settled into their new roles and rotations. Pretty good isn't beating SA.