Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fire that worthless Romar today and hire Neighbors

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tywin you're getting soft in your old age.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

The implication that he was hired because of affirmative action and that hiring any black person is a diversity experiment is the racist part, not the collard greens.

I don't think Romar was hired because he was black (we? went after like four white dudes before offering him the gig anyway).

I do think if Romar were white he would have been fired a long time ago.
    Sounds like they weren't interested in the Rooney Rule.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Local AAU cult loves Romar, fwiw
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2016

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Wife?

I knew better. Your mom I meant.
    My mom is dead asshole.
    Sorry J. Didnt know. If I did I wouldnt go there.
    Going forward, let's just assume that everyone's mother is dead, mmmmkay?

Ty wasn't hired because he was Black either. He had been head coach at two major universities. He was hired because the AD and President were shit heads.

Romar was a great hire. Up and coming assistant who came in and lit a fire under the program and made our once a decade trip to the Sweet 16. Twice.

Then like nothing.

Ty clearly got a 4th year due to color. Not sure if that is why Romar is still around or not. His past record buys a lot of good will. I suppose you would have fired Don James too and he was white as I recall. Harshman and on a Bender got a lot of extra time too. Mens basketball was an after thought and I guess still is.

There were people inside the athletic department who said Todd Turner talked openly of the idea of having black coaches in as many positions as possible. Race was very much part of the equation in regards to Willingham.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Wife?

My mom is dead asshole.

Ty wasn't hired because he was Black either. He had been head coach at two major universities. He was hired because the AD and President were shit heads.

Romar was a great hire. Up and coming assistant who came in and lit a fire under the program and made our once a decade trip to the Sweet 16. Twice.

Then like nothing.

Ty clearly got a 4th year due to color. Not sure if that is why Romar is still around or not. His past record buys a lot of good will. I suppose you would have fired Don James too and he was white as I recall. Harshman and on a Bender got a lot of extra time too. Mens basketball was an after thought and I guess still is.

There were people inside the athletic department who said Todd Turner talked openly of the idea of having black coaches in as many positions as possible. Race was very much part of the equation in regards to Willingham.
    "Sources." Names?
  • Options
    Getting crazy in chat.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Wife?

My mom is dead asshole.
    And black.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Then like nothing.

I agree with this whole-heartedly.

The only reason why Ty was RETAINED was he was black, but I don't think it's so simple with Romar.

It's more likely that he's an alum and a 'good guy' with a first 6-7 years that were probably the best stretch in our history (since then, not much).

The race stuff probably doesn't make much of a difference there. If you remember, Bender had two HORRIBLE years. Romar has been very mediocre, but the bottom has never fallen out.

If Romar won 9 games next year it would be DAO. The problem is at UW, you can win 60% of your games in any sport forever.
  • Options
    What happened though to Andrews? He was great first half of the season and then the bottom just fell out.
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

He actually coaches. Just got to the final 4 with 3 players. Romar couldnt get thru the NIT with talent at every position. Romar, you are a fucking con artist. Bow the fuck out and sell cars to put collard greens on the table. Mr potatoe head is a fraud, an example of affirmative action gone wrong, a diversity experiment failure of epic proportions. Resign today.

WTF? Neither one of my neighbors coach the basketball.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

What happened though to Andrews? He was great first half of the season and then the bottom just fell out.

He wasn't the problem. He was playing out of his mind for awhile.

Romar fucking sucks. Even with most of his really good players, save B Roy's senior year they underachievd. Nobody could convince me that he shouldn't have gotten more out of Pondexter and especially IT.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    A team with IT, Pondexter, Brockman, Venoy (despite pimpage was a very good college guard), good version of JD, and MBA...on,y made it to the 2nd round of the NCAAs.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Gladstone said:

A team with IT, Pondexter, Brockman, Venoy (despite pimpage was a very good college guard), good version of JD, and MBA...on,y made it to the 2nd round of the NCAAs.

As the resident Quaker I'm contractually obligated to pimp some Venoyer, but I wouldn't call him "very good". He was a solid piece, nothing close to all conference caliber cause he never developed a shot.

Irregardless, it's a mute poont, that team really did underachieve pretty badly.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Venoy was a game changer defensively. Justin Holliday was on that team too. Elston Turner as well. At least that team won the PAC 10, but that was a loaded college team.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Venoy was a game changer defensively. Justin Holliday was on that team too. Elston Turner as well. At least that team won the PAC 10, but that was a loaded college team.

Turner was probably the transfer that broke my heart the most since Dickau.