Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My one issue with Hugh Millen

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    This shit happens with every homer sports station. "Let's beat are fucking chest and cry like hell when we schedule a TUFF out of conference, and complain that more schools don't. But at the same time we will justify our community college out of conference schedule because everybody else does the same thing." We all know it's in the middle. UW's previous OOC schedules weren't impossible, and other schools weren't that bad. However, next year, I think UW has the easiest OOC I have ever seen from an AQ school. Hugh is doing what any other radio host would do when his job is decided on by the university. None of these radio hosts will ever dare to question the University or it's staff. The players on the other hand are fair game. And in Hugh's mind, short black QBs.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I will try and respond before the thread veers of course. The EWU, Portland St, etc are now what the San Jose St, Pacific, Toledo, etc of the world once where before the 100 scholarship limits. Right now 180 kids are pushed down because of the limits on the Pac 12 teams, so the talent level has been spread throughout the mid majors, forcing more talented players to play into the sub division.

The majority of Husky schedules have included a cupcake.

And it is more about keeping up with the Jones' than protecting Sark.

Pure and simple it has to do with the amount of $$$ floating around college football.

Good Christ. Yes, there has always been shitty teams on the schedule (expect the years when the schedule was too tuff and the doogs were upset), but your scholarship numbers thing is fucktarded.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

TTJ said:

I will try and respond before the thread veers of course. The EWU, Portland St, etc are now what the San Jose St, Pacific, Toledo, etc of the world once where before the 100 scholarship limits. Right now 180 kids are pushed down because of the limits on the Pac 12 teams, so the talent level has been spread throughout the mid majors, forcing more talented players to play into the sub division.

Wow. Vehemently disagree. If UW's OOC sched used to follow an A-B-C formula (or A-A-C in some years), this year's is B-C-F. Next year's is C-D-F-F.
    Were weren't talking about the SOS? I was pointing out the back in the day, teams like San Jose St, Toledo, Pacific (RIP) were getting some of the kids that are no forced down to sub division because of scholarship limits.

As for next year's SOS, I do AGREE it is a joke.
    There are more kids getting FBS scholarships now than there were kids getting I-A scholarships 30 years ago.

Don't let math ruin your fucktarded arguments though.
    Old Dominion approves this fucking stupid post.

Just because the keep adding crappy teams to the FBS, does not change the argument that the talent is getting diluted.
    Actually, the numbers show that the increase in crappy FBS teams over the past 30 years provided a home for the talent dilution and for 800 kids that would have been in I-AA 30 years ago.

Do REAL research or get the fuck out of here.
    That probable explains why a record # of FBS teams lost to lower division schools on the opening weekend.

One week of anecdotal data doesn't beat simple math.

Two for one sale on vagisil at Rite Aid in Ballard...Looks like a few of you could benefit from this.

Scheduling is what is now. I just wish we would play consistently better against ALL opponents .

Doogs also love to play the "everyone else is doing it" card while bending over and encouraging this bullshit by paying to watch it.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

TTJ said:

Wow. Vehemently disagree. If UW's OOC sched used to follow an A-B-C formula (or A-A-C in some years), this year's is B-C-F. Next year's is C-D-F-F.
    Were weren't talking about the SOS? I was pointing out the back in the day, teams like San Jose St, Toledo, Pacific (RIP) were getting some of the kids that are no forced down to sub division because of scholarship limits.

There are more kids getting FBS scholarships now than there were kids getting I-A scholarships 30 years ago.

Just because the keep adding crappy teams to the FBS, does not change the argument that the talent is getting diluted.
    Actually, the numbers show that the increase in crappy FBS teams over the past 30 years provided a home for the talent dilution and for 800 kids that would have been in I-AA 30 years ago.

That probable explains why a record # of FBS teams lost to lower division schools on the opening weekend.

Well, I guess if they keep adding shitty FBS teams then your "math" wins.

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,113

However, next year, I think UW has the easiest OOC I have ever seen from an AQ school.

UW's 2014 schedule is a disgrace, but I'd say this:

08/30 - at Hawaii
    09/06 - Eastern Washington
    09/13 - Illinois
    09/20 - Georgia State

Is still more challenging than Arizona's 2013 schedule:

N. Arizona
    @ UNLV
    UTSA (San Antonio)

TTJ said:

Thanks for finally getting it. Shitty FBS teams with 85 scholarships are better opponents than FCS schools, just like D grades are better than F grades.

LEAVE!

TTJ said:

Thanks for finally getting it. Shitty FBS teams with 85 scholarships are better opponents than FCS schools, just like D grades are better than F grades.

LEAVE!
    Towson approve this post.

Sorry other Huskies.

TTJ said:

LEAVE!
    Towson approve this post.

Sorry other Huskies.
    Like I give a fuck when a F team beats a D team.

TTJ said:

LEAVE!
    We got too many thread going, but you are dumber than I thought (not sure that is possible) if you think ND St could not compete with the likes of South Ala. (So. Utah says hi) in the fucking Sun Belt.

TTJ said:

LEAVE!
    We got too many thread going, but you are dumber than I thought (not sure that is possible) if you think ND St could not compete with the likes of South Ala. (So. Utah says hi) in the fucking Sun Belt.
    Of course there are isolated cases. The best FCS team is better than the worst FBS team 8 out of 10 years.

The problem is that you can't schedule years in advance to get the best FCS team, so you have to go with the overall data instead of isolated anecdotal examples.

In general, the shitty FBS team with 85 scholarships will be tougher than the good FCS team with 63 scholarships.

Stop cherry picking. You think you're better than that, so be better than that.

However, next year, I think UW has the easiest OOC I have ever seen from an AQ school.

UW's 2014 schedule is a disgrace, but I'd say this:

08/30 - at Hawaii
    09/06 - Eastern Washington
    09/13 - Illinois
    09/20 - Georgia State

Is still more challenging than Arizona's 2013 schedule:

N. Arizona
    @ UNLV
    UTSA (San Antonio)
    I always knew UW wanted to be just like Arizona, I just didn't think it would happen so soon.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,113

I always knew UW wanted to be just like Arizona, I just didn't think it would happen so soon.

I too try to forget about the We Are a Basketball School Years.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I think Sven takes the internets too seriously. Oh. And HI HARV!
  • Irish is melting down like Bronc4Blue is on the scout sites.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,145 Founders Club

Irish is melting down like Bronc4Blue is on the scout sites.

We'll get the Vanilla lawyers all over his ass if he's posting our premium content!

Irish is melting down like Bronc4Blue is on the scout sites.

Did you gals get a room let?

Sounds like LOSER has gotten under your skin on a couple of boards.

What a pussy.
    and I enjoy my interaction with Boobs. At least he brings something to the table.

Unlike some people who just whine as they pick the sand out of their vagina.