Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jen Cohen Interview w Softy

Comments

• HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    haie said:

HuskyInAZ said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

I stopped reading when OP wrote that she should be disqualified for acknowledging the fact that a lot people would rather stay home and watch the game.

And spare me the reply where you explain yourself. She stated a fact that all sports have to deal with and you said that automatically disqualified her. Dumb.

This is a problem in college football but not really an issue for any other sport ... you can watch just about everything at home but people still go to games. Why?

Who the fuck goes to professional sports games vs. staying out home and getting fucked up, watching it on your big screen? It's a problem with sports in general and it starts with ticket prices, beer prices, and traffic.
    When leagues are routinely putting up record setting attendance numbers year after year, the facts aren't on your side.

Everybody talks about how boring baseball is in our ADD society yet they are getting people to show up at levels they never have before. What are they doing right?

I don't disagree with you that you can make arguments around ticket prices, beer prices, etc., but the reality is that if the mix is right, attendance isn't an issue. Anything less than that is a cop out.
    Exhibit A during the season... @Tequilla posting on Oct 16th 2012 about 2013 being special right in the middle of an annual Sark 3 game losing streak

Exhibit B after another 7-6 season from Sark... @Tequilla on December 26th 2012 after a loss to BSU saying "UW is right on track to becoming a major player in the pac12 going forward" under Sark and achieving a minimum 10 wins in 2013

Its just another off season championship complete with the typical doogisms of old
    You have way too much time on your hands.
    Credit to @Houhusky for digging this gem up. I spent no time on it.
    Then I credit you for being resourceful.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,152

I stopped reading when OP wrote that she should be disqualified for acknowledging the fact that a lot people would rather stay home and watch the game.

And spare me the reply where you explain yourself. She stated a fact that all sports have to deal with and you said that automatically disqualified her. Dumb.

Consider the source ( original poaster ). HTH

• H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

haie said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

This is a problem in college football but not really an issue for any other sport ... you can watch just about everything at home but people still go to games. Why?

Who the fuck goes to professional sports games vs. staying out home and getting fucked up, watching it on your big screen? It's a problem with sports in general and it starts with ticket prices, beer prices, and traffic.
    When leagues are routinely putting up record setting attendance numbers year after year, the facts aren't on your side.

Everybody talks about how boring baseball is in our ADD society yet they are getting people to show up at levels they never have before. What are they doing right?

I don't disagree with you that you can make arguments around ticket prices, beer prices, etc., but the reality is that if the mix is right, attendance isn't an issue. Anything less than that is a cop out.
    Exhibit A during the season... @Tequilla posting on Oct 16th 2012 about 2013 being special right in the middle of an annual Sark 3 game losing streak

Exhibit B after another 7-6 season from Sark... @Tequilla on December 26th 2012 after a loss to BSU saying "UW is right on track to becoming a major player in the pac12 going forward" under Sark and achieving a minimum 10 wins in 2013

Its just another off season championship complete with the typical doogisms of old
    He said expectations are 10 win minimum for 2013. And once it was clear those expectations weren't going to be met in the 2013 season Tequilla was on bored the fire Sark train.

There are a lot of things you can call teq out on, but I don't see what this one does I guess.
    It was clear Sark should have fired after the first game of 2010. HTH.
    In hindsight you are right, but I was doogin after the mighty Holiday Bowl win.
    "Sark has finally righted the ship" - FSMe to my dad (the other one) after that win against an uninspired #NebraskaClassy team.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,678 Standard Supporter
    She'll get hired because she's a she.

But she'll be the AD equivalent of Lambo and Gilby. Spectacular assistants who did less with more once given the top job.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,678 Standard Supporter

TheHB said:

I thought this thread was going to be about Jen Cohen's tits.

Huh.image
    If that's really her I'll retract my earlier statement
    If that's really her, I'll re-up my season tickets and write a fat check to the AD in exchange for motorboating dem tittays.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Gladstone said:

Meek said:

Is an Apple fanboy qualified to work at Apple because they are huge fans let alone run the fucking iPhone division? Um no. Hire a fucking AD who can run this business the way it needs to be run.

An excellent post, but it has been well documented here that doog arguments collapse like a house of cards when used against any real life parallel.

Think about the depth of failure HWSNBN had by the end of his third year. Apply that to your kid's teachers, your doctor, your lawyer, your insurance agent, your associates at work -- zero chance they come close to lasting that long. But the multimillionaire coach of a team you are deeply impassioned about? Lines and lines of low IQ militant pollyannas (I call them LIMPs) come out in droves to defend mediocrity or worse.

Doogs are far worse than any duck fan.

Who the fuck is HWSNBN? Doog name legend? Tyrone Willingham
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    even Jim fucking Harbaugh had to be a head coach at a smaller school to prove himself first... UW is the only power 5 school in the country where they don't hire candidates with appropriate experience for these roles (Sark as coach, pool boy as AD, now Cone)... good thing they "thrive" on trying to figure out their jobs for their jobs.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,975
    Ticket prices are influenced by demand, and are set to maximize revenue. Or at least that is how it should work.

So if the issue with lack of attendance is that the department isn't maximizing revenue, lowering (or raising) ticket prices would be counter-productive.

If the AD wants more ticket revenue, winning more games is the solution. There's always plenty of bandwagon and fairweather fans to fill up the stadium regardless of start times (which I agree are frustrating) and almost anything else.

But I'm no expert. I'm not as connected or educated as other posters might be. I graduated from Central for fuck sake. But I'm pretty sure I'm right.

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

Gladstone said:

Meek said:

Is an Apple fanboy qualified to work at Apple because they are huge fans let alone run the fucking iPhone division? Um no. Hire a fucking AD who can run this business the way it needs to be run.

An excellent post, but it has been well documented here that doog arguments collapse like a house of cards when used against any real life parallel.

Think about the depth of failure HWSNBN had by the end of his third year. Apply that to your kid's teachers, your doctor, your lawyer, your insurance agent, your associates at work -- zero chance they come close to lasting that long. But the multimillionaire coach of a team you are deeply impassioned about? Lines and lines of low IQ militant pollyannas (I call them LIMPs) come out in droves to defend mediocrity or worse.

Just use his fucking name.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited April 2016
    Gladstone said:

Meek said:

i wish they would just hire Romar and be done with it
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Wasn't impressed with the interview. Mostly hot air and not concrete information on actions or solutions to current issues. She didn't strike me as someone who should be #2 in a major AD, much less the actual AD. There are plenty of good candidates who have experience and accomplishments that dwarf her resume. Pick someone who is qualified. Experience and competence is whats required, not having "big balls" or being a big husky fan. And if UW boosters and such really care about her so much, more reason to bring in someone from the outside who can groom her to take over in 10 years or whatever. I doubt she learned shit from Woodward since it sounded like he was "checked out" for the last 18 to 24 months.

The UW AD is lucky Petersen fell into their lap or they'd be having major problems.

My takeaway at the time exactly ... not much has changed since then
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

Wasn't impressed with the interview. Mostly hot air and not concrete information on actions or solutions to current issues. She didn't strike me as someone who should be #2 in a major AD, much less the actual AD. There are plenty of good candidates who have experience and accomplishments that dwarf her resume. Pick someone who is qualified. Experience and competence is whats required, not having "big balls" or being a big husky fan. And if UW boosters and such really care about her so much, more reason to bring in someone from the outside who can groom her to take over in 10 years or whatever. I doubt she learned shit from Woodward since it sounded like he was "checked out" for the last 18 to 24 months.

The UW AD is lucky Petersen fell into their lap or they'd be having major problems.

I dont think Mommy would approve of this comment, better consult your handler on how to best handle this situation @HeretoBeatmyChest
    Faced!