Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jen Cohen Interview w Softy

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    Went & bumped my shit with this thread, Teq. But no Free Pub for the reminder?

Too busy editing that threesome hate-fuck pod w/Coker and DDY, by chance?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Went & bumped my shit with this thread, Teq. But no Free Pub for the reminder?

Too busy editing that threesome hate-fuck pod w/Coker and DDY, by chance?

Yes and yes

Free pub lacking on my end
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Wasn't impressed with the interview. Mostly hot air and not concrete information on actions or solutions to current issues. She didn't strike me as someone who should be #2 in a major AD, much less the actual AD. There are plenty of good candidates who have experience and accomplishments that dwarf her resume. Pick someone who is qualified. Experience and competence is whats required, not having "big balls" or being a big husky fan. And if UW boosters and such really care about her so much, more reason to bring in someone from the outside who can groom her to take over in 10 years or whatever. I doubt she learned shit from Woodward since it sounded like he was "checked out" for the last 18 to 24 months.

The UW AD is lucky Petersen fell into their lap or they'd be having major problems.

Bump?

Smart post. Everyone knows that the watching from home experience is currently vastly superior to the in-stadium experience.

I stopped reading when OP wrote that she should be disqualified for acknowledging the fact that a lot people would rather stay home and watch the game.

And spare me the reply where you explain yourself. She stated a fact that all sports have to deal with and you said that automatically disqualified her. Dumb.

I really enjoyed watching the National Championship game tonight from my own home in HD with the coldest cheapest beer in town versus being at the game ... far more lasting memories that way
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Smart post. Everyone knows that the watching from home experience is currently vastly superior to the in-stadium experience.

I stopped reading when OP wrote that she should be disqualified for acknowledging the fact that a lot people would rather stay home and watch the game.

And spare me the reply where you explain yourself. She stated a fact that all sports have to deal with and you said that automatically disqualified her. Dumb.

I really enjoyed watching the National Championship game tonight from my own home in HD with the coldest cheapest beer in town versus being at the game ... far more lasting memories that way
    Fuck. I read that and need a beer now. Subliminal bastard.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

The National Championship game is an excellent product. Husky football is not.

Tequilla said:

Fuck. I read that and need a beer now. Subliminal bastard.
    75k wink
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

The National Championship game is an excellent product. Husky football is not.
    Obviously that is an extreme ...

But the point is simple ... you'll never know what you'll see by attending a sporting event. Even UW football.

I still have a hard time believing that the Mason Foster INT happened and the play happened right in front of me.

I rarely go to Mariner games but somehow ended up choosing the day that Felix pitched a perfect game. I also saw McGwire hit one off of the back of the Kingdome the same game Randy struck out 19.

And don't think that I don't kick myself as a teenager for having enough responsibility to not ask to leave work earlier on a Saturday to attend Game 4 of the ALDS against the Yankees or for not going to the Alamo Bowl this year.

• H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Tequilla said:

Free Pub!!!11!
    With today's news of the Cohen hire, bumping this back up re: commentary from her initial interview with Softy back in January.

Long story short ... there's some positives to the hire in that she by all accounts has a really solid relationship with Pete. Her tenure will be successful or not depending on how she handles the elephant in the room when it comes to Romar's pathetic performance and whether she's able to lead the AD to revolutionize their thinking versus confirming that a lot of what is happening has been coming from things she has had her hand in and is clueless at turning around.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

With today's news of the Cohen hire, bumping this back up re: commentary from her initial interview with Softy back in January.

Long story short ... there's some positives to the hire in that she by all accounts has a really solid relationship with Pete. Her tenure will be successful or not depending on how she handles the elephant in the room when it comes to Romar's pathetic performance and whether she's able to lead the AD to revolutionize their thinking versus confirming that a lot of what is happening has been coming from things she has had her hand in and is clueless at turning around.

When even the alleged positive is a negative, the hire sucks big fat floppy donkey dick.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Tequilla said:

If the football team is winning, Romar can coach until he dies.

Suggesting that dealing with the men's bball coach is her #1 priority and will ultimately determine her value as AD is FS.
    Football is king ... but at the same time, with Pete at the controls things are moving just fine. Her job is to not fuck that relationship up.

Over the next 18-24 months, she will be judged on how she's able to (in no particular order):

1) Handle the Romar underperformance

2) Influence marketing --> tied directly into football

3) Turn around the budget issues in the AD --> tied into better marketing and football performance

Wasn't impressed with the interview. Mostly hot air and not concrete information on actions or solutions to current issues. She didn't strike me as someone who should be #2 in a major AD, much less the actual AD. There are plenty of good candidates who have experience and accomplishments that dwarf her resume. Pick someone who is qualified. Experience and competence is whats required, not having "big balls" or being a big husky fan. And if UW boosters and such really care about her so much, more reason to bring in someone from the outside who can groom her to take over in 10 years or whatever. I doubt she learned shit from Woodward since it sounded like he was "checked out" for the last 18 to 24 months.

The UW AD is lucky Petersen fell into their lap or they'd be having major problems.

I wonder if this opinion is still true ... can't wait to sit with my popcorn and see the results play themselves out
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,539 Founders Club
    She has said both publicly and privately that her strategy for balancing the budget is hoping for increased football attendance this year.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Tequilla said:

Football is king ... but at the same time, with Pete at the controls things are moving just fine. Her job is to not fuck that relationship up.

Over the next 18-24 months, she will be judged on how she's able to (in no particular order):

1) Handle the Romar underperformance

2) Influence marketing --> tied directly into football

3) Turn around the budget issues in the AD --> tied into better marketing and football performance

They are?

She has said both publicly and privately that her strategy for balancing the budget is hoping for increased football attendance this year.

Like I said elsewhere ... that's the definition of status quo, everything is fine, nothing to see here, move on behavior.

The reality is that she can do nothing as an AD other than allow Pete to have the resources needed to field Top 10 teams, fill Husky Stadium, and that will cover most of the budget issues and the marketing problems that the AD has.

She could really excel if she is proactive in those areas (which she won't be) or having the balls (hi Softy) to fire Romar at some point ...

Should Pete leave or fail to match in performance what he's building up with expectations, she'll be in over her head quickly if her solution to everything is to sit back and do nothing differently.