Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Petersen Pissed Away the Utah Game, but he won't Admit it

Comments

• Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I don't care one way or the other. I was entertained and had quite a few good belly laughs as the game played out.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The butthurt is strong in this bored. As is the fact-hatred.

Bidness as usual on the day after a loss, I guess.

And yes, expecting your 4th year junior to take better care of the ball than your 1st year frosh is the smart bet. All day long.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

And yes, expecting your 4th year junior to take better care of the ball than your 1st year frosh is the smart bet. All day long.

How many fumbles vs. touches does Gaskin have? How many fumbles vs. touches does DWarsh have?

DWarsh doesn't know how to properly secure the ball. It's obvious that this is something that can't be coached with him. He sucks with ball security. Bench his ass.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

TTJ said:

Sorry, @DerekJohnson, but this is your worst fucking effort.

Blaming Peterman for starting Dwayne Warshington in the rain is like blaming him for giving the ball to Cooper at the end of the game in Tucson last year. Fucktarded 20/20 hindsight.

Peterman abhors turnovers. He's obsessed with ball security. In a wet weather game, he decided to give the start to his most experienced back, instead of his true frosh. It is utterly rational to build your gameplan around trusting your veteran to take care of the ball. And as soon as it became apparent that DWarsh wasn't up to the task, he made a change.

Twisting this around as confirmation of Peterman's "incompetence" requires a toxic mix of butthurt, confirmation bias, and hindsight logic. You're better than this.

Great terrorist bomb as always. Washington has a well documented fumbling problem. Starting him shows Petersen is anything but obsessed about turn overs
    Hezbollah gonna Hezbollah
    You say "Hezbollah"; I say " Hezballah".
    *Hizbullah. In certain circles.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    TTJ said:

This is the kind of thinking that says you shouldn't bring your closer in before the ninth inning, or that you shouldn't go for it on fourth down at Oregon's 39 because of field position or something. Pull your fucking head out.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,008
    TTJ said:

And as soon as it became apparent that DWarsh wasn't up to the task, he made a change.

If this was true D wash would not have fumbled TWICE. Hth

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    If GW were president "ISIS" would be "WASWAS"!! LOL!!
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

God fucking damn you
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Derek, you mean like the Arizona game?!?11?!1?!?!?!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,082
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Throw away season. Doesn't matter.
  • Options
    I think most of Derek's points are valid. I had the same knee-jerk reaction. I also agree with what Teq said. I know it's cool to lead a miserable and pathetic life, but if you're still in LIFPO mode with Peterbilt, you certainly don't have blinders on or are being doogish. Are there a lot of discouraging signs? Hell yeah. There's also a lot of encouraging signs.

I'm still in LIFPO mode but realize Peterbilt isn't a tier 1 coach. But in my mind, there's really only 5-6, if that, premium quality, automatic game changing coaches in college football that can win no matter who they put out on the field. All we know right now is Peterman has made some really FS mistakes and he's not a complete game-changing coach. But other than that, he could be Dirk Koetter or he could be a top 15 coach who once he gets his guys in there, averages 5.5-6 P12 wins/year. That jury is still out. And anyone who says they know for sure he's Dirk Koetter is just as idiotic as a doog claiming he's the next Don James.

Peterman is not a top 10 coach in the country. That's about all we know so far.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought the title said "Peterman passed away". FUUUUCK!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,221
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We want a need a great coach. Period end of fucking story. Not interested in seeing if Petersen can improve to mediocre.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

We want a need a great coach. Period end of fucking story. Not interested in seeing if Petersen can improve to mediocre.

Race. We have a GREAT defense and the offense is only struggling because they are YOUNG. You are the worst type of Huskie fan.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    And the maddening thing to me, is I lived in Boise for 5 years of Peterbilt's tenure at Bozo. I didn't really give a fuck about the team..in fact, I rooted against them because their fan base is extremely myopic and moronic. But living there, I did watch 90% of their games and I never once saw this bullshit. I mean maybe under his unflappable demeanor is a crisis of confidence. Some of his moves in-game are mind-blowing yet he never showed precedent of doing the same things at Boise. Last year's Arizona game I chalked up to a throwaway season but it's getting to the point where the see-saw is moving in the other direction.

And it sucks because every other part of the program, from recruiting to player development to evaluation, roster management, etc., I am ecstatic with. Fuck. Me. I wish I had @Swaye's liver and @Dennis_DeYoung 's indestructable phone (and tree guy)
  • Options

Well who can we get that's better?11??!!?? Huh1???11!? We're all the way in Seattle and hemorrhaging money. Nobody wants to come here. Ask fucking Fleenor. Plus it's not just the Arizona schools. Utah is serious about football!!11!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Petersen can't get out of this season without some flags ... there are issues that need to be addressed.

But the good still outweigh the bad. The trends are still far more positive than not.

Barring an absolute disaster next season, he'll still be around for Year 4. It's the next 2 years that are going to really define what we have in Petersen going forward. He can't slip up next year and go 7-5 or whatever. That won't be good enough. But he definitely needs to get past the 8-4 or 9-3 measure and at least win the North in the next 2 years to really maintain the "all is well" mindset.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Petersen can't get out of this season without some flags ... there are issues that need to be addressed.

But the good still outweigh the bad. The trends are still far more positive than not.

Barring an absolute disaster next season, he'll still be around for Year 4. It's the next 2 years that are going to really define what we have in Petersen going forward. He can't slip up next year and go 7-5 or whatever. That won't be good enough. But he definitely needs to get past the 8-4 or 9-3 measure and at least win the North in the next 2 years to really maintain the "all is well" mindset.

He needs to win the north next year.

The only way it's acceptable if he doesn't if it's a 1 loss situation like when Andrew Luck and Harbaugh had to go to the Orange Bowl and the Ducks played for the Natty. I don't think any teams in the north are really primed to be elite next year so I don't see it playing out like that.

Win it next year.