Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Petersen Pissed Away the Utah Game, but he won't Admit it

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Nail on the head. Great poonts.

If you coach at Washington, you need to be run first.

I want to puke when he talks about Dawg weather. He is a fucking pass happy faggot who practices indoors when it rains.

It's fucking startling incompetence. I hate offense first/pass first fag coaches.

Whittingham outclassed Pete by simply doing the thing that made sense.

Fuck. I hate Pete's fucking bullshit.

Everyone on this bored knew: RUN THE BALL 30 TIMES TO GASKIN AND YOU WIN.

How could Pete not know that? It's not that he doesn't know it, it's just that he feels no pressure to win, doesn't give a fuck about stealing money from our fans and wants to prove he's right more than he wants to prove he knows how to win.

It's a fucking joke. FMFYFE.

Everyone on this board didn't check out Utah's defensive stats apparently
    I don't need to use my eyes to look at numbers when I've watched enough of Utah to understand what they are and aren't good at.
    92 vs 17 is a mssive difference. What the fuck are you seeing that makes you ignore such a massive disparity?
    Answer the fucking question. When Stanford plays Oregon and Utah, do you think they will air it out?
    Are you comparing the Husky's run game to Stanford's?

Tequilla said:

I want to puke when he talks about Dawg weather. He is a fucking pass happy faggot who practices indoors when it rains.

It's fucking startling incompetence. I hate offense first/pass first fag coaches.

How could Pete not know that? It's not that he doesn't know it, it's just that he feels no pressure to win, doesn't give a fuck about stealing money from our fans and wants to prove he's right more than he wants to prove he knows how to win.

I don't need to use my eyes to look at numbers when I've watched enough of Utah to understand what they are and aren't good at.
    92 vs 17 is a mssive difference. What the fuck are you seeing that makes you ignore such a massive disparity?
    Answer the fucking question. When Stanford plays Oregon and Utah, do you think they will air it out?
    Nice yeah, but still. I would have never predicted you would have this dumbass response.
    Stanford's Rushing Defense is ranked #15 in total yards and #24 in YPC while Washington's is 113 in total yards and 84th in YPC. Stanford can run on whoever they want. Washinton, not so much. Hell, Washington ranks better in passing than running at 71 in total yards and 54 in YPA (Washington state has a lower YPA!).

If Washington ran the ball against Utah, it would have been weakness on Utah's best strength. Instead it is Washington's kinda weakness on Utah's blaring weakness.
    Sacks and plays like Durkee dropping a punt for -27 yards greatly contribute to the low ranking. Gaskin and D-Wash are averaging over 5.8 ypc. That is good. This is the first UW OL I have seen in years that actually moves the DL off the line. We finally have some maulers and not the pussies that made up the Cascade Front. This young OL is far better at run blocking than pass blocking.

If you honestly believe UW is better at throwing the ball, kill yourself.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If you want to bag on the UW OL, the area to go after it is in their ability to run the ball in situations where EVERYBODY knows that they are going to run the ball.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,077
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

We want a need a great coach. Period end of fucking story. Not interested in seeing if Petersen can improve to mediocre.

Race. We have a GREAT defense and the offense is only struggling because they are YOUNG. You are the worst type of Huskie fan.
    Funny how the defense has young starters and key subs, yet aren't out there fucking the dog.

Nope:

Defensive starters: 4 SRs, 2 JRs, 5 SOs, 0 FR
    Offensive starters: 3 SRs, 1 JR, 4 SOs, 3 FR (including QB, RB, and LT)

Offense is a hell of a lot younger than Defense
    He didn't start the freshman RB. That's not a hell of a lot, its a little
    3 True Freshmen (including the QB) to Zero. That is a lot.

Gaskin was the starter for the last few games before the Utah game and he is probably going to be for the AZ State game as well. And the True Freshman RB is getting a hell of a lot more carries than the Jr this season. So saying he wasn't the starter for the Utah game is trivial.
    No its 2 because it isn't trivial its a fact. So 19% of the offense is true freshmen compared to 0%. That's a little not a lot like I said.

Did I stutter?
    Nah you didn't stutter. You are just being stupid. What does it mean to be a starter if you play less than a backup?
    Had he started 3 freshman the idiot he did start wouldn't have fumbled twice and gave up a TD which kind of makes your point even more lame if that is even possible

thanks for dropping by now LEAVE
    Before Washington's first fumble, Gaskin ran 5 times to Washington's 3, 6 to 4 before Washington's second fumble. So tell me again what it means that Washington was the starter? And Gaskin has been the starter for every game since Oregon (until Utah).
    But I'm still right and you still fudged the numbers to make a bad point
    Keep telling yourself that.
    Ok
    So what numbers did I fudge? As I said, Gaskin has been the starter every game since Oregon, except for the Utah game (though he ran during the first drive and more than Washington anyway). And he has far more carries than Washington anyway.
    I pointed out quite clearly where you fudged your numbers. You just referenced it again.

But I pointed out why I didn't. You just keep dismissing my responses for idiotic reasons.
    I dismiss your fudging of the numbers because you fudged the numbers
  • Options
    KnocksvilleEKnocksvilleE Member Posts: 75
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2015

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Nice yeah, but still. I would have never predicted you would have this dumbass response.
    Stanford's Rushing Defense is ranked #15 in total yards and #24 in YPC while Washington's is 113 in total yards and 84th in YPC. Stanford can run on whoever they want. Washinton, not so much. Hell, Washington ranks better in passing than running at 71 in total yards and 54 in YPA (Washington state has a lower YPA!).

If Washington ran the ball against Utah, it would have been weakness on Utah's best strength. Instead it is Washington's kinda weakness on Utah's blaring weakness.
    Sacks and plays like Durkee dropping a punt for -27 yards greatly contribute to the low ranking. Gaskin and D-Wash are averaging over 5.8 ypc. That is good. This is the first UW OL I have seen in years that actually moves the DL off the line. We finally have some maulers and not the pussies that made up the Cascade Front. This young OL is far better at run blocking than pass blocking.

Looking at the team's stats, plays like that account for about 68 yards... If you only count players with positive yards, the total goes to 1249 from 1181, bringing the run game to an impressive 107th in the nation! No doubt the run game is better than the numbers suggest since it has improved over the season, but it isn't clear it is good enough to take on the #17 run defense in the nation while the #92 pass defense is left unchecked.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/264
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYards

Even then, running more wouldn't guarantee them 5.8 YPC since other fatigue and stacked boxes would hurt their numbers.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Yep, as I pointed out earlier in the week virtually every RB for the Huskies has a fantastic ypc.

UW's running game is damn good.
  • Options
    I do agree I would rather them run the ball more often, but I understand why they weren't dying to do it to Utah.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Huh?
  • Options
    edited November 2015

PurpleJ said:

We want a need a great coach. Period end of fucking story. Not interested in seeing if Petersen can improve to mediocre.

Race. We have a GREAT defense and the offense is only struggling because they are YOUNG. You are the worst type of Huskie fan.
    Funny how the defense has young starters and key subs, yet aren't out there fucking the dog.

Nope:

Gaskin was the starter for the last few games before the Utah game and he is probably going to be for the AZ State game as well. And the True Freshman RB is getting a hell of a lot more carries than the Jr this season. So saying he wasn't the starter for the Utah game is trivial.
    No its 2 because it isn't trivial its a fact. So 19% of the offense is true freshmen compared to 0%. That's a little not a lot like I said.

Did I stutter?
    Nah you didn't stutter. You are just being stupid. What does it mean to be a starter if you play less than a backup?
    Had he started 3 freshman the idiot he did start wouldn't have fumbled twice and gave up a TD which kind of makes your point even more lame if that is even possible

Before Washington's first fumble, Gaskin ran 5 times to Washington's 3, 6 to 4 before Washington's second fumble. So tell me again what it means that Washington was the starter? And Gaskin has been the starter for every game since Oregon (until Utah).
    Ok
    So what numbers did I fudge? As I said, Gaskin has been the starter every game since Oregon, except for the Utah game (though he ran during the first drive and more than Washington anyway). And he has far more carries than Washington anyway.
    I pointed out quite clearly where you fudged your numbers. You just referenced it again.

But I pointed out why I didn't. You just keep dismissing my responses for idiotic reasons.
    Would it unwad your panties if I said 2 Freshmen starters and another that plays more than the "starter"? Hell even if we ignored the fact that Gaskin has more than 2.7x the number of rushes as Washington, and has started 3 of the last 4 games, and just say we have 2 True Freshmen starting, those are the QB (who plays nearly every offensive down) and the LT. Calling that 19% of the offense, which you could also do if they were a WR and TE who rotate every other play, is misleading at best, bafflingly stupid at worst.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

Did I stutter?

Ok

Would it unwad your panties if I said 2 Freshmen starters and another that plays more than the "starter"? Hell even if we ignored the fact that Gaskin has more than 2.7x the number of rushes as Washington, say we have 2 true freshmen starting, those the QB (who plays nearly every offensive down) and the LT. Calling that 19% of the offense, which you could do if they were a WR and TE who rotate every other play, is misleading at best, bafflingly stupid at worst.
    You know it doesn't really seem like its my panties that are in a wad here. You sound upset
  • Options
    edited November 2015

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

Did I stutter?

Ok

Would it unwad your panties if I said 2 Freshmen starters and another that plays more than the "starter"? Hell even if we ignored the fact that Gaskin has more than 2.7x the number of rushes as Washington, say we have 2 true freshmen starting, those the QB (who plays nearly every offensive down) and the LT. Calling that 19% of the offense, which you could do if they were a WR and TE who rotate every other play, is misleading at best, bafflingly stupid at worst.
    You know it doesn't really seem like its my panties that are in a wad here. You sound upset
    I'm not the one crying on and on about supposedly "fudged" numbers to ignore the obvious point that the offense is younger than the defense.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

Did I stutter?

Ok

I'm not the one crying on and on about supposedly "fudged" numbers to ignoring the obvious point that the offense is younger than the defense.
    I'm not the one crying on and on either. You sound confused. The numbers are fudged though. Of that there is no question.

At all
  • Options
    edited November 2015

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

Did I stutter?

Ok

I'm not the one crying on and on about supposedly "fudged" numbers to ignoring the obvious point that the offense is younger than the defense.
    I'm not the one crying on and on either. You sound confused. The numbers are fudged though. Of that there is no question.

At all
    Then you are clearly deluded. But why am I not surprised you are still crying about the numbers?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

Did I stutter?

Ok

At all
    Then you are clearly deluded. But why am I not surprised you are still crying about the numbers?
    You edited, THAT?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

Did I stutter?

Ok

At all
    I am politely answering your posts. Not crying. You need to know the difference
  • Options
    Hell ignoring the extreme youth of the offense by pointing to defensive youth just minimizes what an amazing job Kwiatkowski did. Unless you are Alabama and recruit 75% blue chippers, you shouldn't improve on defense after losing 4 top-44 NFL draft picks and pretty much every starter on the front 7. This defense had every right to be mediocre given what they lost. Same with the offense given that they had to replace almost the entire OLine and QB.
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

Did I stutter?

Ok

At all
    By polite, you mean ignoring pretty much every point I made to bitch about what you incorrectly think (and have not justified) to be "fudged" numbers?
  • Options
    MisterEm said:

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

Did I stutter?

Ok

At all
    You edited, THAT?
    Derp what?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

Did I stutter?

Ok

At all
    By polite, you mean ignoring pretty much every point I made to bitch about what you incorrectly think (and have not justified) to be "fudged" numbers?
    Oh no. The numbers were fudged. I showed that quite clearly already. You even agreed. Everyone agrees. Ask around, the numbers were fudged.
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

Nope:

Did I stutter?

Ok

At all
    Oh no. The numbers were fudged. I showed that quite clearly already. You even agreed. Everyone agrees. Ask around, the numbers were fudged.
    nope. Never agreed.