Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Article: Does Petersen have the Humility to Admit he Made a Mistake?

13»

Comments

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,792 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

I has poem...

SEC SEC SEC SEC.
    SEC SEC SEC?
    SEC SEC SEC!
    SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC?
    SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC!
    SEC;
    SEC;
    SEC, SEC, SEC.
    S. E. C.

Your picture of Peterman has too many big, straight, white teeth. Therefore your post is unbelievable. Try again. Faggy wink to you sir!
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam
    one of the best things i've ever read on here by far. Well done fearless dictator.
  • Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170
    edited October 2017
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Awesomed for the random play generator...

Ditto. A picture is worth 81 words. I don't even need to read the article now.
    I read it!

Good chit by our favorite dictator...
    Yeah. So did I.

I dunno. Smith is clearly learning on the job which sucks. As I replied to Tequilla in the thread where @Gladstone has gone OBK on me Smith was clearly not the right hire but now that he is making improvement maybe he can be the right guy going forward. I appreciate and recognize @EsophagealFeces concern that it is too little too late because we still aren't there in terms of play calling. I don't think Petersen needs to stick with Smith and would happily welcome a proven, capable OC to replace Smith. I don't think replacement is the only possible route to success though. Maybe it is and in a year our offense will still suck and we'll need to clean house again. As @Dennis_DeYoung there is no fucking way Petersen is replacing Smith and I think that is probably true. Only time will tell.
    Sorry, you can't fix stupid. And Jonathan Smith is just not bright. Dude scored a 27 on the Wonderlic. I bet you couldn't score that low on that test if you tried.

Firing Smith is the obvious move but Pete won't do it. He'd rather adhere to the loyalty to his coaches than loyalty to his players mantra. Same crap we saw with Sark and Holt until there was enough pressure put on Sark to fire Holt. Unless fans/admin demand Pete fire Smith, he isn't going to do it, even if it means 1-2 fewer wins/year.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,489 Swaye's Wigwam

Not letting lots of people onto the bandwagon when *we* win the north next year

PGOS!
    Right bout everything
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Awesomed for the random play generator...

Ditto. A picture is worth 81 words. I don't even need to read the article now.
    I read it!

Good chit by our favorite dictator...
    Yeah. So did I.

I dunno. Smith is clearly learning on the job which sucks. As I replied to Tequilla in the thread where @Gladstone has gone OBK on me Smith was clearly not the right hire but now that he is making improvement maybe he can be the right guy going forward. I appreciate and recognize @EsophagealFeces concern that it is too little too late because we still aren't there in terms of play calling. I don't think Petersen needs to stick with Smith and would happily welcome a proven, capable OC to replace Smith. I don't think replacement is the only possible route to success though. Maybe it is and in a year our offense will still suck and we'll need to clean house again. As @Dennis_DeYoung there is no fucking way Petersen is replacing Smith and I think that is probably true. Only time will tell.
    Sorry, you can't fix stupid. And Jonathan Smith is just not bright. Dude scored a 27 on the Wonderlic. I bet you couldn't score that low on that test if you tried.

Firing Smith is the obvious move but Pete won't do it. He'd rather adhere to the loyalty to his coaches than loyalty to his players mantra. Same crap we saw with Sark and Holt until there was enough pressure put on Sark to fire Holt. Unless fans/admin demand Pete fire Smith, he isn't going to do it, even if it means 1-2 fewer wins/year.

You have a lot of hate in your life.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

PGOS!
    Right bout everything
    will UW win the north again this year?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,489 Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

PGOS!
    Right bout everything
    will UW win the north again this year?

...yes

Had to spend some time on that, but I do think UW will win @Stanford and won't drop another random game. Apple Cup loss in Seattle doesn't look likely given results since Petersen took over.

UW will beat ASU/USC/Arizona rather easily in the Champ game, say 34-17. At this point UW either makes the CFP and gets beat by Bama by 17+ again, or makes the Fiesta Bowl and beats an Oklahoma/Penn State/Ohio State.