Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Article: Does Petersen have the Humility to Admit he Made a Mistake?

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited October 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
imageDoes Petersen have the Humilty to Admit he Made a Mistake?

Derek Johnson describes how Husky Football reaches a crossroads this winter.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,168

Awesomed for the random play generator...

Ditto. A picture is worth 81 words. I don't even need to read the article now.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Excellent article. Slight nit: the Fiesta Bowl in question was 2007, not 2008.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,707 Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

I read it!

Good chit by our favorite dictator...
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,168

Mad_Son said:

I read it!

Yeah. So did I.

I dunno. Smith is clearly learning on the job which sucks. As I replied to Tequilla in the thread where @Gladstone has gone OBK on me Smith was clearly not the right hire but now that he is making improvement maybe he can be the right guy going forward. I appreciate and recognize @EsophagealFeces concern that it is too little too late because we still aren't there in terms of play calling. I don't think Petersen needs to stick with Smith and would happily welcome a proven, capable OC to replace Smith. I don't think replacement is the only possible route to success though. Maybe it is and in a year our offense will still suck and we'll need to clean house again. As @Dennis_DeYoung there is no fucking way Petersen is replacing Smith and I think that is probably true. Only time will tell.
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    thing is, if Petersen did admit he fucked up and fired that fucker.....everyone would cheer and weep tears of joy
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,905 Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

I read it!

Yeah. So did I.

I dunno. Smith is clearly learning on the job which sucks. As I replied to Tequilla in the thread where @Gladstone has gone OBK on me Smith was clearly not the right hire but now that he is making improvement maybe he can be the right guy going forward. I appreciate and recognize @EsophagealFeces concern that it is too little too late because we still aren't there in terms of play calling. I don't think Petersen needs to stick with Smith and would happily welcome a proven, capable OC to replace Smith. I don't think replacement is the only possible route to success though. Maybe it is and in a year our offense will still suck and we'll need to clean house again. As @Dennis_DeYoung there is no fucking way Petersen is replacing Smith and I think that is probably true. Only time will tell.
    This is really why I'm so fucking mad. I could deal with this shit if I thought there was hope it would end after the year. I have no confidence that Pete will do what needs to be done. That's the most disappointing thing.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,905 Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

I read it!

Yeah. So did I.

This is really why I'm so fucking mad. I could deal with this shit if I thought there was hope it would end after the year. I have no confidence that Pete will do what needs to be done. That's the most disappointing thing.
    That's why there's nothing wrong with a little public pressure. ;) <----- $75k

(Especially since the Seattle media won't do it) </p>
    Sounds like it might be time for a HH grassroots letter to the AD effort.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    Does Pool Boy?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club

Does George Vancouver?

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,489 Swaye's Wigwam
    Not letting lots of people onto the bandwagon when *we* win the north next year