Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

? re Pitchfork 4 Peterson crowd

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Smith is a Little Sky caliber coordinator. Throw a dart on a map and you could find a better one.

Smith is not coordinator material at all. Incidentally, throwing a dart on a board is how he calls plays.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,735
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Nothing anyone in here can do about it, but the signs are already pointing to him not being the guy. The team not showing up ready to compete, poor play calling, poor clock management, slow to change. We'll see. The defense and special teams have improved, but his area of expertise is offense and that has sucked balls ever since he took over.

Not an attempt to hijack, but thanks to this bored (and our underperforming offense), I've been saying "sucks balls" so much lately, my wife is now saying it. If only she'd do it a little more....
    This is your best poast in weeks. Possibly months.
    I have not started drinking yet. But rest assured, some non-conformist posts are on the way a bit later.
    But you are a conformist. The majority of Husky fans feel the exact same as you.
    In a community of non-conformists the conformist is the real non-conformist by not conforming with the rejection of the larger community of conformists.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,536
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    How about:

golobos.com/coaches.aspx?rc=81&path=football

Or

unlvrebels.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/barney_cotton_941190.html

Or

goaztecs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jeff_horton_742351.html

Or even going back to the well one more time since Harsin was the best OC Petersen had:

broncosports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/eliah_drinkwitz_881047.html
    TTJ said:

Still waiting for somebody to name the OC who could turn these lemons into lemonade.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Smith is a Little Sky caliber coordinator. Throw a dart on a map and you could find a better one.

I suspect Smith is shitty, but honestly I don't know. The real problem is that he is Petersen's bitch. He has no clout because he has no real experience. Montana is a Big Sky school that any retard coach could succeed at (check their records, the Smith years were their lowest point since the 80's) and he was a QB coach at Boise State and Idaho.

If we hired Baylor's QB coach, I could get talked into it. I can't be talked into a QB coach from a MWC team, especially from an offense that wasn't good.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    TTJ said:

Still waiting for somebody to name the OC who could turn these lemons into lemonade.

Pretty much every currently-employed OC in the country could get more out of this offense than Smiff. So, Janet Reno/the field is your answer.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2015
    HFNY said:

How about:

golobos.com/coaches.aspx?rc=81&path=football

Or

unlvrebels.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/barney_cotton_941190.html

Or

goaztecs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jeff_horton_742351.html

Or even going back to the well one more time since Harsin was the best OC Petersen had:

broncosports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/eliah_drinkwitz_881047.html

TTJ said:

Is this a whoosh? If not, please never post again. You picked some of the worst possible retreads possible. The guy from New Mexico might be decent. The others suck.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

You definitely have a point regarding things like poor play calling and people have made a strong case for why they should've gone for it on 4th and 1, but he's definitely had this team ready to compete this year as each loss came down to the last drive.

Nothing anyone in here can do about it, but the signs are already pointing to him not being the guy. The team not showing up ready to compete, poor play calling, poor clock management, slow to change. We'll see. The defense and special teams have improved, but his area of expertise is offense and that has sucked balls ever since he took over.

They've been close at the end but slow starts (not showing up ready to compete) have been the alarming norm.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Thump said:

If Petersen was serious about winning -- he'd have a real OC and a real QB coach in there, and not a retread from Montana.

We also wouldn't have a WR coach that was fired from Florida for sucking ass.

That shit might fly when your team only has 1-2 tough games a year, but it doesn't fly in a power 5 conference.

He needs to seriously step up his game or get the fuck out.

Completely agree with the premise, but Saban hires fired coaches all the time. Most assistants get fired at one time or another. Hiring Smith was from Pete's formula. He promotes coaches from within. The difference was Harsin, Wilcox, Kelly Kaposki, etc were actually successful position coaches.
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Thump said:

If Petersen was serious about winning -- he'd have a real OC and a real QB coach in there, and not a retread from Montana.

We also wouldn't have a WR coach that was fired from Florida for sucking ass.

That shit might fly when your team only has 1-2 tough games a year, but it doesn't fly in a power 5 conference.

He needs to seriously step up his game or get the fuck out.

Completely agree with the premise, but Saban hires fired coaches all the time. Most assistants get fired at one time or another. Hiring Smith was from Pete's formula. He promotes coaches from within. The difference was Harsin, Wilcox, Kelly Kaposki, etc were actually successful position coaches.
    Good point.

The cynic in me has wondered if he went with Smith, because he was tired of his good assistants getting hired away -- and he calculated that nobody would try and hire Smith away.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

You could be right. I just feel like it's hard to tell from the data available.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Year three will tell.

In no particular order...

Look, we KNEW Ty was crappy as he had a bad track record and was full of shit.

We knew Neu regressed at Colorado, and was soft.

We knew Guilby was not HC material due to Cal.

We suspected Sark was more self promotion than coach, and time proved us right.

(Of course, Lambo started with great talent and proved himself not capable.)

In each case they weren't improving by year 3 (other than Neu who had a history of starting strong and heading downhill).

Peterman has a good track record. He inherited a soft team with really mixed talent including poor OLinemen.

The concern about him is based more on past Boise fails and that we feel he could be a better game manager.

Year 3 is enough for a coach to prove that he's the guy.

And even if he's the wrong guy, do you really want pool boy picking the coach??

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Not an attempt to hijack, but thanks to this bored (and our underperforming offense), I've been saying "sucks balls" so much lately, my wife is now saying it. If only she'd do it a little more....
    I used the phrase "plunger rape" in mixed company at the sports club last week while discussing the upcoming Cal-UCLA game. It just slipped out, and it actually got a better reception than I expected.
    I frequently reference "bringing out the plunger" in every day life and nobody gets it. Just awkward blank stares.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyInAZ said:

Wait until she gets her own balls in there....
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,528
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

I have not started drinking yet. But rest assured, some non-conformist posts are on the way a bit later.
    But you are a conformist. The majority of Husky fans feel the exact same as you.
    In a community of non-conformists the conformist is the real non-conformist by not conforming with the rejection of the larger community of conformists.
    This. I think.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,023
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Weak sauce. I do not GAF what the majority of Husky fans feel. Maybe I'm a bit weird that way, but I'm certainly not one to follow the crowd for the sake of fitting in. A number on this bored, though, I don't think could honestly say that.

FWIW, my wife just said "sucks balls" again. Maybe I have a shot this afternoon.
    Are we talking victory coitus?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Next year. Next year.