Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

? re Pitchfork 4 Peterson crowd

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
I still believe that CP is smart enough to design a offense capable of winning games in the Pac-12. Last year I think they had a qb (Miles) who was simply not close to pac-12 caliber (on a side note can you imagine what the coaching staff was thinking spring ball 2014 watching Lindy/Williams. After that first week of practice, the only thing going thru their heads was "oh my god, but at least we have Cyler for fall camp. We will be okay with him".

Fast forward to fall camp 2014 after first week of practice with all three there, and their thoughts had to be "we are fucked"

This year they have a freshman qb who's not physically ready and has freshman moments, with freshman (true and rf) ol blocking for him, a freshman rb who they like but don't want to kill him by giving it to him 30 times a game, along with a baaaad group of wr's. That recipe is not going to work period end of story.

So with that being said:

1st: If we are having this conversation a year from now about the Huskies Offense and their level of ineptitude than I will lead the masses in saying CP is not the man and accepting the fact that UW football as I grew up with in the late 70's-mid 90's is dead and not coming back for a very very long time.

2nd: If he gets rid of Smith as oc and/or changes his teams culture/identity on offense in the offseason, would that bring you back in the boat for him?

Like others have said, this team on D next year is Pac-12 North WINNING (not competing for but ACTUALLY WINNING) level, but the offense has to be average/slightly above average to get there.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You are a brave soul.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

I still believe that CP is smart enough to design a offense capable of winning games in the Pac-12. Last year I think they had a qb (Miles) who was simply not close to pac-12 caliber (on a side note can you imagine what the coaching staff was thinking spring ball 2014 watching Lindy/Williams. After that first week of practice, the only thing going thru their heads was "oh my god, but at least we have Cyler for fall camp. We will be okay with him".

Fast forward to fall camp 2014 after first week of practice with all three there, and their thoughts had to be "we are fucked"

This year they have a freshman qb who's not physically ready and has freshman moments, with freshman (true and rf) ol blocking for him, a freshman rb who they like but don't want to kill him by giving it to him 30 times a game, along with a baaaad group of wr's. That recipe is not going to work period end of story.

So with that being said:

1st: If we are having this conversation a year from now about the Huskies Offense and their level of ineptitude than I will lead the masses in saying CP is not the man and accepting the fact that UW football as I grew up with in the late 70's-mid 90's is dead and not coming back for a very very long time.

2nd: If he gets rid of Smith as oc and/or changes his teams culture/identity on offense in the offseason, would that bring you back in the boat for him?

Like others have said, this team on D next year is Pac-12 North WINNING (not competing for but ACTUALLY WINNING) level, but the offense has to be average/slightly above average to get there.

The WR's only started to be considered bad once the season started. I could have sworn there were tons of posts sucking off Pettis and Lenius before the season. Even that piece of shit Mickens was twice the player as a sophomore as he is now. Perkins and Daniels are decent to good TE's.

They aren't the most talented group in the conference, but they are more of an example of baaad coaching than truly sucking.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

So with that being said:

The WR's only started to be considered bad once the season started. I could have sworn there were tons of posts sucking off Pettis and Lenius before the season. Even that piece of shit Mickens was twice the player as a sophomore as he is now. Perkins and Daniels are decent to good TE's.

They aren't the most talented group in the conference, but they are more of an example of baaad coaching than truly sucking.
    I wasn't in the camp of Pettis/Lenius being all conf, and people built their expectations up because that's all we had coming back this season. What did each of these kids have for catches last year? Around 10. That doesn't even begin to give you a sample size.

Here is what I know about the group. Mickens/Hall we can't wait to graduate. Pettis/Lenius are not producing and getting targeted very little, and what is behind them (McClatcher/Renfro) aren't ready yet.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    Standard Supporter
    You definitely have a point regarding things like poor play calling and people have made a strong case for why they should've gone for it on 4th and 1, but he's definitely had this team ready to compete this year as each loss came down to the last drive.

Nothing anyone in here can do about it, but the signs are already pointing to him not being the guy. The team not showing up ready to compete, poor play calling, poor clock management, slow to change. We'll see. The defense and special teams have improved, but his area of expertise is offense and that has sucked balls ever since he took over.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,892
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    To OP:

Yes, if the defense maintains this level and the offense is just average in the Pac 12 next year, this team can do some things next year, IMO. It's one reason I'm not on a ledge yet (gayme threads and 12-24 hours after a game don't count as we're all lunatics then).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Go back to dawgman and choke on a dick while you do it.

A) Great Analysis

B) Should I put you in the "no to coach Pete camp"?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    godawgst said:

Go back to dawgman and choke on a dick while you do it.

A) Great Analysis

B) Should I put you in the "no to coach Pete camp"?
    #chokeonadickandgobacktodawgmancamp
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyInAZ said:

Nothing anyone in here can do about it, but the signs are already pointing to him not being the guy. The team not showing up ready to compete, poor play calling, poor clock management, slow to change. We'll see. The defense and special teams have improved, but his area of expertise is offense and that has sucked balls ever since he took over.

Not an attempt to hijack, but thanks to this bored (and our underperforming offense), I've been saying "sucks balls" so much lately, my wife is now saying it. If only she'd do it a little more....
    This is your best poast in weeks. Possibly months.
    I have not started drinking yet. But rest assured, some non-conformist posts are on the way a bit later.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Not an attempt to hijack, but thanks to this bored (and our underperforming offense), I've been saying "sucks balls" so much lately, my wife is now saying it. If only she'd do it a little more....
    This is your best poast in weeks. Possibly months.
    I have not started drinking yet. But rest assured, some non-conformist posts are on the way a bit later.
    But you are a conformist. The majority of Husky fans feel the exact same as you.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Still waiting for somebody to name the OC who could turn these lemons into lemonade.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,892
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Smith is a Little Sky caliber coordinator. Throw a dart on a map and you could find a better one.