Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

#FirePetersen

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

This thread belongs with the classics

God if Jonathan Smith figures it out
    that will be the all time bump thread.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

You guys only point out the one time I was wrong.

But, oh how wrong you were ... live by the sword ..... die .... right?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Burn him!

@Swaye, might be tim to add dip to the rolls of the dead.
    I would accept there are a couple threads last year where I "went on record" that Peterman should be fired and there was no way he is the answer, etc. I am such a dumb fuck.
    *except

FFS
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

whuggy said:

Anywhere but here a school record offense, a 12-1 record, and most of the team all Pac 12 would get a coordinator nothing but praise
    I still hate Smith at times because he does dumb shit like throw on 2nd and goal from the 2 when we could easily punch it in, but your post is still true.
  • Options

whuggy said:

Anywhere but here a school record offense, a 12-1 record, and most of the team all Pac 12 would get a coordinator nothing but praise

whuggy said:

There's about 10 posters on the game threads
    who will get violently ill when then read that.
  • Options
    Tequila and I were right
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Lots of fucktard in this thread
  • Options

How could you not love a site that wanted Petersen fired?

A very good poont.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    All this and now we got Bama
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712

Petersen hasn't done anything to deserve patience. He's been doing poorly since he came on board. I'm talking about on-field results because everything else is bullshit. Saying he only needs an offense is true on the surface, but we'll see. Will Muschamp only needed an offense at Florida.

The coaching decisions, especially in close games are equally concerning. The good coaches win the majority of close games. Petersen has lost almost every one. Petersen does what he wants to do, regardless of whether it helps to win the game. He's still running his shitty offense after years of struggle. Browning throws 30+ times no matter what.

Actually record in close games is mostly luck and is not predictive. A good record in close games along with a highly positive turnover differential is a hallmark set up for an overachieving team due for a crash.

Just for an example that I saw recently...Bret Bielema started his career 21-12 in one-possession games. He then lost 13 in a row before beating Tennessee a couple weeks ago. Nick Saban is 7-7 in one possession games since 2010.

There is just only so much that a head coach can do to influence a game with time management and coaching strategy- the game is played on the field with an oblong and slippery pig skin that tends to bounce in the most unpredictable ways. What I'm saying is- there is a lot of luck involved.

THAT BEING SAID...CP has clearly negatively influenced UW's chances of winning multiple games with his clock management, 4th down decision-making, and general offensive scheme.

We can expect that the bad luck involved in some of the losses (Arizona namely) will even out over the long run HOWEVER if the coach is still making bad decisions that open up the possibility of luck going against UW that is still highly concerning.

We thought we were getting a coach that would take calculated risks and put his team in the best position to win. A coach that would have his team playing with an edge. I don't know if that coach ever existed but he hasn't shown up at Washington.
    Poor in-game decision making and losing all the close games doesn't matter if you win every game by 30.

What a DUMBASS.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2016
    Third year is the year you can judge a coach.

I know some on here weren't thrilled the last two years but it's unusual (not unheard of, but unusual) for a new coach to take a team - especially an undisciplined bunch with no line - and turn them around in year one or two.

Year three shows and even early this year when it wasn't all going perfectly you could see the improvement.

Bless Allah.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    mobey said:

Just want it on record (take all the screenshots you need) that once again I am FIRST!!1! to recognize that the loser HC needs to be door.ass.out. ASAP.

No, we don't need to LIPO. We have seen enough.

No, we don't need better talent. The talent is there.

It's the head coach.

Always has been, always will be.

Yes, because all UW coaches should win all games.

Too bad we didn't fire DJ in year two at 5-6, it would have saved us from years of terrible teams.

Year 3 tells.
    Told you
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

nothing wrong with thinking he wasn't the guy last year.

However the comparisons to Sark that were in a number of threads the last 2 years were fucking retarded

also true
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

The joke is on all of you, because I'd rather win than be right all the time.

But I thought we were gonna stay in the jungle until after the Bama game?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The joke is on all of you, because I'd rather win than be right all the time.

But I thought we were gonna stay in the jungle until after the Bama game?
    I'm sneaking into town and planning my reentry into society.

But I still have all my stuff in the underground tunnels.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sark would have won 4-5 games with Cyler/Troy a Team QB in 2014. It was pretty obvious the team was playing a lot better overall. Tackling was the main thing I noticed.

The next year True frosh QB, LT, RB, no Ross. Pretty self explanatory.

This year everything came together with Petersen finally being able to complete the culture change.

The last 2 years did still suck though.