Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

#FirePetersen

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Some of us hate losing. That's where the hate comes from. Great coaches and players hate losing more than they love winning

You don't fucking say?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Some of us hate losing. That's where the hate comes from. Great coaches and players hate losing more than they love winning

You don't fucking say?
    You seem confused.

Don't ask the question and then pretend like you knew the answer.
  • Options

@Tequilla and yet you make excuses for Petersen and Smith every week when any fucking idiot that actually follows college football knows they are fucking up. "We need to make changes, but let me tl,dr every week about how the offensive coaching wasn't that bad..." Every fucking week after a loss. To quote PLSS, "Cut the shit, you sewer cunt!" I'm onto your shit.

You predicted 12-1 last year. 12-1! And yet you make lame fucking excuses every week. This year you had a post about expectations, why not us, blah, blah, but you are the biggest excuse making doog on this entire board. And it didn't start here. I remember you talking about 2013 being special. All of that belongs at doogman. Here was a place where we prided ourselves on not being moronic, homer doog pieces of shit. Of course we get some shit wrong and are irrational at times, but at least we weren't a poaster like you.

And take the other doogs back over there with you.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

You don't fucking say?
    You seem confused.

Not confused ... guarantee that I hate losing more than anybody on this board.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Defense is actually making decent progress, but isn't much more than average at this point.

What the actual fuck are you talking about?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,782
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

You don't fucking say?
    You seem confused.

*guarantee* you're going to say the same shit when Wazzu beats us this year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2015
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

You don't fucking say?
    You seem confused.

You are clueless. You hate losing so much that you need to write tl,dr bullshit every week we do lose? You did it under Sark too. You've been a poster for a long time.
  • Options
    @RoadDawg55

You are the king of cherry picking what I say that fits your narrative.

You're right, I've said that why not us this year? I also said that I thought that we had the talent to be a 7 or 8 win team this year ... 9 if everything broke right. I was the one saying that there was a lot more talent to this team than what most were willing to buy into when most were crying with the TSIO shit before the season started. Perhaps I've been more right about this season than most.

As for 12-1 last year, same idea. There was a path to it. Realistic? Maybe ... maybe not.

I don't set goals or expectations at levels that are easy to reach ... I set them as stretch goals that are difficult to achieve.

If the definition of being a doog is not panicking after every single fucking loss and wanting to burn the program down as a result ... then I guess I'm guilty as are many others around here.

If you would have asked me 12 months ago if the voice of reason on the Husky Fan Podcast was going to be @HeretoBeatmyChest I would have never believed it.

Take a fucking walk and get a perspective ... take a few of your blowhards with you.
  • Options
    I tend to be of the opinion that the fuckers in Vegas know what the fuck they are doing ...

They had UW pegged for 9 wins last year ... we had 8 and pissed away the Arizona game. Bottom line business says Petersen was -1 last year versus unbiased expectations.

They had UW pegged for 4 wins this year ... we already have 3. It's looking like Petersen will exceed expectations this year.

Now, if you want to be pissed off because Petersen isn't getting MORE out of the team, then go for it. But to act like he's run the program into the ground as a disaster ... then I suggest you go back to the days of having coaches like Gilby and Tyrone running the program. That's what a disaster looks like.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I tend to be of the opinion that the fuckers in Vegas know what the fuck they are doing ...

They had UW pegged for 9 wins last year ... we had 8 and pissed away the Arizona game. Bottom line business says Petersen was -1 last year versus unbiased expectations.

They had UW pegged for 4 wins this year ... we already have 3. It's looking like Petersen will exceed expectations this year.

Now, if you want to be pissed off because Petersen isn't getting MORE out of the team, then go for it. But to act like he's run the program into the ground as a disaster ... then I suggest you go back to the days of having coaches like Gilby and Tyrone running the program. That's what a disaster looks like.

If that is your opinion, what did you ever have against Sark?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,731
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

We were never predicted to win 4 games this year.

HTH.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Fuck Vegas, fuck 4 win "expectations", and most of all FUCK YOU.
  • Options
    Following the 4 win mark set by Vegas this year and echoed in seemingly every single preseason prediction that I saw, the expectation was that the talent on this team was somewhere between shitty and overly young. You don't get predictions of 4 wins without some sizable holes on the roster.

What those that are whining and crying right now about every single loss is doing is looking at the fact that the 3 losses that we've had have been by a grand total of 15 points and looking at that as an indication of how close we are to being 6-0 ... which if we were would absolutely earn Petersen pole position into the Coach of the Year race. Probably also true if he was 5-1.

But for those carrying the pitchforks, the difference between leading the Coach of the Year race and being a disaster is razor thin.

I could swear that I heard on a certain podcast before the season that the prediction was that if Petersen was the coach that we thought he was that there's no way that he'd have a losing record this year even though the path to 6 or 7 wins didn't look great and was going to require some stretch. He's on the path to do that and the goal posts are being moved.

In the unlikely event that UW beats Stanford this weekend, those that have been the loudest this week won't point to the great job by the team or the coaching staff in beating Stanford. Instead, they'll point to some combination of how they blew games earlier in the season to Boise, Cal, and Oregon or how Shaw/Stanford aren't as good as people think (see loss to Northwestern).
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,731
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

@RoadDawg55

You are the king of cherry picking what I say that fits your narrative.

You're right, I've said that why not us this year? I also said that I thought that we had the talent to be a 7 or 8 win team this year ... 9 if everything broke right. I was the one saying that there was a lot more talent to this team than what most were willing to buy into when most were crying with the TSIO shit before the season started. Perhaps I've been more right about this season than most.

As for 12-1 last year, same idea. There was a path to it. Realistic? Maybe ... maybe not.

I don't set goals or expectations at levels that are easy to reach ... I set them as stretch goals that are difficult to achieve.

If the definition of being a doog is not panicking after every single fucking loss and wanting to burn the program down as a result ... then I guess I'm guilty as are many others around here.

If you would have asked me 12 months ago if the voice of reason on the Husky Fan Podcast was going to be @HeretoBeatmyChest I would have never believed it.

Take a fucking walk and get a perspective ... take a few of your blowhards with you.

You haven't been right. The real perspective is that Petersen sucks. He's been a disaster. He'll get plenty of time with this administration, but so far, it couldn't be any worse. Based on your predictions, one would expect you to think the same.
    It is a hard truth but as for actual results on the field it really couldn't be much worse.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

You don't fucking say?
    You seem confused.

You are clueless. You hate losing so much that you need to write tl,dr bullshit every week we do lose? You did it under Sark too. You've been a poster for a long time.
    And normally it takes me about 2 days after a loss to set aside my frustration and write about it from a measured and reasoned basis