Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troy Williams to Utah

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Meek said:

if Williams was any good, he'd have been heading to Oregon not Utah.

Maybe. They are pretty High on that Waller kid. He'll be more competition than Prukop going forward. Utah seems like a great spot to land for a JC QB with only two years to make a mark.
    And "they" at Wazzu were pretty high on Bender.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

Doogles said:

Meek said:

Maybe. They are pretty High on that Waller kid. He'll be more competition than Prukop going forward. Utah seems like a great spot to land for a JC QB with only two years to make a mark.
    Oregon isn't the benchmark for all transfer QBs. Wittingham is a better coach than Helf. I don't know what your point is. Waller is a top ten QB recruit with a perfect skill set for that Offense. Bender sucking or not in the Air Raid has nothing to do with that. I've never seen the Prukop kid play, but he sounds like a less hyped version of Vernon Adams.

The situation at Oregon has nothing to do with Troy Williams and whether he can play or not.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,727
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

TommySQC said:

Doogles said:

Meek said:

Oregon isn't the benchmark for all transfer QBs. Wittingham is a better coach than Helf. I don't know what your point is. Waller is a top ten QB recruit with a perfect skill set for that Offense. Bender sucking or not in the Air Raid has nothing to do with that. I've never seen the Prukop kid play, but he sounds like a less hyped version of Vernon Adams.

The situation at Oregon has nothing to do with Troy Williams and whether he can play or not.
    The relevant part of Meek's post is Utah not Oregon.

Insert any one of 30 schools into the post:

If Williams was any good, he'd have been heading to ______ not Utah.

Its Utah.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

TommySQC said:

Doogles said:

Meek said:

Its Utah.
    Utah has a better program than UW and has a better national reputation as of right now. They have a more recent BCS win (against J and Race's Bama), undefeated season, and a stadium they can fill because people strangely care about football in Utah. Much more than in the Northwest. They choked on applesauce down the stretch because of poor QB play. It's not a football royalty school, but they are a contender in the loaded south with an immediate need at QB.

• Options
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

TommySQC said:

Doogles said:

Meek said:

Its Utah.
    Utah has a better program than UW and has a better national reputation as of right now. They have a more recent BCS win (against J and Race's Bama), undefeated season, and a stadium they can fill because people strangely care about football in Utah. Much more than in the Northwest. They choked on applesauce down the stretch because of poor QB play. It's not a football royalty school, but they are a contender in the loaded south with an immediate need at QB.

But did you hear the Arizona schools are getting serious about football?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

TommySQC said:

Doogles said:

Meek said:

Its Utah.

Hang your hat on he must suck since he went to Utah. Just like Wittingham showed with Devontae Booker, he can identify transfer talent that translates to the big leagues. I'm trying to think of the last impact transfer UW has had.

When you have two to play two you want to land in a spot that makes sense immediately. The way Helfrich ran the QB tandem this year wouldn't inspire me.

If I was him, i'd call Sumlin after this week, he did have a Cameo in that Adidas commercial and is the Black Sark.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

TommySQC said:

Doogles said:

Meek said:

Its Utah.

Hang your hat on he must suck since he went to Utah. Just like Wittingham showed with Devontae Booker, he can identify transfer talent that translates to the big leagues. I'm trying to think of the last impact transfer UW has had.

When you have two to play two you want to land in a spot that makes sense immediately. The way Helfrich ran the QB tandem this year wouldn't inspire me.

If I was him, i'd call Sumlin after this week, he did have a Cameo in that Adidas commercial and is the Black Sark.
    You're the one streeeeetching to make Utah sound like an attractive landing place. Booker wasnt a highly recruited juco he was working at FedEx before Whittingham called.

Look at the recruiting rankings. We can poach any recruit we want from them who isn't poly and/or Utah native at any time.

There is no evidence anywhere to suggest Williams is great or a big loss. Keep switching the topic and stretching for new points though it's working for you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2015

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

TommySQC said:

Doogles said:

Meek said:

Its Utah.

You're the one streeeeetching to make Utah sound like an attractive landing place. Booker wasnt a highly recruited juco he was working at FedEx before Whittingham called.

Look at the recruiting rankings. We can poach any recruit we want from them who isn't poly and/or Utah native at any time.

There is no evidence anywhere to suggest Williams is great or a big loss. Keep switching the topic and stretching for new points though it's working for you.
    I never said anything about rankings. Booker was an example of Wittingham being able to identify JC talent and have them contribute. If you're into rankings, doogman is more your speed.

I don't know if Black Power is any good or not. But there should be more tape on him to figure it out after the shit show at QB last year. If you 100% know Cyler isn't the guy, why not roll the dice on someone else?

It was a loser plan implemented by a conservative loser philosophy that lost games.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like where this went
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Holy fuck. Utah sucks. It's not a big fucking deal. Even when Utah is good they still suck (see this year).
    Williams sucks. He nearly had the starting job locked up twice. But he shit the bed in the spring finale and the final major scrimmage in the fall. Fuck him.

He also sucked. Vs asu.
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    Doogles said:

I never said anything about rankings. Booker was an example of Wittingham being able to identify JC talent and have them contribute. If you're into rankings, doogman is more your speed.

They live and die by the JC market at Utah thanks to all of the guys leaving for Missions, so Booker is apparently the exception that proves Whittingham is a JC expert. Got it.

Right now they have 23 players on their roster that came from JC and 9 transfers from other FBS programs.

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    No dog in this fight. Just wondering..

Why isn't Williams getting the Kongboner treatment from big schools out of his Juco recruitment?

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Whoever said Utah was in for a double defeat on Saturday really nailed it
  • Options
    Bump....I'm hearing RaceBannon never said Williams would be great.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Troy>Cyler so I'm still right.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Troy>Cyler so I'm still right.

That remains to be seen.

Cyler never had to face a tuff BYU defense but he also never threw three Ints in one game.