Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troy Williams to Utah

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Is he their starter next year?

probably
    He could start at Cal, utah, buffs, ASU, UofA Sadly.

Good thing we never gave him a chance other than a monsoooon
    I'm sure Smith told God to make it rain, just to make Troy look bad. He couldn't beat out Jeff Lindquist to play at Hawaii, nor Cyler Miles. He had his chances, spring ball and fall practice.
    This

Either Petersen is really horrible at evaluating quarterbacks (and he was a qb back in the day) or the guy didn't play himself into a starting roll.

I know 7' Wilson is graduating so good luck to Williams, but I don't think we missed out on the next Russell Wilson, or even Kaperdick.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah I trust coaches who picked Miley and Brownsocks. And Smith to coach them

• Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Are you saying you would have picked Lindquist over Browning?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Are you saying you would have picked Lindquist over Browning?
    Forgive me for channeling brents here, but I'm not at practice.

I'm looking at results and the history of various coaches fucking up the QB position. The results are two years of shitty QB play and shitty offensive coaching, a trend that started at Boise

I'm just not prepared to claim that Troy couldn't have beaten any of the dreck out. He left for a reason. Did he get a fair shot?

Showing up at Utah where they get the most out of the position is a red flag to me

It's a question that has no definitive answer. But until I see a lot better results out of the position I'll doubt anything Petersen and Smith do
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We're not talking about Lindy.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Utah sucks at qb and its why they never win their division. Thanks for the one liner though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When Wilson was healthy Utah led the division.

I could keep repeating my argument but I'll just disagree.

None of know why Williams couldn't beat out a couple piles of steaming shit. We do know the coaching has been below average.

You want to blame the players that's cool with me. It's what we have done for the better part of 15 years
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

When Wilson was healthy Utah led the division.

I could keep repeating my argument but I'll just disagree.

None of know why Williams couldn't beat out a couple piles of steaming shit. We do know the coaching has been below average.

You want to blame the players that's cool with me. It's what we have done for the better part of 15 years

All the QBs got the same crap coaching. Talent wins out and Troy...didn't.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Talent?

Exactly.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Let me get the steaming pile of bullshit straight. Our coaches fucked up because Williams was the best option last year and would have been this year. They just didn't like him or they're so fucking stupid that they played inferior players instead. He just wasn't their guy, regardless of winning and losing. Is that about right?

Get up out of your rocker, take a walk and get some oxygen. It's pretty clear you could use it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

Let me get the steaming pile of bullshit straight. Our coaches fucked up because Williams was the best option last year and would have been this year. They just didn't like him or they're so fucking stupid that they played inferior players instead. He just wasn't their guy, regardless of winning and losing. Is that about right?

Get up out of your rocker, take a walk and get some oxygen. It's pretty clear you could use it.

What a shock that you blindly defend the coaches
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyInAZ said:

Not that I'm blindly defending coaches, but I'm guessing they know a bit more about what they are doing than you do. As for blindly defending people, what's your deal with Williams? He never showed a damn thing at UW, yet you blindly support him. What gives? Clearly, someone has an ax to grind.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with the past 15 years. If you don't get that, you're more senile than I would have suspected.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I suspect Williams sucks just like Miles and Lindquist. Maybe he will be average at Utah, but I doubt he's going to legitimately good. We'll find out soon enough.

Either way, it'll be interesting :)
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Not that I'm blindly defending coaches, but I'm guessing they know a bit more about what they are doing than you do. As for blindly defending people, what's your deal with Williams? He never showed a damn thing at UW, yet you blindly support him. What gives? Clearly, someone has an ax to grind.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with the past 15 years. If you don't get that, you're more senile than I would have suspected.
    Coaches know more than I do? Thanks brents.

The longer I watch football the more I question that.

Road is right, most coaches are stupid. The great ones know more.