Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Doog Day Afternoon

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tequilla said:

How much of the change with Texas happened because of the QB change to go with it? Also, Strong being on a very hot seat had to have accelerated that - don't you think?

Big difference IMO between college and pro changes at the coordinator position. Maybe I'm wrong there.

The offense is a dumpster fire. I'll be happy just to see an identity on offense. That's the biggest piece that is missing to me.

If Smith hasn't been fired at this point, it's not happening in season. This was the time to do it if it was going to happen.

I don't think that there are many that are of the opinion that Smith likely needs to go in the offseason and Petersen needs to look in the mirror from an offensive standpoint.

But at the same time, going into the season, many were talking about letting the season play out and realizing there were going to be a lot of starts and stops to the season and that the second half likely would be better than the first. Well, we just had a stop part of the season Saturday and many have blown a gasket.

I get the need to vent ... but this was a developmental year the entire time. There are some things breaking in our favor and some areas of development happening faster than we were expecting. The offense MUST BE fixed heading into next year. I'd like to see it improve during the year and I think that will happen just from young players getting better. But it's the identity that is the issue and problem. The rest is just symptomatic of it.

Cal just had their best defensive performance in three years against UW. The Boise State game was one of the worst offensive clunkers I have ever watched. Do you actually think it's going to get a lot better, especially if we do the same shit? The hardest games are still to come.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Some of you need to learn the difference between understanding what the problems are and having the patience to let it play out before making the required moves versus being overly impatient and burning something to the ground the first time something doesn't go your way.

There will be changes this offseason ... if not, Petersen isn't the guy.

Sorry, some of us have grown impatient. Petersen needs a paradigm shift and he needs to set that in motion now. Maybe he can't fire Smith after 4 games, but they can use this BYE week to make some changes in how they call plays on offense. No more fucking random play-calling. Find what works and keep doing it until the defense stops it. It's really a simple concept. I can deal with the false starts, fumbles, and poor blocking from young guys. That's where players show their youth. But, dabbling in a little bit of run here, little bit of pass here, bubble screens & jet sweeps galore is just fucking insane. They keep doing the same shit over and over.
    Paradigm shifts rarely happen in the middle of the year.

The closest to one that I've ever seen in the UW program was James transitioning the defense in 1989 to the young kids with speed towards the end of the year. That's not really applicable here because the program has already been turned over to the youth.

The reality on the offense at this point is that it all starts with lacking an identity and purpose to what they do. Smith isn't likely to do that from what we've seen. Petersen's got to have some coming to Jesus moments the rest of this season and be willing to look himself in the mirror and get help from outside of his cocoon.

I've said it a few times, but the worst part of the offense right now is that when they do make a good play call, the execution sucks. It's a muddied mess.
    Slick Rick says hi.
    He changed from a passing team to a team that ran the option with a QB that could run it.

Are you suggesting Browning can run the option?

Shifting towards a slightly more run based offense isn't a paradigm shift. You probably should learn what a paradigm shift means.

Moving the offense from a 50/50 run/pass split to something in the 55/45 range isn't a paradigm shift.
    It's an example of a shift (the thing you said never happens), not the specific shift this team needs.

Are you retarded or something?

Thanks for proving how much of a fucktard you've been in this thread with this post ...

I said rarely ... not never ...

Time for you to take a walk down the middle of the Aurora Bridge for some perspective
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Some of you need to learn the difference between understanding what the problems are and having the patience to let it play out before making the required moves versus being overly impatient and burning something to the ground the first time something doesn't go your way.

There will be changes this offseason ... if not, Petersen isn't the guy.

Sorry, some of us have grown impatient. Petersen needs a paradigm shift and he needs to set that in motion now. Maybe he can't fire Smith after 4 games, but they can use this BYE week to make some changes in how they call plays on offense. No more fucking random play-calling. Find what works and keep doing it until the defense stops it. It's really a simple concept. I can deal with the false starts, fumbles, and poor blocking from young guys. That's where players show their youth. But, dabbling in a little bit of run here, little bit of pass here, bubble screens & jet sweeps galore is just fucking insane. They keep doing the same shit over and over.
    Paradigm shifts rarely happen in the middle of the year.

The closest to one that I've ever seen in the UW program was James transitioning the defense in 1989 to the young kids with speed towards the end of the year. That's not really applicable here because the program has already been turned over to the youth.

The reality on the offense at this point is that it all starts with lacking an identity and purpose to what they do. Smith isn't likely to do that from what we've seen. Petersen's got to have some coming to Jesus moments the rest of this season and be willing to look himself in the mirror and get help from outside of his cocoon.

I've said it a few times, but the worst part of the offense right now is that when they do make a good play call, the execution sucks. It's a muddied mess.
    Slick Rick says hi.
    He changed from a passing team to a team that ran the option with a QB that could run it.

Are you suggesting Browning can run the option?

Shifting towards a slightly more run based offense isn't a paradigm shift. You probably should learn what a paradigm shift means.

Moving the offense from a 50/50 run/pass split to something in the 55/45 range isn't a paradigm shift.
    It's an example of a shift (the thing you said never happens), not the specific shift this team needs.

Are you retarded or something?

Thanks for proving how much of a fucktard you've been in this thread with this post ...

I said rarely ... not never ...

Time for you to take a walk down the middle of the Aurora Bridge for some perspective
    Teams are RARELY worst in their conference on offense.

Get it yet, dumb fuck???
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    i get a feeling that gloves are about to come off

Tequilla said:

How much of the change with Texas happened because of the QB change to go with it? Also, Strong being on a very hot seat had to have accelerated that - don't you think?

Big difference IMO between college and pro changes at the coordinator position. Maybe I'm wrong there.

The offense is a dumpster fire. I'll be happy just to see an identity on offense. That's the biggest piece that is missing to me.

If Smith hasn't been fired at this point, it's not happening in season. This was the time to do it if it was going to happen.

I don't think that there are many that are of the opinion that Smith likely needs to go in the offseason and Petersen needs to look in the mirror from an offensive standpoint.

But at the same time, going into the season, many were talking about letting the season play out and realizing there were going to be a lot of starts and stops to the season and that the second half likely would be better than the first. Well, we just had a stop part of the season Saturday and many have blown a gasket.

I get the need to vent ... but this was a developmental year the entire time. There are some things breaking in our favor and some areas of development happening faster than we were expecting. The offense MUST BE fixed heading into next year. I'd like to see it improve during the year and I think that will happen just from young players getting better. But it's the identity that is the issue and problem. The rest is just symptomatic of it.

Cal just had their best defensive performance in three years against UW. The Boise State game was one of the worst offensive clunkers I have ever watched. Do you actually think it's going to get a lot better, especially if we do the same shit? The hardest games are still to come.
    Do I think that there are going to be some good/bad games from the offense as we go through the year? Yes.

Do I think that we're going to be able to accurately predict which games we will see the good/bad performance in? No.

It's going to be an inconsistent offense that has parts established with the lack of identity from Pete/Smith and parts coming from several young players struggling with the consistency required to play PAC football.

I think even you'd admit that there's been some good plays called this year that just have been poorly executed. The offensive failures have problems at all levels ... but the ultimate buck stops at those who are responsible for it ... Smith for coordinating the dumpster fire and Petersen for hiring Smith.

Smith can fix the problem by improving the on-field performance. That doesn't look likely.

Petersen can fix the problem by removing Smith after the season. That looks likely.

How much Petersen will look in the mirror and be willing to admit that his offense needs some help we'll see depending on who it is he hires as his next coordinator.

The one thing that is getting very little play around here is that I'm as fed up with Pease as I am with Smith at this point. I'm not seeing a damn thing from Pease that makes me comfortable with him going forward.
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Do I think that there are going to be some good/bad games from the offense as we go through the year? Yes.

Do I think that we're going to be able to accurately predict which games we will see the good/bad performance in? No.

It's going to be an inconsistent offense that has parts established with the lack of identity from Pete/Smith and parts coming from several young players struggling with the consistency required to play PAC football.

I think even you'd admit that there's been some good plays called this year that just have been poorly executed. The offensive failures have problems at all levels ... but the ultimate buck stops at those who are responsible for it ... Smith for coordinating the dumpster fire and Petersen for hiring Smith.

Smith can fix the problem by improving the on-field performance. That doesn't look likely.

Petersen can fix the problem by removing Smith after the season. That looks likely.

How much Petersen will look in the mirror and be willing to admit that his offense needs some help we'll see depending on who it is he hires as his next coordinator.

The one thing that is getting very little play around here is that I'm as fed up with Pease as I am with Smith at this point. I'm not seeing a damn thing from Pease that makes me comfortable with him going forward.
    Yeah, let's blame the WRs coach. That's where the true problem lies.

Jesus titty fucking CHRIST.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

What is wrong with him saying he is fed up with Pease too? I feel like you are just going scorched earth here on people at this point. Pease is shit, Smith is shit. He's not blaming him for everything, he is just saying he sucks at his job too.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

What is wrong with him saying he is fed up with Pease too? I feel like you are just going scorched earth here on people at this point. Pease is shit, Smith is shit. He's not blaming him for everything, he is just saying he sucks at his job too.
    Perspective is really TUFF for some
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck perspective.

Nice to see the REAL Tequilla stand up.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,901 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

pawz said:

Gladstone said:

pawz said:

I awesomed this poast, but I'm on the list by your standards.

Most great coaches have it turned around year three, if at all. Not earlier. Damone hasn't even turned up to tell us about 15 games, or whatever the fuck the metric was.

Grab a bottle of fireball, take a walk, beat your wife, get perspective.

And fuck off.
    Hi there.

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/17597/elite-coaches-of-the-bcs-era-1998-2014-and-year-2/p1

See ya!
    Hi there.

You must be a duck, which is telling because CFB history is >1994. Dig a little deeper, history is on my side.

Or tell us more how you wold have fired Don James.

If we aren't near the top of the conference next year (which is always special), burn this bitch down.
    what

you said "Most great coaches have it turned around year three, if at all. Not earlier. "

i then categorically destroyed you by referencing the year 2 thread

then you curl into a ball and accuse me of being a duck fan (lol) and use the tried-and-true doog 'you would have fired don james' bullshit line

you and people with mindsets like you poisoned and irreparably killed the program

www.dawgman.com

go. don't come back.

categoricallydestroyedLOL.jpg

What do USC, Oklahoma, Florida and tOSU have in common? Hint: But how was Sark a great recruiter? I'm sure you will spin an Owen12doog attack into your rebuttal, but I digress.

And Chipper75k, by the time he was hired as the head guy, qualified as an internal hire who's system was already being implemented.

Broader. Sample size. Needed.

On a side note, I like to irreparably my sweat pants. I do that.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,901 Founders Club

pawz said:

Gladstone said:

pawz said:

Most great coaches have it turned around year three, if at all. Not earlier. Damone hasn't even turned up to tell us about 15 games, or whatever the fuck the metric was.

And fuck off.
    Hi there.

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/17597/elite-coaches-of-the-bcs-era-1998-2014-and-year-2/p1

See ya!
    Hi there.

You must be a duck, which is telling because CFB history is >1994. Dig a little deeper, history is on my side.

If we aren't near the top of the conference next year (which is always special), burn this bitch down.
    I haven't had to pull this one out since doogman days but here goes.

In his FIRST year Don James beat USC for the first UW win in 10 years AND beat UCLA, the first LA sweep in many years. UW played CAL for the ROSE BOWL in November. (and lost).

His non conference games were ASU who would go 12-0 and Texas along with Navy. Oh and a little trip to ALABAMA. He was 5-2 in the Pac 8.

They were 3-4 his second year the won the ROSE BOWL and popped off his third.

Yes I would have fired him but there is no fucking comparison between James and GilbyTySarkPetermen and their shitty first and second years.

FUCK

Sark beat USC his FIRST year.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck perspective.

You're completely full of yourself ...

If you think I'm happy with being mediocre, then you clearly don't have a good handle on who I am.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Gladstone said:

pawz said:

And fuck off.
    Hi there.

See ya!
    Hi there.

I haven't had to pull this one out since doogman days but here goes.

In his FIRST year Don James beat USC for the first UW win in 10 years AND beat UCLA, the first LA sweep in many years. UW played CAL for the ROSE BOWL in November. (and lost).

His non conference games were ASU who would go 12-0 and Texas along with Navy. Oh and a little trip to ALABAMA. He was 5-2 in the Pac 8.

They were 3-4 his second year the won the ROSE BOWL and popped off his third.

Yes I would have fired him but there is no fucking comparison between James and GilbyTySarkPetermen and their shitty first and second years.

FUCK

Sark beat USC his FIRST year.
    Sark is better than Petersen
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck perspective.

If you think I'm happy with being mediocre, then you clearly don't have a good handle on who I am.
    Disagree

"I would have been satisfied with 6 [wins]"
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck perspective.

Disagree

"I would have been satisfied with 6 [wins]"
    So let me get this straight ...

You are trying to spin me being happy with being mediocre by citing that I said that before the season I would be satisfied with a win total of 50-75% more than the general consensus for UW, including those in Vegas that make their share of money by being right on these kinds of things?

Wow, just wow.