Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

True Detective: Season 2

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Vince Vaughn has been fine. The fight scene against the Mexican was kind of stupid, but whatever. I loved Friday Night Lights, but Tim Riggins is a bad actor. I know his character is supposed to be somewhat of a dolt, but the guy offers nothing except being good looking (75k).
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,477
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Vince Vaughn has been fine. The fight scene against the Mexican was kind of stupid, but whatever. I loved Friday Night Lights, but Tim Riggins is a bad actor. I know his character is supposed to be somewhat of a dolt, but the guy offers nothing except being good looking (75k).

He's pretty bad, just holds a pensive stare into the distance. Vince Vaughn has been pretty good. I like how he was introduced as former thug gone good, was generally likeable, and now is going back full thug.

The fight was pretty fucking stupid. If you think a mexican gang leader with fuck you gold teeth has the old school honor to submit after losing a fist fight, you're crazy.

At the most he gets assassinated, at the least he starts a crippling gang war.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I still don't know what I'm really watching. I know Colin Farell is an alcoholic, Taylor Kitsch likes dudes and chicks, Vince Vaugn can't get a boner, and Rachel McAdams is kinky. I think they are working on a case?

He wants to like chicks but he doesn't. He likes dudes and he hates himself for it.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Dardanus said:

I still don't know what I'm really watching. I know Colin Farell is an alcoholic, Taylor Kitsch likes dudes and chicks, Vince Vaugn can't get a boner, and Rachel McAdams is kinky. I think they are working on a case?

He wants to like chicks but he doesn't. He likes dudes and he hates himself for it.
    So what you're saying is, he lacks #Courage.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,968
    edited July 2015
    Fuck me for admitting I watched the first part of the ESPY's but Rachel McAdam's plunging blazer gave me a side/underboob boner.

• Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

What a fucking disappointment this season has been so far. I'm trying to figure out if this was season 1 would they have green-lit a season 2.

They blow up half the block, kill a bunch of random mexicans (who kill a bunch of random civilians), and then they continue the story next episode 2 months later? Everyone has been relegated to a shitty job, how sad.

I literally give zero fucks about what's at stake in this story. Corrupt politicians are corrupt, ok. Spoiled wannabe gangster pimp mayor's son is running girls with some random russian mobster from the opulent geico commercials. Vince Vaughn's shady henchman and rick springfield like to kick it with them too.

Meanwhile Tim Riggins' cliche whore mother jacked his 20k in hazard pay because Riggins is as dumb as he looks and hid it in a locker in her winnebago instead of putting it in a lockbox. He's also really mad that he is gay, which is important because it's not.

McAdams better get naked soon, her dragging her ex-whore sister back into the life she just left for college is going to get her killed next episode. Then McAdams, ovaries swelling, will get Pat Hill tuff and crack the case as all the feminists cry up to their moms with pride.

Vince Vaughn had some really shitty lines in this one, nobody gives a fuck he is shooting blanks into a barren redhead. I guess it humanizes him or something. Ray is the only interesting character left. The twist about the rapist was 90% expected after the looks Vaughn gave his henchman the very first time they met in episode 1. Does it really mean anything beyond Ray beating the shit out of Vince Vaughn and going even more rogue?

I'll still finish the season bc there is nothing else to do in Mom's basement, but it gets zero more slack. Maybe it will be the reverse of season 1 and finish strong, but i can't imagine anything outside of a jagged flint mudslide over Vinci having any impact. Shit shit story.

yeah, I can't really figure out a point beyond "people are fucked up, let's have a bunch of cliche fucked up in the head people interact." The storyline is far from compelling.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,770
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think this season is far better than the first. I think Rachel McAdams is way over rated as an actress and for hotness
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Crazy psycho religious killings > corrupt politician/JV mob types shady land deals
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2015

I think this season is far better than the first. I think Rachel McAdams is way over rated as an actress and for hotness

People fail to realize that 95% of actresses aren't all that hot. Many are attractive and definitely fuckable, but you can go anywhere that isn't dirt poor from LA to San Diego and see women everyday much hotter. I'm not trying to be facetious, but if I saw Rachel McAdams look-a-like at a bar I wouldn't think anything of it.

The reason you can't have the actresses be too hot is because they want women to like them. So actresses like McAdams, Aniston, Bullock, etc are the most famous because of this reason. They are white and pleasant looking but not too hot.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

People fail to realize that 95% of actresses aren't all that hot. Many are attractive and definitely fuckable, but you can go anywhere that isn't dirt poor from LA to San Diego and see women everyday much hotter. I'm not trying to be facetious, but if I saw Rachel McAdams look-a-like at a bar I wouldn't think anything of it.

The reason you can't have the actresses be too hot is because they want women to like them. So actresses like McAdams, Aniston, Bullock, etc are the most famous because of this reason. They are white and pleasant looking but not too hot.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Diving deep into psychoesteem chick babble.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,282
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

There's Kate Beckinsale, then everybody else. HTH
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I can't take Vince Vaughn seriously, so it's pretty much ruined this season for me. The only role he played that was semi-serious, which was fucking awesome, was in Clay Pigeons. That movie rocked. I just don't think he's that talented of an actor. He's hilarious, but no Marlon Brando.

Rachel McAdams is not bringing much to the table in this. I thought she would be better. This role just doesn't seem right for her, similar to Vaughn.

In short, so far this season has been shit compared to Season 1.

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

I can't take Vince Vaughn seriously, so it's pretty much ruined this season for me. The only role he played that was semi-serious, which was fucking awesome, was in Clay Pigeons. That movie rocked. I just don't think he's that talented of an actor. He's hilarious, but no Marlon Brando.

Rachel McAdams is not bringing much to the table in this. I thought she would be better. This role just doesn't seem right for her, similar to Vaughn.

In short, so far this season has been shit compared to Season 1.

Return to Paradise was pretty awesome.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Season 1 takes a royal shit on this season. I've tried to like it so far but I'm kidding myself trying to. I will finish it as well but it really has been a lackluster annoying season.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,968

Season 1 takes a royal shit on this season. I've tried to like it so far but I'm kidding myself trying to. I will finish it as well but it really has been a lackluster annoying season.

I'm switching shows and holding out for Katie Holmes titty fucking Ray Donovan.

• Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If anyone is still interested, here is a Tequilla-long article about the most recent episode of True Detective. It catches us up from earlier, recaps the current episode, and then goes into analysis and speculation.

There is a lot of detail in this season. While there is plenty to criticize, the mystery itself is pretty good.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/28/9027455/true-detective-season-2-episode-6-explain-details-characters-plot-help-recap-party