Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

True Detective: Season 2

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2015
    2nd episode better than the first. Did not see the main cop getting aced so early. Moar tits would be nice.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,860
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

2nd episode better than the first. Did not see the main cop getting aced so early. Moar tits would be nice.mandatory.

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2015
    I don't know much about weaponry, but would it even be possible to survive a blast from that close with Rock Salt? Even if that's the case, whatever can be assumed the bullets were, the initial shot had enough force to slam him into the wall from across the room. A second blast from six inches away has to be fatal.

Only thing that bodes well for his survival was the lack of blood from either blast, but still.

Ray's character has been the most interesting with Frank a close second, just curious to off him so quickly.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I don't know much about weaponry, but would it even be possible to survive a blast from that close with Rock Salt? Even if that's the case, whatever can be assumed the bullets were, the initial shot had enough force to slam him into the wall from across the room. A second blast from six inches away has to be fatal.

Only thing that bodes well for his survival was the lack of blood from either blast, but still.

Ray's character has been the most interesting with Frank a close second, just curious to off him so quickly.

Haven't started watching it yet asshole.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Lol at RoadAutismDawg.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2015

Doogles said:

Haven't started watching it yet asshole.
    Then why the fuck did you click on the season 2 thread?
    Because I'm an idiot. I like reading the opinions of the show. I also didn't think anything big would happen right away. Hopefully I get high enough before watching that I forget.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    This thread delivered.

Thanks RoadDawg.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've watched the first two episodes and think this season has been really good so far. The criticisms of the pilot are off base to me. Some people have too high of expectations. LIPO.
  • Options
    Thank Allah that Ray Donavan and copious amounts of tits start this week.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ray Donovan sucks.
  • Options

Ray Donovan sucks.
    No, generally Ray Donovan gets sucked off.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Great shoot-out scene tonight.

Tim Riggins as a homo seems kinda lazy writing at this point. It needs something more behind it.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Enough of this monkeyfuck.

Good ep.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm entertained by this season. Not as much as last season, but I find myself enjoying the plot. My biggest gripe is the directing. It fucking sucks. Every few minutes I'm reminded that the guy behind the camera is the director from The Fags and the Furious.

The shootout, while cool looking, felt totally out of place as well, especially with the noir-style of the storytelling. Clearly the skinhead Mexican guy is a red herring and everyone knows that (his character was introduced like 4 minutes before the shootout) so having that brutal, climactic scene midway through the season just makes me think they said "hey, last season we had a couple really cool action scenes in the middle. Let's do it again." The random picketers getting shot also made it seem comical. And of course we end with the Fags and Furious directing of all the main characters crouching and breathing heavily while the camera pans around them Avengers style.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I am coming around to this season. The thought of Rachel McAdams going ATM makes me happy. I like all the cop stuff so far, and Colin is doing a bang up job, but whenever I see Vince Vaughn I sort of lose my partial. He just seems miscast or some shit. Dunno. But moar tits please.