Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nik Little (WR, Golden West College) to UW

Comments

• Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Didn't watch the film, but he looks like a possession receiver to me, good hands, blocks well, deceptive speed..
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I understand that we are depleted at WR, but why waste rides on kids who suck? I haven't watched the film, but I believe Dennis and the others. Let's be real, JC guys aren't available in June if they are any good. Same goes for the QB. I would rather just sign more players for the 16' class.

The only thing saving me from straight out suicide in reaction to this news is that... if I know this and you know this ("JC guys aren't available in June if they are any good"), then Pete must know this, right?

There are two theories at tension in my mind here:

1) Pete knows what he's doing and has been proven to evaluate/develop talent.
    2) Human hubris knows no bounds and they are overconfident and convincing themselves they are doing something that is innovative or clever when they are really just being stupid.

I can't tell. But—on the info I have to go with (the film and the JC in the summer thing)—this guy is horrible.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,448
    Yeah, after looking into it a bit more, he was injured for most of his sophomore year and only played in 2 games. The highlight video in the OP is from his freshman year, and his film from the sophomore year looks somewhat better. For those curious:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/218792/highlights/168005894/v2
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/218792/highlights/163780763/v2

---

I understand that we are depleted at WR, but why waste rides on kids who suck? I haven't watched the film, but I believe Dennis and the others. Let's be real, JC guys aren't available in June if they are any good. Same goes for the QB. I would rather just sign more players for the 16' class.

I understand what you mean, finding WRs with higher talent levels and 5 years to play 4, but the Little will be playing this fall whereas '16 kids are still a year away. The point of taking these JUCOs now is that they'll be playing this year. And if he's only here for 2 years, then he frees up a scholarship for '17, so it's not like he's taking up too much space right now.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Put 20 pounds on him and make him a TE
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HuskyInAZ said:

Swaye said:

A Columbian, an Asian, and now a slow non-descript white guy. It's over.

What do you have against Mesicans?
    Nothing. Messicans are half me. The bad half, but still.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    Standard Supporter
    Gotta love attention to punctuation, it can save lives:

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I read that he was projected to be one of the top JC WRs in the country before getting hurt. He'll be used in redzone situations as an extra body.

Also, Claypool ain't coming here. He's as far as an Oregon lean as you can get without being a commit
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I gotta trust the coaches vs. trying to score pay dirt with Kyle Lewis (remember him?), Taylor Hindy, or Matthew Lyons, or Brett Williams, or....

Plus, what if Lenius gets hurt? We have no WR's over 6'1 besides him (Renfro is listed at 6'1 and 6'2 but I tend to go with the lower heights). I see this is as a depth move (like Tony Rodriguez) where there really no downside (3 years to play 2 they could be considered either part of the 2012 class or 2013 class).

13 guys (not including Miles) from the 2012 class are no longer on the roster and 6 guys are already gone from the 2013 class so it's not the worse thing in the world to bring in guys with experience to create more veteran depth for 2015.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The season was already over.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Depth can sometimes be the difference between going 6-6 (give or take a win) and going 4-8. With Ross now sitting out the year and assuming Miles is a goner, WR and QB is where the Huskies have the youngest depth for 2015.

• Options
    HFNY said:

Depth can sometimes be the difference between going 6-6 (give or take a win) and going 4-8. With Ross now sitting out the year and assuming Miles is a goner, WR and QB is where the Huskies have the youngest depth for 2015.

It's also worth noting that the incoming WRs might not be ready to play this year. Keep in mind that playing WR is more than catching the ball, but also blocking and not getting killed after catching the ball in the middle of the field. Looking at weights alone, our 4 freshmen WRs arriving this fall are 165 (Baccellia), 166 (Pounds), 180 (McClatcher), and 185 (Renfro).
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    HFNY said:

Flagged for implying that the season isn't over at 6-6
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Uh, that was my way of agreeing with him. 4-8 is a dumpster fire and 6-6 isn't much better so how did you arrive at thinking that I was saying it's going to be a kick ass 2015(!!!!)?

HFNY said:

Flagged for implying that the season isn't over at 6-6
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    wow he has the slowest get off I have ever seen with absolutely zero wiggle. Every ball caught is wildly contested. Im sure he has good hands and all but he will never be open. I really hope he is a walk-on. But if we are bashing the kids Im out
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    This will give us a 5 wide set of:

6'5" Lenius
    6'4" Perkins
    6'4" Daniels
    6'5" Nik Little
    6'5" Ajamu

Cover that in 1-1 coverage, you Pac-12 midget CBs!!!1!!@!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!
    Penace said:

wow he has the slowest get off I have ever seen with absolutely zero wiggle. Every ball caught is wildly contested. Im sure he has good hands and all but he will never be open. I really hope he is a walk-on. But if we are bashing the kids Im out

• Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    HFNY said:

This will give us a 5 wide set of:

6'5" Lenius
    6'4" Perkins
    6'4" Daniels
    6'5" Nik Little
    6'5" Ajamu

Cover that in 1-1 coverage, you Pac-12 midget CBs!!!1!!@!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!

Penace said:

Won't Smith have Mickens out there to have Jeff Carta-BrowningRodriguez throw the bubble screen to?