Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nik Little (WR, Golden West College) to UW

Heard it here first.

Not sure if he will enroll for fall, but I think he will. 6'5" 220lbs. Think he might be a TE for UW.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/218792/highlights/73433393/v2

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2015
    Hmmm... looks like a bag of fish guts. In a bad way.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Should have also said I'd guess he is a walk on.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    We just got another walk-on TE who played basketball for Gonzaga the last 2 years. Apparently this is who we traded NWG for.

Surprised that they are taking a bunch of TEs. That seems to be one of the deeper positions, talent-wise, on the roster
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,448
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Seems UW had a satellite camp at Golden West. I guess the coaches met with him, liked what they saw, and are offering him a spot to walk on. Seems he has 3 years to play 2?

Dunno how he'll develop, but it doesn't seem like he'll make an immediate impact in 2015.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    It's "being reported" that he'll be on scholarship.

Holy F.

Okay, so I watched his film again. He looks like a slow, incapable, unremarkable, poor man's Josh Perkins.

God only know what we're doing with him. Yikes.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club

Goddamn son, get your W straight!

can't expect much from someone who wears number 12 in seattle
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

Palms out dub has done it again!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm taking deyoungs word on it and not watching the film, but these are the kind of guys that will be interesting to see after 3 years what their development is under Petersen. I have to believe he has a plan and so far treats every scholarship special, so this one will be on coach.

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    He is slow. Good Gawd
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So I had to watch because the reactions on here are so poor.

I don't think he is shit. I can see why Pete offered him. He seems to have great hands in traffic (highlight film, duh) but mainly he looks to know how to use his frame to block out smaller dbs while maintaining enough awareness and control to stay in play.

In a lot of ways he looks like a poor man's Kasen. He injures a dB on a Crack back block and also attempts to jump over a guy at one point. He's the kind of player that will be more open than he appears because of his ability to win the jump ball.

Now whether he has a QB that will trust him enough to make those throws is the real question. We all know Kasen didn't.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

I don't think he is shit. I can see why Pete offered him. He seems to have great hands in traffic (highlight film, duh) but mainly he looks to know how to use his frame to block out smaller dbs while maintaining enough awareness and control to stay in play.

In a lot of ways he looks like a poor man's Kasen. He injures a dB on a Crack back block and also attempts to jump over a guy at one point. He's the kind of player that will be more open than he appears because of his ability to win the jump ball.

Now whether he has a QB that will trust him enough to make those throws is the real question. We all know Kasen didn't.

Poor man's Josh Perkins. Not Kasen.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Poor man's Josh Perkins. Not Kasen.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still underwhelmed with the offer, but that straight armed lumbering long stride looked awfully familiar.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Does this possibly mean we aren't going to get Chase Claypool or is it likely that it's unrelated?
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    My first though was maybe a conversion to DE or TE but he really doesn't look naturally quick enough to play those positions either...
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,448
    Sounds like the kid did well as a freshman and then missed most of his sophomore year with an injury.

I'm still not impressed with his film, but considering that we have 4 scholarship WRs on the team right now, I guess it isn't a bad option to pick up another WR for 2 years or so. At the very least, he'll create some match-up problems for 5'10" DBs and catch some passes, even if he the slowest one out there.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

A Columbian, an Asian, and now a slow non-descript white guy. It's over.

What do you have against Mesicans?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    brchco12 said:

can't expect much from someone who wears number 12 in seattle
    Maybe they're bringing him in to bait Miley into going out in a final blaze of glory.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I understand that we are depleted at WR, but why waste rides on kids who suck? I haven't watched the film, but I believe Dennis and the others. Let's be real, JC guys aren't available in June if they are any good. Same goes for the QB. I would rather just sign more players for the 16' class.