Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW Signs JC QB out of CC of San Fransisco

Comments

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

His film looks awful.

His mechanics are totally fucked. Weak arm strength too.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Doogles said:

Rodgers went to Butte College by Chico which isn't really close to Tahoe. But still.

It's close enough. It's all crap up past Sacramento any way. Shut it, dingles.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    On film his balls float like fucking balloons, but when you only have 3 qbs coming into fall. one of which is a true frosh it makes sense to bring in a body. Make no mistake thats all the mexican is. Lets hope he is a great teammate and practices hard I guess. It should at least make it pretty official that Browning will RS and thats a good thing.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

+ if he can play TE
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    He is super skinny and slow. He does have some agility and appears to have more football instincts tha Lindy or Magna-Carta. His throws were lifted with the exception of a couple shorter ones he fired into tight windows.

Of course this is all against juco competition.

I was so unimpressed with what I saw last spring that I wouldn't rule him out ... On some of his film he reminded me of Keith Price...

Obviously this allows Drowning to redshirt.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

He is super skinny and slow. He does have some agility and appears to have more football instincts tha Lindy or Magna-Carta. His throws were lifted with the exception of a couple shorter ones he fired into tight windows.

Of course this is all against juco competition.

I was so unimpressed with what I saw last spring that I wouldn't rule him out ... On some of his film he reminded me of Keith Price...

Obviously this allows Drowning to redshirt.

Thank you for this material.

*gurgle*
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Reminds me of mark Sanchez.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A Tom Flores type?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

JCKevin is your source?

ROTNAH

JCDuck

Get your shit straight fucko

JCDuck offered to exchange phone numbers with me once apparently to take the gloves off at a 7-11 ... or so the story goes. Maybe I'll go find the emails and post them.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At least he plays like he knows what he's doing.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I'm only interested if he throws with his eyes closed.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Bingo all around.

We get a #3 QB who has a slight chance of winning the starting job...it would be awful if JL and Magna Carta went down and the staff is forced to burn Browning's redshirt.

As for his highlights, I'm not as down on him as others. It looks like he has good pocket awareness and can avoid the rush. He throws well on the run (at about the 45 second mark, he rolls to his right and throws it over 40 yards for a TD)...no way Miles could make that throw with his noodle arm.

So we get QB depth and another arm for fall ball and he will get a degree from a good University.

So that gives us 4 QBs for Fall Camp and another option to preserve Browning redshirt this year in case Lindquist and KJCS get injured.

I'm trying to read the tea leaves on this one, and I am guessing we probably won't go after any other QBs than the ones we've already offered. Many of the QBs we've been recruiting have already committed, so if we don't bring in Eason, Gilliam, or Streling-Cole, I doubt we'll have a QB in this class.

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,448
    edited June 2015
    HFNY said:

So that gives us 4 QBs for Fall Camp and another option to preserve Browning redshirt this year in case Lindquist and KJCS get injured.

I'm trying to read the tea leaves on this one, and I am guessing we probably won't go after any other QBs than the ones we've already offered. Many of the QBs we've been recruiting have already committed, so if we don't bring in Eason, Gilliam, or Streling-Cole, I doubt we'll have a QB in this class.

Bingo all around.

We get a #3 QB who has a slight chance of winning the starting job...it would be awful if JL and Magna Carta went down and the staff is forced to burn Browning's redshirt.

As for his highlights, I'm not as down on him as others. It looks like he has good pocket awareness and can avoid the rush. He throws well on the run (at about the 45 second mark, he rolls to his right and throws it over 40 yards for a TD)...no way Miles could make that throw with his noodle arm.

So we get QB depth and another arm for fall ball and he will get a degree from a good University.
    I can understand why so many are down on him because his passes float and that won't float in the Pac-12. Against better competition, which is pretty much everyone we play this year beside Wazzu, those passes will be batted away or worse. He does have a season under his belt at the college level but I expect him to struggle against better competition like we saw with Browning in spring. Rodriguez needs to be coached up before he can play at the Pac-12 level, but putting him out there is better than burning Browning's redshirt this year. He also has 3 years to play 2, so he should be able to redshirt, work on his mechanics, build up some strength, and provide necessary depth in 2016 and 2017.

It's not a bad idea, especially if Petersen likes him over offering another QB this late into the cycle, and he can contribute right away this year if it's needed.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2015
    I feel like I'm reading a scouting report of Bill Musgrave

Also am now wondering which QB transferred out or had a season ending injury
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    New thought. Maybe Pete has finally green-lit a more QB run heavy offense with Lindquist and Kijana Carter and this is clearly a preserve Browning red shirt move to account for the probability 1 of them goes down for a period of time.

My sweatpants might explode if we come out in the wing t with Daniels as the Hback.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Whatever. It adds competition to a position that totally needs it.