Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW Signs JC QB out of CC of San Fransisco

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    WTF, you have to be kidding...Miles' throwing motion is one of the absolute worst I've ever seen, even worse than Casey Paus'.

Cyler has a better throwing motion, seriously what the fuck

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    I only saw a few throws that floated with no purpose but some of his floaters were because he had to drop the ball in over a defender's head / arms. By no means does he have a strong arm but it looks decent enough to me.

What is fixable is how low he holds the ball before he throwing which slows his release time. If he gets some snaps at the Pac-12 level, he won't be able to get away with that, especially since he doesn't have plus arm-strength. Also holding the ball that low leads to more fumbles because it's easier for rushers to strip it down at his numbers rather than up closer to his right shoulder / ear.

Though the music is terrible, this guy puts a clinic on in terms of how to hold the football and deliver it quickly:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=65MpgO4hGFc

HFNY said:

So that gives us 4 QBs for Fall Camp and another option to preserve Browning redshirt this year in case Lindquist and KJCS get injured.

I'm trying to read the tea leaves on this one, and I am guessing we probably won't go after any other QBs than the ones we've already offered. Many of the QBs we've been recruiting have already committed, so if we don't bring in Eason, Gilliam, or Streling-Cole, I doubt we'll have a QB in this class.

Bingo all around.

We get a #3 QB who has a slight chance of winning the starting job...it would be awful if JL and Magna Carta went down and the staff is forced to burn Browning's redshirt.

As for his highlights, I'm not as down on him as others. It looks like he has good pocket awareness and can avoid the rush. He throws well on the run (at about the 45 second mark, he rolls to his right and throws it over 40 yards for a TD)...no way Miles could make that throw with his noodle arm.

So we get QB depth and another arm for fall ball and he will get a degree from a good University.
    I can understand why so many are down on him because his passes float and that won't float in the Pac-12. Against better competition, which is pretty much everyone we play this year beside Wazzu, those passes will be batted away or worse. He does have a season under his belt at the college level but I expect him to struggle against better competition like we saw with Browning in spring. Rodriguez needs to be coached up before he can play at the Pac-12 level, but putting him out there is better than burning Browning's redshirt this year. He also has 3 years to play 2, so he should be able to redshirt, work on his mechanics, build up some strength, and provide necessary depth in 2016 and 2017.

It's not a bad idea, especially if Petersen likes him over offering another QB this late into the cycle, and he can contribute right away this year if it's needed.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

WTF, you have to be kidding...Miles' throwing motion is one of the absolute worst I've ever seen, even worse than Casey Paus'.

Which mean this guys throwing motion is pretty fucking horrible. I promise you, Milley looked better in high school, in all star games and qb camps.

Are you really arguing who is worse? They both fucking suck. It's like arguing who was worse, 1-11 Stanford or 0-12 Washington

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Just saw the film of the kid. Good god.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2015
    Miles' and Paus' throwing motions made me want to vomit. This guy doesn't look like the second coming of JUCO Aaron Rodgers but I can at least keep my food down watching his JC Video. Hopefully he never sees the field and is the #3 QB this year and then the #4 QB next year after Browning takes off his RS.

Regardless, I did notice that one of his OL (#77) looked to be a better D-1 prospect. I looked him up and it hurt even more to know where he signed since his new HC should've been our HC after Lambo was canned:

sports.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Malik-Cuellar-159770

HFNY said:

Which mean this guys throwing motion is pretty fucking horrible. I promise you, Milley looked better in high school, in all star games and qb camps.

Are you really arguing who is worse? They both fucking suck. It's like arguing who was worse, 1-11 Stanford or 0-12 Washington

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    HFNY said:

Miles' and Paus' throwing motions made me want to vomit. This guy doesn't look like the second coming of JUCO Aaron Rodgers but I can at least keep my food down watching his JC Video. Hopefully he never sees the field and is the #3 QB this year and then the #4 QB next year after Browning takes off his RS.

Regardless, I did notice that one of his OL (#77) looked to be a better D-1 prospect. I looked him up and it hurt even more to know where he signed since his new HC should've been our HC after Lambo was canned:

HFNY said:

Take this shit to the Bleenor bored where it belongs.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Seriously guys cut out the racist crap. Parents of the recruits read these boreds.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    HFNY said:

HFNY said:

If he plays in one game, we are fucked.

• Options

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

Pretty sure Paus was a 4 star, I remember him being in the 60s or 70s nationally, but regardless, he sucked ass.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    dnc said:

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

Pretty sure Paus was a 4 star, I remember him being in the 60s or 70s nationally, but regardless, he sucked ass.
    "Paus was a highly-decorated high school quarterback, leading his team to a 12–1 record and a No. 3 state ranking in his senior year. Paus posted a 42–2 career record and finished career with 5,734 yards passing and 51 TDs. Paus was ranked sixth in the nation at QB by Rivals.com

Casey Paus was a consensus five star recruit from Michigan who was all set to continue the lineage of great UW quarterbacks over the past ..."

Paus was a 5 star, Miley was a high 4 star, this dreckfest QB space filler was not rated...NY is Doogin
  • Options

dnc said:

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

"Paus was a highly-decorated high school quarterback, leading his team to a 12–1 record and a No. 3 state ranking in his senior year. Paus posted a 42–2 career record and finished career with 5,734 yards passing and 51 TDs. Paus was ranked sixth in the nation at QB by Rivals.com

Casey Paus was a consensus five star recruit from Michigan who was all set to continue the lineage of great UW quarterbacks over the past ..."

Paus was a 5 star, Miley was a high 4 star, this dreckfest QB space filler was not rated...NY is Doogin
    Thanks for proving my poont. He was the #6 QB in the nation.

Number of Rivals five star QBs the last 10 years

2015 - 1
    2014 - 2
    2013 - 2
    2012 - 2
    2011 - 0
    2010 - 0
    2009 - 3
    2008 - 3
    2007 - 4
    2006 - 3

There were not 6 5 star QB's in 2001.

Reggie and ET were the two 5 stars in that class. Paus was a high 4 star, I remember it well.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    dnc said:

dnc said:

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

Thanks for proving my poont. He was the #6 QB in the nation.

Number of Rivals five star QBs the last 10 years

2015 - 1
    2014 - 2
    2013 - 2
    2012 - 2
    2011 - 0
    2010 - 0
    2009 - 3
    2008 - 3
    2007 - 4
    2006 - 3

There were not 6 5 star QB's in 2001.

Reggie and ET were the two 5 stars in that class. Paus was a high 4 star, I remember it well.
    Dementia is a mother fucker, there were multiple 5 stars that year, Kai Ellis, Taylor Barton and Francisco Tipoti, were the others besides Paus

"The game started miserably for UW. For the second straight year, the Huskies spotted Oregon a double-digit lead. I’ll never forget the feeling in the student section – we wanted Cody Pickett out of the game. He was playing like garbage, despite the fact that he lead a 17-play, 83-yard touchdown drive to get the Dawgs within three, 10-7, at the half. We were clamoring for Casey Paus, the stud five-star recruit who was Pickett’s heir apparent."

"When Pickett began to struggle that year, the Husky faithful began to clamor for Paus and with good reason. Casey Paus was a consensus five star recruit from Michigan who was all set to continue the lineage of great UW quarterbacks over the past twelve years (Brunell, Hobert, Huard, Huard, Tuiasosopo and Pickett). Unfortunately, we all know how the Casey Paus saga actually turned out (ahem, 1-10 in 2004), but I digress.

The point is that there was an embarrassment of riches at the QB position in 2003, but that dried up very quickly. From Pickett, it went to Paus, then to the triumvirate of Stanback, Carl Bonnell and Johnny DuRocher, and then to Jake Locker. There was talent there, but not depth. Locker’s backup for three years two years was Ronnie Fouch. Yikes."
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    1. By no means have I been saying Rodriguez is anything more than a depth guy and to be the #3 QB so Browning to redshirt. So how does that qualify as Doogin'?

2. Do people really GAF about how a player was ranked in high school if they suck in college? Paus completed only 42.3% of his passes and had a 5 TD to 17 INT ratio in his season trying to be the starter. Around the same time, Aaron Rodgers didn't get any offers out of high school and then only had an offer from Cal coming out of JC. Do you think Cal fans cared that Rodgers wasn't a 5 star?

3. Did Husky fans GAF that Miley was a highly recruited 4 star QB when he was taken out at the end of halves and Lindquist went in since Miles didn't have the arm strength for hail-marys? How about when Miles was throwing the ball with his eyes closed or doing stupid things while averaging barely more than 2 yards per carry (with nearly 120 carries for the year)?

dnc said:

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

• Options
    HFNY said:

1. By no means have I been saying Rodriguez is anything more than a depth guy and to be the #3 QB so Browning to redshirt. So how does that qualify as Doogin'?

2. Do people really GAF about how a player was ranked in high school if they suck in college? Paus completed only 42.3% of his passes and had a 5 TD to 17 INT ratio in his season trying to be the starter. Around the same time, Aaron Rodgers didn't get any offers out of high school and then only had an offer from Cal coming out of JC. Do you think Cal fans cared that Rodgers wasn't a 5 star?

3. Did Husky fans GAF that Miley was a highly recruited 4 star QB when he was taken out at the end of halves and Lindquist went in since Miles didn't have the arm strength for hail-marys? How about when Miles was throwing the ball with his eyes closed or doing stupid things while averaging barely more than 2 yards per carry (with nearly 120 carries for the year)?

dnc said:

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

He sucks ass... end of fucking story
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    If I said he'll most likely never be more than the #3 QB, how do you interpret that as to me saying he's good?

2 things we definitely do know is that Casey Paus sucked major sphincter and Miley was nearly as bad.

HFNY said:

dnc said:

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

• Options
    edited June 2015
    HFNY said:

If I said he'll most likely never be more than the #3 QB, how do you interpret that as to me saying he's good?

2 things we definitely do know is that Casey Paus sucked major sphincter and Miley was nearly as bad.

HFNY said:

dnc said:

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

Why are you trying to tell us all how much better he looks than Miles, or Paus when both Miles and Paus were pursued by more programs, performed better in college? They were better Qb's and higher ranked coming out of high school.

FOR GOD SAKES He has a 58% completion rate in JUCO games..... Miles as shitty as he was started an entire season with a higher completion rate in the Pac 12 with a shitty line, Paus started games at UW. Most likely this guy will be lucky to start on the practice squad, if a walk on QB doesn't pass him by in the fall.

But Doog all you want, over a JUCO QB no one else wanted. I'm sure theres a Doogman podcast you can stroke one off to. If he's still on the team in 2 years, I will be shocked. He gives Browning a redshirt year, that's it. It also signals the end of Miles at UW, win win
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I didn't say how much better he looks than Miles or Paus, just that his throwing motion doesn't look as bad as either of theirs. Going back and looking at my post, it looks like 2 people agreed with me and you were the only one who didn't.

Regardless, why are you getting your panties in a bunch about a guy who will probably never be more than the #3 QB? His throwing motion may be better than Paus' and Miles' but his arm strength isn't good, he's pretty skinny, and he's not a 4.4 or 4.5 running QB either.

As others have said, he's a depth guy so that the staff can RS Browning if they want to...nothing more and nothing less.

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

dnc said:

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

Why are you trying to tell us all how much better he looks than Miles, or Paus when both Miles and Paus were pursued by more programs, performed better in college? They were better Qb's and higher ranked coming out of high school. FOR GOD SAKES He has a 58% completion rate in JUCO games..... Miles as shitty as he was started an entire season, Paus started games, this guys will be lucky to start on the practice squad, if a walk on QB doesn't pass him by in the fall.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

If Miles was still on the team he wouldn't be here

HTH