Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Leave it to Art Thiel (live on king5).

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Your right flea...my bad
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,107
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

1. Yesterday
    2. 1st Manning drive last years superbowl, then win
    3. '77-78 Supes victory
    4. James hoisting trophy
    5. Storm Title (for u J)
    6. Junior Griffey
    7. Weaz hoisting Rose Bowl trophy, dedicating it to C-Dub. (Most tear-jerking)

The Sonics finished second in 77-78.

Championship was 78-79 season.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Winning an MLB divisional series is always special...

At least the hawks are giving Seattle moments more recent than the early/mid 90's to remember. Aren't the Mariners one of two teams (one of which is less than 10 years old) to never make the series? The Astros have gone to the world series. The fucking Astros!!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I generally like Thiel (compare him to Jerry, Jerry) but yeah, he can be a pretentious douche. Yesterday was bigger than the ALDS.

The Moroners are a fucking joke. Take away 1995-2003 and their record is really abysmal. I pretty much have the same attitude toward them as @PurpleBaze‌ has toward the Seahawks. The Jap owner needs to sell to an owner who gives a shit, and all their pussy marketing needs to diaff. I'll root for them but it would take 5-10 years of commitment and winning for them to win me back as a passionate fan.

The Mariners were a joke from 1995-2003 too.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Doogles said:

I know most of you here will throw acid on my face like a cheating Iranian whore for saying this, but that M's series was one of the biggest moments of my childhood. To that point I hadn't experienced anything like it.

The Double Choke is definitely a HUGE moment (i'm still trying to process how improbable), but I can't discount the impact that series and double had on me at that time. Griffey Sliding home and popping to his feet in celebration is an iconic clip replayed all the time nationally. It meant something.

I hope your two dads were jailed for child abuse.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    topdawgnc said:

My Seattle sports memories

1. The two point conversion
    2. The on side
    3. The Kearse catch
    4. Sherman tips the ball in last year's NFC championship game
    5. Super Mario doing the Heisman pose in the Rose Bowl
    6. Dana Hall doing the Heisman pose in Desmond's face after a pick

tightened up a bit
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Seattle buttfucking Denver was not a moment. It was a game. A cool result for a Seahawk fan but not a real climactic game nor did it have a single moment that I really remember.

The 1991 UW football season was just that...a season. It wasn't a moment. There were some great moments to consider. Beno going to the house against Cal and/or USC might make my list of five in fact I'm almost sure one of them would.

Lynch's "beast mode" run should be on a lot of lists. It might make mine.

The 1995 playoff series with the Yanks had a lot of memorable moments and might have been one of the most entertaining baseball series ever played. That double was the crowning moment to an already intense series and game. I don't see the need to tear it down, even if it was ultimately fairly meaningless with the way they fell flat in the ALCS.

That Seahawk game yesterday definitely has one or two plays that would make the list. I won't argue that. I'm only a casual fan of the Hawks and the NFL but I came out of my chair a couple of times.

Ummmmmmmm, the Hawks played a full season before the "butt fucking of Denver."

Just sayin'
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Vegasdawg said:

Fuck Thiel, he is as relevant as the drunk at the end of the bar mumbling nonsense during the game.

The fuck @MikeDamone‌ have to do with this?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    topdawgnc said:

Vegasdawg said:

Fuck Thiel, he is as relevant as the drunk at the end of the bar mumbling nonsense during the game.

The fuck @MikeDamone‌ have to do with this?
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,419
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    topdawgnc said:

My Seattle sports memories

1. The two point conversion
    2. The on side
    3. The Kearse catch
    4. Sherman tips the ball in last year's NFC championship game
    5. Super Mario doing the Heisman pose in the Rose Bowl
    6. Edgar's double

Which Kearse catch? He's caught the go-ahead/game winning TD in consecutive NFC Championship games. FTW.

• Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    George Kenneth Griffey Junior does have the same first and middle names as his father.

Art Thiel is annoying. He is also 8 feet tall.

Michael Jackson's son Prince, is actually Michael Joseph Jackson Junior.

His son Blanket, is actually named Prince.

I cannot wait until the alternate spreads come out so I can pound the Seahawks up to -13.5.

Eli Manning's name is Elisha.
  • Options
    ScroteDawgScroteDawg Member Posts: 238
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    MadHusky said:

Little known fact:

Ken L. Griffey is not a true junior since his dad has a different middle name

Well played, sir. At first, I was thinking "This guy is a fucktard. Both Griffeys are named George Kenneth", and then I realized that I was the fucktard.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I know most of you here will throw acid on my face like a cheating Iranian whore for saying this, but that M's series was one of the biggest moments of my childhood. To that point I hadn't experienced anything like it.

The Double Choke is definitely a HUGE moment (i'm still trying to process how improbable), but I can't discount the impact that series and double had on me at that time. Griffey Sliding home and popping to his feet in celebration is an iconic clip replayed all the time nationally. It meant something.

Agree
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This cant go on
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    First of all, the implosion of the Kingdome should be on any list of greatest singular moments.

Second, the greatest moment will be when when the Mariners are gone and this Seattle no longer has a baseball team.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

First of all, the implosion of the Kingdome should be on any list of greatest singular moments.

Second, the greatest moment will be when when the Mariners are gone and this Seattle no longer has a baseball team.

Seattle has a baseball team?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    topdawgnc said:

Seattle has a baseball team?
    Your eyes are as good as mine.