Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why do worthless millenials expect government

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Because you had parents to pay your tuition perhaps, and there were jobs to be had for parents to afford tuition. Blame Obama and dem policies absolutely for the current climate.

But Race, tuition has risen steadily for decades (and always exponentially higher than the inflation rate., kids have taken loans for decades (except kids with rich parents) and only recently is their attention being brought to it at this level by millenials, like its unfair and new to them .

There are many factors that contribute but some things never change, like governmental factors, the state of the economy, socioeconomic, geographic whatever excuse you want to use...but student loan debt is student loan debt. It is a product of effort, proper decision making, proper financial planning, etc. No different than every other generation and the costs of college. Feeling entitled and banking on government is millenial driven, and different than all other generations given essentially the same conditions, good or bad!

Either this is a huge whoosh (a lame one at that) or you are just fucktarded.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Because you had parents to pay your tuition perhaps, and there were jobs to be had for parents to afford tuition. Blame Obama and dem policies absolutely for the current climate.

But Race, tuition has risen steadily for decades (and always exponentially higher than the inflation rate., kids have taken loans for decades (except kids with rich parents) and only recently is their attention being brought to it at this level by millenials, like its unfair and new to them .

There are many factors that contribute but some things never change, like governmental factors, the state of the economy, socioeconomic, geographic whatever excuse you want to use...but student loan debt is student loan debt. It is a product of effort, proper decision making, proper financial planning, etc. No different than every other generation and the costs of college. Feeling entitled and banking on government is millenial driven, and different than all other generations given essentially the same conditions, good or bad!

That's the whole point, you retard. It IS different, despite your wannabe get off my lawn agenda.

You made a decent point mentioning the value of non-college work (trades, etc). The world needs ditch diggers like you too.

But then you ruined the closest thing to a good post you're ever made by going on some old fuck "talkin' bout my generation" rant based on zero factual information.

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

Although entertaining, you have really taken your insanity to a new level on this one.

I went to UW in the late 1980s. I paid less than $1,500/year for tuition. Today, it's around $12,000/year for tuition. Unless inflation has been around 9% each year for the past 25 years, show me how to bridge that gap.

To give you a head start, inflation has averaged 2.8% since the late 80's. Based on that FACT, if tuition followed inflation, annual tuition at UW would be about $3,000/year.

Despite the FACT that these FACTS don't line up with what your meds are telling you, our younger generation is getting screwed.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I paid my own way since I had a single mom. I did get to live in her basement though
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2014

HuskyInAZ said:

This may be the dumbest post I've read on this site.

Tell me, PL_SS, what did you pay for tuition when you were in school (assuming you are a UW grad)? My guess it's somewhere around 10% (or less) of what tuition is today. Apples and oranges.

Take your meds. Or not. I really don't care.

AZ clear you didnt study economics. Ever hear of inflation and relative value of the dollar? Quick lesson...there have always been tuition hikes. I had to deal with that too and I MADE LESS MONEY then as the real d o llar was lower then, but relative to the real dollar now. NOT APPLES ORANGES dumbfuck.
    LOL.

Inflation does not explain the trend of tuition hikes relative to income.

It's obvious to everyone here that you are talking out of your ass and don't have a fucking clue.

If you wanna mock Millennials, I'm all for it. But you can't even get the basic facts straight.
    Doogs hate facts.
    PLSS is making a serious run at the King of the Doogs title.
    Freemonty can you just participate in ONE FUCKING CONVERSATION based on the topic? Do you not have anything to say?

Ive been squashing your cunt on every topic and you have no pertinent replys, not 1, in your 3 months at HHB. Get involved, its catching on. I wont e x pect much though. I squashed you into oblivion at dawgman, did you expect it to be different here? You're kind of dawgman material, maybe you should spend a liitle more time there and less here perhaps?
    I just destroyed you on this topic. And every topic before this one.

You never "squashed me into oblivion at dawgman" because unlike your stupid ass, I never paid to be part of that loser club. I was busy cybering Harvey Road while you were tonging Kim and Sark's assholes.

You are the king doog. Congrats.

Now go light yourself on fire and jump off the Aurora Bridge.
    Destroyed me on what? Never happened never will gaybobber.. As for the rest I cant believe this semen drips out of an adults mouth. Good God you are a child. Youve never argued a point to anyone on these forums, including dawgman. Sheesh
  • Options

HuskyInAZ said:

This may be the dumbest post I've read on this site.

Tell me, PL_SS, what did you pay for tuition when you were in school (assuming you are a UW grad)? My guess it's somewhere around 10% (or less) of what tuition is today. Apples and oranges.

Take your meds. Or not. I really don't care.

AZ clear you didnt study economics. Ever hear of inflation and relative value of the dollar? Quick lesson...there have always been tuition hikes. I had to deal with that too and I MADE LESS MONEY then as the real d o llar was lower then, but relative to the real dollar now. NOT APPLES ORANGES dumbfuck.
    LOL.

Inflation does not explain the trend of tuition hikes relative to income.

It's obvious to everyone here that you are talking out of your ass and don't have a fucking clue.

If you wanna mock Millennials, I'm all for it. But you can't even get the basic facts straight.
    Doogs hate facts.
    PLSS is making a serious run at the King of the Doogs title.
    Freemonty can you just participate in ONE FUCKING CONVERSATION based on the topic? Do you not have anything to say?

Ive been squashing your cunt on every topic and you have no pertinent replys, not 1, in your 3 months at HHB. Get involved, its catching on. I wont e x pect much though. I squashed you into oblivion at dawgman, did you expect it to be different here? You're kind of dawgman material, maybe you should spend a liitle more time there and less here perhaps?
    I just destroyed you on this topic. And every topic before this one.

You never "squashed me into oblivion at dawgman" because unlike your stupid ass, I never paid to be part of that loser club. I was busy cybering Harvey Road while you were tonging Kim and Sark's assholes.

You are the king doog. Congrats.

Now go light yourself on fire and jump off the Aurora Bridge.
    Destroyed me on what? Never happened never will gaybobber.. As for the rest I cant believe this semen drips out of an adults mouth. Good God you are a child.
    You swallow the semen in your mouth?

Good for you.
  • Options
    You bury yourself deeper with each reply. Just about ready for an alaskan outhouse. Ill be throwing lime on your head soon enough, after a few of my finest foot long greazers
  • Options
    Oh shit, look at the alliteration. Hit google for the definition dummy.
  • Options

Oh shit, look at the alliteration. Hit google for the definition dummy.

Just remember, your contribution here is that costs of good go up every year. And that's called inflation. I need to take an economics class to know that.
  • Options

You bury yourself deeper with each reply. Just about ready for an alaskan outhouse. Ill be throwing lime on your head soon enough, after a few of my finest foot long greazers

I knew you wanted to fuck me, you cum guzzling queen.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

That's the whole point, you retard. It IS different, despite your wannabe get off my lawn agenda.

You made a decent point mentioning the value of non-college work (trades, etc). The world needs ditch diggers like you too.

But then you ruined the closest thing to a good post you're ever made by going on some old fuck "talkin' bout my generation" rant based on zero factual information.

"Puppy the ditch digger". Well done. That's right up there with "McGregor the goat fucker".
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trust me. I work my ass off. I understand what it takes to live in this world. My generation is getting absolutely screwed in tuition costs.

When you understand that the price value of going to an accredited university is declining because 95% of people out there are graduating off WikipediaU you'll have a better idea about how fucked the old boys concept of a college education truly is. Not to be the guy wearing the tinfoil hat, but something is going to give in the near future regarding the educational system.

The kids are getting smarter, information is increasingly available, anybody who has the "work ethic" you think is lacking in the youths of today will be able to achieve whatever they want.

At some point, the masses will say no.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Education is one of the biggest rackets in this country. The advantage of college is shrinking while the costs keep rising.
  • Options

I knew you wanted to fuck me, you cum guzzling queen.
    That "I know you want to #$&@ me" statement is just disgusting a n d creepy.. Seriously freehill, no straight dude would ever say that, even jokingly....keep away from me eeeeuuuu!
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Trust me. I work my ass off. I understand what it takes to live in this world. My generation is getting absolutely screwed in tuition costs.

When you understand that the price value of going to an accredited university is declining because 95% of people out there are graduating off WikipediaU you'll have a better idea about how fucked the old boys concept of a college education truly is. Not to be the guy wearing the tinfoil hat, but something is going to give in the near future regarding the educational system.

The kids are getting smarter, information is increasingly available, anybody who has the "work ethic" you think is lacking in the youths of today will be able to achieve whatever they want.

At some point, the masses will say no.

You made some great points snuggles, but I had to deal with degree saturation too, and any decent employer isnt going to hire a guy from university of pheonix or evergreen over a UW grad. But online universities, a number of them on the NYSE, are seen exactly for what they are ( a widget seller) not an accredited university.

But to an earlier point, here are where the trades cyclicly reappear. Union tradesmen make big bank, and they make it fast. Their retirement benefits are a perk, not a 401k match. Workers already own a house and make 6 figures where guys like Freemonty are running up student debt on an alternative-lifestyle studies degree.

A good summer job, saving money getting an AA at a CC, transferring to UW and paying for school on your own gets you a leg up on the student loan crowd. Dig ditches in a high paying union summer and vacation job. Work ethic ABSOLUTELY still pays dividends.

Work on your trade while in school, go to work in your trade after college while your degree materializes. That gives one a huge head start while the online-degreed boofallos scramble around, fighting for a $22k/year entry level job. Experience is valued in many different ways by employers.

oh, you are not getting screwed in tuition costs. No different than my day on a relative level. Get that out your head. I saw mindboggling tuition Increases too and the market was saturated with degrees as well, so the "price-value" wasnt much different 20 years ago..  
  • Options
    You mean costs of goods sold? WHAT are you trying to say Ex? What size and make 4-wheeler? Where do you live and ride?
  • Options

You mean costs of goods sold? WHAT are you trying to say Ex? What size and make 4-wheeler? Where do you live and ride?

My point exactly.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Yes, my post was Tequilla Long; Didn't Read.

EAFD. About twice a year the dumb drunk Injun has something to say. This was one of them.