Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tequilla's Thoughts - Final Four Oppression

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014

They didn't have a single win over a power 5 ooc opponent if I remember right. That's hard to do as a conference.

If Ohio st was Iowa this never would have happened. But they're not and a good Ohio state team does not get left out. If tcu were Texas or Oklahoma there is not a chance in hell they would have been overpasses. Same for Baylor.

All that being said you could make a case for each team and each team can blame themselves.

The Big 12 is also horrible. It's all splitting hairs. You can make a case for each team. IMO, the committee got it right.

Tequilla said:

The big 10 is a joke. They didn't have a single win over a power 5 ooc opponent if I remember right. That's hard to do as a conference.

If Ohio st was Iowa this never would have happened. But they're not and a good Ohio state team does not get left out. If tcu were Texas or Oklahoma there is not a chance in hell they would have been overpasses. Same for Baylor.

All that being said you could make a case for each team and each team can blame themselves.

The Big 12 is also horrible. It's all splitting hairs. You can make a case for each team. IMO, the committee got it right.
    If your opinion coincides with Butler Cabin's opinion (allegedly), then at minimum 81% of the time you should reconsider your opinion.
    Look in the official playoff thread. I paint a picture with facts. Texas- worst season since 2010. Before that, 1997. Oklahoma- Worst season since 2009. OK State- worst season since 2007. Iowa State has gone from a team capable of upsets to total disaster. Texas Tech has gone from above average to horrible. No standout non conference wins. It's not a good conference this year.
    It's debatable who is the better team between TCU/Baylor/Ohio State.

But anyone who tries to argue the Big10 isn't shittier than the Big12 is a certifiable Fucktard and probably should DIAFF or lock himself in SunnyDoogers basement rape pit.

Illinois managed to get bowl eligible in that league. Iowa State beat Iowa on the road. Utah gave Michigan a bigger beating than Ohio State. Northwestern beat Wisconsin but lost to Cal. There is no objective argument you can construct that doesn't have the Big10 the worst or 2nd worst conference (in front of ACC) in college football.
    They both suck. It's like picking the smarter retard. The only thing that makes the Big 12 better is they have less teams, so essentially they have less shitty teams.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    agree with the French duck
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2014

They didn't have a single win over a power 5 ooc opponent if I remember right. That's hard to do as a conference.

Tequilla said:

The big 10 is a joke. They didn't have a single win over a power 5 ooc opponent if I remember right. That's hard to do as a conference.

If your opinion coincides with Butler Cabin's opinion (allegedly), then at minimum 81% of the time you should reconsider your opinion.
    Look in the official playoff thread. I paint a picture with facts. Texas- worst season since 2010. Before that, 1997. Oklahoma- Worst season since 2009. OK State- worst season since 2007. Iowa State has gone from a team capable of upsets to total disaster. Texas Tech has gone from above average to horrible. No standout non conference wins. It's not a good conference this year.

But anyone who tries to argue the Big10 isn't shittier than the Big12 is a certifiable Fucktard and probably should DIAFF or lock himself in SunnyDoogers basement rape pit.

Illinois managed to get bowl eligible in that league. Iowa State beat Iowa on the road. Utah gave Michigan a bigger beating than Ohio State. Northwestern beat Wisconsin but lost to Cal. There is no objective argument you can construct that doesn't have the Big10 the worst or 2nd worst conference (in front of ACC) in college football.
    They both suck. It's like picking the smarter retard. The only thing that makes the Big 12 better is they have less teams, so essentially they have less shitty teams.
    That argument is pretty retarded. Assessing conference's based on the worst teams is like buying a house based on the best basement.

The Big10 was unanimously seen by national writers as the worst conference after a truly abysmal OOC showing. I think after this bowl season we will again hear the Big10 belly laughs. Looking at their top 5 bowl match ups (tOSU, MSU, Wisc, Minn, Neb) I think they will be dogs in all 5 games (maybe not Minnesota over Missourah). And i predict they will get blown out in 2 or 3, including Sark plundering Nebraska and Baylor running Sparty out of the stadium.
  • Options
    cesarchavezdawgcesarchavezdawg Member Posts: 19
    5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2014
    We need more intersectional games in September not fewer so Baylor has to be punished for their cynical scheduling.

Been waiting years for this.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    National writers? Ok.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    More dialed in than Doogs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

More dialed in than Doogs.

Disagree
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2014
    Tequilla said:

As someone whose family came from Michigan and roots for the Michigan schools to do well more often than not, you've got a better chance today of me saying that TCU isn't one of the 4 best teams in the country than putting the State after the Ohio.

Jesus fucking Christ! Pick a fucking school and root for it. What is this shit claiming UW, TCU and now fucking Michigan and Michigan State too.

Every time I think you couldn't possibly be more FS, you go out and prove me wrong

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm an alum of two of those schools fucktard - so fuck off
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I'm an alum of two of those schools fucktard - so fuck off

NOGAF
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I figured that TCU would get hosed. We now have a playoff system and it's rigged like the one it replaced.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Vegasdawg said:

I figured that TCU would get hosed. We now have a playoff system and it's rigged like the one it replaced.

But there are more teams!!!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014

Tequilla said:

That argument is pretty retarded. Assessing conference's based on the worst teams is like buying a house based on the best basement.

The Big10 was unanimously seen by national writers as the worst conference after a truly abysmal OOC showing. I think after this bowl season we will again hear the Big10 belly laughs. Looking at their top 5 bowl match ups (tOSU, MSU, Wisc, Minn, Neb) I think they will be dogs in all 5 games (maybe not Minnesota over Missourah). And i predict they will get blown out in 2 or 3, including Sark plundering Nebraska and Baylor running Sparty out of the stadium.
    The Big 10 sucks. I completely agree. That said, Ohio State and Michigan State very well could be better than TCU and Baylor. Michigan State's only two losses are to playoff teams. I'm glad Sparty gets to face Baylor and we can find out.

Both conferences have two really good teams, a couple decent teams, and the rest are very average or dreck. Their top 5 teams are pretty comparable. The Big 10 has more really shitty teams though, which is the main difference.
  • Options
    when the top 5 big 10 teams go 0 for 5 or 1 for 4, I will remind you of this conversation.

Like when you said there was no chance SC would beat ND rather easily. I Don't think you have rust belt football dialed in, at all.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And if they don't you won't
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

when the top 5 big 10 teams go 0 for 5 or 1 for 4, I will remind you of this conversation.

Like when you said there was no chance SC would beat ND rather easily. I Don't think you have rust belt football dialed in, at all.

That was a lack of belief in Sark after watching him up close for five years. I didn't realize how far ND had fallen.
    Brian Kelly wasn't Brian Kelly that day, either was Brian Kelly.
  • Options

And if they don't you won't

Either way, fuck off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You sound bitter