Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Everyone knows he hates competition.

Arm is prone to fatigue from overuse.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It will be a dreckfest.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2014
    Jake Browning is enrolling in January, so he has a legit shot IMO to learn everything about the O and win the job.

I think he will inevitably be a starter eventually because of his huge #s.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,617
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    He is not montlake Jake.... he isn't Jesus
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014
    .....makes me sad that Shelton, Kikaha and Shaq won't be here.... and with this mess, the fear of just using the 'wait til next year' term, next year.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    2017 is going to be really special
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,617
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Just wait two years...... is the husky fan mantra
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    We have a real issue as a fan base right now IMO ...

There's a lot of impatience in our fan base because we haven't won the conference since 2000 combined with the success of Oregon. To too many of our fan base, the success that Don James had is the gold standard and the expectation is that we're going to have years like 1990-1992 every year isn't necessarily a problem from having a high standard perspective but also a problem in the sense that we're not at that level right now and the expectations that we are means that we're not in a great position to meet them.

Almost every single person that I ran into here in Tucson said how great of a coach Petersen is, how lucky we are to have hm, and how surprised they are at our general impatience with him as it is very palpable. For as great as 92-12 for Petersen was as a sign when we hired him, it's now a massive problem for him as those that were conference title or bust are fucking going ape shit right now.

I'm a firm believer that there's never one play that wins or loses you a game. It's easy to point to one thing and say that that is what won or lost you the game. But it's never the case. There are normally close to 150 plays a game.

In many ways today, we played our best game of the season. In many other ways, we played one of our worst games of the season. It's a microcosm of what we're seeing this year in this transition. We make a number of winning plays. We still make a number of losing plays. We hear a lot about details. And the details killed us today. Some from the coaching staff. Some from the players.

I get the frustration. There's no doubt about that - it's there. If there wasn't, you wouldn't care.

But as a whole, Petersen's going to get time to get everything built his way. For those buying in, there's a lot of positives that we're seeing. But at the same time, there's also a lot of mistakes (including from the coaching staff - which BTW happens for almost every single team almost every single week). I know it's hard to be patient because we've had such a hard time for so long. But there's also a need to have patience while at the same time maintaining a level of expectations.

Not trying to play the moral victory card this year, but our losses this year have been by 7, 25, 14, 14, and 1 this year. We have our current limitations, but we're also not THAT far away. It's a frustrating year. But we can't continue taking steps backwards. Petersen is the guy that we need to be successful. Because honestly, if he isn't successful, we'll be hard pressed to ever find a guy to be successful again.
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

We have a real issue as a fan base right now IMO ...

There's a lot of impatience in our fan base because we haven't won the conference since 2000 combined with the success of Oregon. To too many of our fan base, the success that Don James had is the gold standard and the expectation is that we're going to have years like 1990-1992 every year isn't necessarily a problem from having a high standard perspective but also a problem in the sense that we're not at that level right now and the expectations that we are means that we're not in a great position to meet them.

Almost every single person that I ran into here in Tucson said how great of a coach Petersen is, how lucky we are to have hm, and how surprised they are at our general impatience with him as it is very palpable. For as great as 92-12 for Petersen was as a sign when we hired him, it's now a massive problem for him as those that were conference title or bust are fucking going ape shit right now.

I'm a firm believer that there's never one play that wins or loses you a game. It's easy to point to one thing and say that that is what won or lost you the game. But it's never the case. There are normally close to 150 plays a game.

In many ways today, we played our best game of the season. In many other ways, we played one of our worst games of the season. It's a microcosm of what we're seeing this year in this transition. We make a number of winning plays. We still make a number of losing plays. We hear a lot about details. And the details killed us today. Some from the coaching staff. Some from the players.

I get the frustration. There's no doubt about that - it's there. If there wasn't, you wouldn't care.

But as a whole, Petersen's going to get time to get everything built his way. For those buying in, there's a lot of positives that we're seeing. But at the same time, there's also a lot of mistakes (including from the coaching staff - which BTW happens for almost every single team almost every single week). I know it's hard to be patient because we've had such a hard time for so long. But there's also a need to have patience while at the same time maintaining a level of expectations.

Not trying to play the moral victory card this year, but our losses this year have been by 7, 25, 14, 14, and 1 this year. We have our current limitations, but we're also not THAT far away. It's a frustrating year. But we can't continue taking steps backwards. Petersen is the guy that we need to be successful. Because honestly, if he isn't successful, we'll be hard pressed to ever find a guy to be successful again.

'Laying the groundwork' is what Charlie Skrong is doing at Texas, Peterman is just fucking every doorknob from Seattle to Tucson.
  • Options
    no_uh said:

Cliff notes?

LIFPO you temperamental cunts.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    no_uh said:

Cliff notes?

The fanbase is fractured.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

no_uh said:

Cliff notes?

The fanbase is also highly irrational.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

no_uh said:

Cliff notes?

I was being sarcastic.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

no_uh said:

Cliff notes?

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    Is this the Official 2015 will be Special thread?

Those 2020 will be special jokes are no longer funny.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Every recruit is special, every February I'm reminded how many stars I should count for each class. Thank god we are only 3 months away
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,904
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I sort of agree Tequila, but 6-5 is fucking bullshit. I'm a fairly patient person too. It's hard to accept.