Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looking ahead to 2015

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I sort of agree Tequila, but 2-5 is fucking bullshit. I'm a fairly patient person too. It's hard to accept.

This season is a fucking failure.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Even @Auburndawg‌ would be impressed.

Who?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

This fanbase is a dumpster fire right now ... it's flat out fucktarded to look at.

Teq man, stop. One of the most devastating losses we've ever had people are going to fucking vent and be irrational. Get some sleep and start the doog pontificating tomorrow and you may get a better reception.
    Better yet, take a long walk with your wife and get some perspective about getting perspective.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    fuck off Boobs ...

Lowering expectations would be claiming that I knew this was going to be a 5+ loss team after the fact

I've never once walked away from the fact that I had high expectations. I also understand a lot of why we are where we are right now.

There's way too many whining fucktards around here the last 24 hours that are showing that Doogman is more their speed.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

fuck off Boobs ...

Lowering expectations would be claiming that I knew this was going to be a 5+ loss team after the fact

I've never once walked away from the fact that I had high expectations. I also understand a lot of why we are where we are right now.

There's way too many whining fucktards around here the last 24 hours that are showing that Doogman is more their speed.

Oh the irony. Do you remember doogman when Sark was coach? The majority and the operators made excuses, told people to dig deeper, blamed the talent and previous regimes. You seem to be doing all of those with Peterman.
  • Options
    MortonhuskyMortonhusky Member Posts: 54
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

We have a real issue as a fan base right now IMO ...

There's a lot of impatience in our fan base because we haven't won the conference since 2000 combined with the success of Oregon. To too many of our fan base, the success that Don James had is the gold standard and the expectation is that we're going to have years like 1990-1992 every year isn't necessarily a problem from having a high standard perspective but also a problem in the sense that we're not at that level right now and the expectations that we are means that we're not in a great position to meet them.

Almost every single person that I ran into here in Tucson said how great of a coach Petersen is, how lucky we are to have hm, and how surprised they are at our general impatience with him as it is very palpable. For as great as 92-12 for Petersen was as a sign when we hired him, it's now a massive problem for him as those that were conference title or bust are fucking going ape shit right now.

I'm a firm believer that there's never one play that wins or loses you a game. It's easy to point to one thing and say that that is what won or lost you the game. But it's never the case. There are normally close to 150 plays a game.

In many ways today, we played our best game of the season. In many other ways, we played one of our worst games of the season. It's a microcosm of what we're seeing this year in this transition. We make a number of winning plays. We still make a number of losing plays. We hear a lot about details. And the details killed us today. Some from the coaching staff. Some from the players.

I get the frustration. There's no doubt about that - it's there. If there wasn't, you wouldn't care.

But as a whole, Petersen's going to get time to get everything built his way. For those buying in, there's a lot of positives that we're seeing. But at the same time, there's also a lot of mistakes (including from the coaching staff - which BTW happens for almost every single team almost every single week). I know it's hard to be patient because we've had such a hard time for so long. But there's also a need to have patience while at the same time maintaining a level of expectations.

Not trying to play the moral victory card this year, but our losses this year have been by 7, 25, 14, 14, and 1 this year. We have our current limitations, but we're also not THAT far away. It's a frustrating year. But we can't continue taking steps backwards. Petersen is the guy that we need to be successful. Because honestly, if he isn't successful, we'll be hard pressed to ever find a guy to be successful again.

My oh my, what a doog.

Rollin on the floor doogish.

• Options
    Yep ... Making excuses ... We pissed the game away as a TEAM ... Both players and coaches. I get that that's hard for you to understand.

You should take a look around the country and gain some perspective. You will find at least a handful of things to bitch about for each coach in every game.

And yes, even Nick Saban fucks up.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I sort of agree Tequila, but 6-5 is fucking bullshit. I'm a fairly patient person too. It's hard to accept.

By my count, our direct errors (Miles fumble inside the 20, containment on the fake FG, the Miles fumble at the end of the half, Van Winkle pinging the upright, and the grounder snap on the extra point) cost us 21 points.

Holy frikkin auburndogtransitivelogic.

The above may be correct, BUT.......AND A BIG, BIG BUT.........is.......that AZ had a similar list of extremely fucktarded plays that cost them AT LEAST 21 POINTS Not to mention a ton of dropped passes.

It is in fact the same auburndawg-like logic that takes place every offseason regarding how many lineman or linebackers are 3rd year experienced, blah,blah,blah.

Not as fucktarded as the auburndawg transitive property regarding who beat who.......but close.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    When did Nick Saban ever fuck up like that lol

Don't say Auburn/Alabama 2013
  • Options
    I don't care about what Arizona did or didn't do - that's not my concern.

You control what you can control. We very easily controlled a 21 point swing in the game.

You can claim that that is doogish - but it is a fact. I get that facts are difficult right now for many to understand.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Over 500 yards of offense today ... the offensive play calling wasn't the issue today with the exception of the decision to or not to take a knee on the fumble by Cooper.

While I understand those saying to take a knee (and I was one of them in the stadium before the play took place) ... the bottom line is that the RB (in this case Cooper) needs to hold onto the ball in that situation.

Winners make winning plays ... losers make losing plays. We made way too many losing plays today (and for most of the season).

Holy fuck

Are you for real?

Gotta be some duck or Coug troll trying to make the dawgs look bad.

I don't know a lot about you... or... if you are that long-winded fleahead from doogman with the same name. But you seem a lot like that fleenor guy that the HHB's are always talking about. Case in point......how you were in the stadium "saying to take a knee".

Really?

Rollin on the floor laughing.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

This fanbase is a dumpster fire right now ... it's flat out fucktarded to look at.

Teq man, stop. One of the most devastating losses we've ever had people are going to fucking vent and be irrational. Get some sleep and start the doog pontificating tomorrow and you may get a better reception.

Was this loss any worse than the 800-795 loss in 2006 at Montlake?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Over 500 yards of offense today ... the offensive play calling wasn't the issue today with the exception of the decision to or not to take a knee on the fumble by Cooper.

While I understand those saying to take a knee (and I was one of them in the stadium before the play took place) ... the bottom line is that the RB (in this case Cooper) needs to hold onto the ball in that situation.

Winners make winning plays ... losers make losing plays. We made way too many losing plays today (and for most of the season).

Holy fuck

Are you for real?

I don't know a lot about you... or... if you are that long-winded fleahead from doogman with the same name. But you seem a lot like that fleenor guy that the HHB's are always talking about. Case in point......how you were in the stadium "saying to take a knee".

Really?

I am the same ... now fuck off ...

Or put in a reservation at the 7-11 on Aurora ...

I'm getting in the mood to take the gloves off
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Holy fuck

Are you for real?

Really?

When you type reservation AND Aurora 7-11 in the same line, my nipples tingle. Just sayin'.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Holy fuck

Are you for real?

Really?

When you type reservation AND Aurora 7-11 in the same line, my nipples tingle. Just sayin'.
    Could b a sign of pregnancy. You should take a test.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The more you know.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll let it play out with Pete, but end of game clock management issues are inexcusable.

It has nothing to do with Sark's guys or his guys or girl scouts on the field. It has everything to do with the guy getting paid 3.5 million to wear the headset. That's where my frustration is. Pete was supposed to have at least that shit on lock, and he has failed the team in that regard.

And quite frankly, his sideline demeanor is a little scattered and boyish, dare i say scared looking. The lights are brighter when expectations rise.

Again, not giving up on Pete, and the team does look better in a lot of ways, but he has under delivered thus far in areas presumed to be crisp.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Holy fuck

Are you for real?

Really?

Take it to the 7-11 in McMinville if you're not a pussy.