Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I've got a good feeling about this game

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd feel better if Arizona123 were here predicting an Oregon blowout.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    You wanna talk about money grabs, if UW wins this one, any of that 94 throwback shit will clean up on eBay.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Washington's got this one 24-20
  • Options
    MadHuskyMadHusky Member Posts: 376
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    @RaceBannon‌'s mojo hasn't been on point since he predicted the 3-and-6 2010 Huskies to win out and become bowl-eligible, much to the shock of iDawg. He deserves credit, did anyone actually believe that smug confidence behind the 1980s Yugoslavian cell phone?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

You wanna talk about money grabs, if UW wins this one, any of that 94 throwback shit will clean up on eBay.

I figured they would donate all that stuff to hospitals in west Africa.
    Little known fact: People with Ebola love to die in Ducks throwback throwup gear.
    Talk about a humiliating way to die.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I'd feel better if Arizona123 were here predicting an Oregon blowout.

Paging @Beelzebub123
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Arizona123 was so clutch that whenever he popped up with a prediction for a UW loss my confidence in the game sky-rocketed. That guy was money.

I also appreciate that no one has created a fake Arizona123 handle here, as that would be a very dangerous road to cross. Respect what he did, remember him, Long live Arizona123!
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2014
    My crystal balls are now saying Oregon wins 39-24 but they have been wrong, shrunken, and wrinkly before.

I'll be watching to see how RS-Frosh Coleman Shelton (has started 4 or 5 games now IIRC) does against their DL / Tony Washington. I don't think TW is all that great but he's pretty productive for them. At least Shelton already was thrown into the fire against Henry Anderson of Stanford a few weeks ago.

Jake Fisher being back for them is a big plus but how will he play as a LT (he started at RT for them in 2012 and 2013) coming off a leg injury against Kikaha? How will the U-Dub pass-rush do when Kikaha is head up on their walk-on starter at RT and RS-SR Andrew Hudson is over Fisher as a down-lineman? Or what if UW uses Kikaha and Feeney (or Littleton) as stand-up rush guys on the edges with Shelton or E. Hudson and A. Hudson as the interior DL? I love Kikaha or Feeney / Littleton going up against their walk-on RT!!11@!!!#@1!!!

I'll also be interested to see how we defend their read-option to start the game. Do we mostly focus on stopping their RBs and let Mariota carry the ball so we can attempt to (legally) incapacitate him and / or make him extremely uncomfortable. Mariota is very good but he's human so his accuracy and decision making will suffer if he's taking hits (preferably high-low hits):

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

I think our defense will be able to hold them from completely running wild, but their defense isn't Cal bad. If we had a top notch running back like Sankey/Polk then I would feel very confident. Coleman/Washington just aren't good enough to be able to Stanford them out.

Cal's defense is terrible against the pass. Statistically, they are better than Oregon against the run by almost a full yard per carry.

We don't need Coleman and Washington to be Sankey or Polk. We need them to continue averaging around 4.4 to 4.5 yards per carry, setting up favorable down and distance situations for Miles, and creating just enough problems that Oregon's got to push up a safety so that Miles can work the play action game enough to find open throws in the intermediate to deep game. That's the exact playbook that Arizona used very successfully to beat Oregon.
    Find Ross.......
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter