Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I've got a good feeling about this game

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The Race Bannon has visioned a Husky champions on ducks every year since we got the interwebs in Istanbul. This year will makes it 0-3, very nice.

That is a widespread misconception. It's true in the early days of the pod cast when we would proclaim UW had better talent but...Ty...but UW wins! By Sark we had abandoned all hope. Oregon's talent and coaching edge were too big and obvious. Oregon still has a far bigger talent edge than most Huskies posting here will admit. I thought the position breakdowns earlier this week were way out of whack. Oregon is better almost everywhere but coaching,

Make no mistake, a Husky win would be a huge upset. But they happen every week
    Maybe under Chip, your beliefs about the talent gap would be true. From what I've seen, there isn't a large gap. I would take UW's roster over Oregon's excluding QB. There is also a huge gap at RB. UW has a substantially better front 7, the slightly better out of the dreckfest OL's.
    I'd like this to be true but I have to see it. Oregon has out recruited UW for some time now. They are deeper and we don't have a bell cow on the O line like Fisher. Petersen is the game changer for sure, but this year? We will see
    I think UW is or two years away yet. After that, the tables will be turned. Oregon is on its way to down. Not to the level they were, but will be down quite a bit.

Talking about the ten wins in a row a false narrative. It doesn't tell the whole story. UW went through the worst stretch in their history while Oregon went though it's best. The odds of that happening were low and even lower in the future. Shit, most teams had a several game win streak going against UW, it wasn't that hard. Add to that Oregon was beating everyone. I think they have a 10-2 record against UCLA since 2000. In 2006 and 2007 Oregon was average. But UW sucked ass. In the Sark years, UW was average, but Oregon was at the top of their game. It's been a while since both teams were either both petty good, or pretty shitty at the same time.
    We know it couldn't possibly be the case, but it's almost like Oregon hiring Chip Kelly and UW hiring Willingham had more to do with the lopsided onfield results of late than a random pick-6 in 1994.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Vegasdawg said:

I want to believe we can pull a win out, but I have to see it to believe it. Next year I think the tables will have definitely turned in our favor. Prepare for mass suicides off the I-5 bridge crossing the Columbia, if we win.

What about the I-5 bridge across the Willamette? I think that's a lot higher and more lethal.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm doogin' so hard on this game.

We've improved week by week in all areas of perceived deficiency (fire kwitikoski anyone? ) and i expect the best version of Petersen's huskies to arrive in autzen.

I think this throw back 20 year anniversary gives us some weird juju, and our northwest frost get up is filthy.

I really think danny Shelton is about to cement himself as a first rounder. I think he is going to murder the stoner lined up across him and fuck this game up for the classy Hawaiian mariota.

Clearly i haven't slept in 48 hours.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    Founders Club
    MadHusky said:

@RaceBannon‌'s mojo hasn't been on point since he predicted the 3-and-6 2010 Huskies to win out and become bowl-eligible, much to the shock of iDawg. He deserves credit, did anyone actually believe that smug confidence behind the 1980s Yugoslavian cell phone?

Race deserves credit, but there's a little myth involved there. If you go listen to the episodes, when we were 3-6 he predicted they would lose out. When we won and were 4-6, he predicted they would finish 6-6.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

MadHusky said:

@RaceBannon‌'s mojo hasn't been on point since he predicted the 3-and-6 2010 Huskies to win out and become bowl-eligible, much to the shock of iDawg. He deserves credit, did anyone actually believe that smug confidence behind the 1980s Yugoslavian cell phone?

Race deserves credit, but there's a little myth involved there. If you go listen to the episodes, when we were 3-6 he predicted they would lose out. When we won and were 4-6, he predicted they would finish 6-6.
    That's Auburndoog territory right there.
  • Options
    Quack_AddictQuack_Addict Member Posts: 30
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2014
    Of the last 11 years, this is UW's best chance to win. OR's Oline is beat up, WA's D line is big and strong. UW's O isn't very good, but Oregon's D is worse than it has been in all 11 meetings. Petersen is the best coach UW has had in the 11 meetings; OR has a new(er) HC, OC and DC.... OR lost at home to AZ...

The spread is too high.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Vegasdawg said:

I want to believe we can pull a win out, but I have to see it to believe it. Next year I think the tables will have definitely turned in our favor. Prepare for mass suicides off the I-5 bridge crossing the Columbia, if we win.

What about the I-405 bridge across the Willamette? I think that's a lot higher and more lethal.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,841
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The Race Bannon has visioned a Husky champions on ducks every year since we got the interwebs in Istanbul. This year will makes it 0-3, very nice.

That is a widespread misconception. It's true in the early days of the pod cast when we would proclaim UW had better talent but...Ty...but UW wins! By Sark we had abandoned all hope. Oregon's talent and coaching edge were too big and obvious. Oregon still has a far bigger talent edge than most Huskies posting here will admit. I thought the position breakdowns earlier this week were way out of whack. Oregon is better almost everywhere but coaching,

Maybe under Chip, your beliefs about the talent gap would be true. From what I've seen, there isn't a large gap. I would take UW's roster over Oregon's excluding QB. There is also a huge gap at RB. UW has a substantially better front 7, the slightly better out of the dreckfest OL's.
    I'd like this to be true but I have to see it. Oregon has out recruited UW for some time now. They are deeper and we don't have a bell cow on the O line like Fisher. Petersen is the game changer for sure, but this year? We will see
    I think UW is or two years away yet. After that, the tables will be turned. Oregon is on its way to down. Not to the level they were, but will be down quite a bit.

Talking about the ten wins in a row a false narrative. It doesn't tell the whole story. UW went through the worst stretch in their history while Oregon went though it's best. The odds of that happening were low and even lower in the future. Shit, most teams had a several game win streak going against UW, it wasn't that hard. Add to that Oregon was beating everyone. I think they have a 10-2 record against UCLA since 2000. In 2006 and 2007 Oregon was average. But UW sucked ass. In the Sark years, UW was average, but Oregon was at the top of their game. It's been a while since both teams were either both petty good, or pretty shitty at the same time.
    Awesome. 2243 is going to be special.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Whooshed me. WTF is that guy and what is the reference?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam

MadHusky said:

I have no idea what I said on any pod cast
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam

Whooshed me. WTF is that guy and what is the reference?
    Ben Crenshaw captain of the 99 Ryder Cup team the night before USA overcame a 10-6 deficit
  • Options
    SlocusSlocus Member Posts: 289
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm sick of this "We'll get them next year" shit. 31-28 Dawgs.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2014

Hilarious, and pathetic. It's like the Germans bragging about the 20-something days they pulverized the Allies in the Ardennes during the Battle of the Bulge. Congratulations, dipshits. But what happened before and after?

Also, I don't remember UW fans gloating when the Huskies had beaten cal 20 years in a row.

The little brother syndrome is alive and well.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2014
    Dawgs hole Fucks under 21.

Defense scores 7. Ross scores 7. Manufacture another 10.

24-20.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Mariota shreds us again and homefield plays a big factor. Competent coaching keeps us away from the plunger , but I think we're looking at 34-20 UO.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,886
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I really hope we win this year for all the obvious reasons, but also because the nerd students will rush the field like we won the NC if it happens next year.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    kh83 said:

Mariota shreds us again and homefield plays a big factor. Competent coaching keeps us away from the plunger , but I think we're looking at 34-20 UO.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Oregon has outstanding talent, the key to their game is timing and schemes, which lead to big plays.

Washington has talent, last year they handled Arizona and played Stanford to the gun. Both those teams beat Oregon with superior coaching and talent equal to or below Washington.

Discipline and execution is the key to the game. My only fear in this game is if there is still some stark skank left on the team.

I'm holding strong at Washington 24-20 ... stopping a last minute drive similar to the NFC Championship game.
  • Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Talent disparity still huge. Peterson outcoached in every facet.