Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Plan for Pac-12 becoming a real conference again

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,580 Swaye's Wigwam

People in this thread forget that Louisville and Notre Dame are ACC teams now. Notre Dame won the Pac-12 South last year you know.

It's still a shitty conference.
    So is the Pac-12. Hope this helps.
    That's why I said college football sucks. I don't think Mark Emmert being president and the product being shit is coincidental. Even your beloved SEC sucks compared to 5 years ago.
    College football doesn't suck. Christ, you sound like Sven.

It's still entertaining as hell. Nothing has really changed. And now there is at least some semblance of a playoff
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    PurpleJ for commish
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    PurpleJ said:

People in this thread forget that Louisville and Notre Dame are ACC teams now. Notre Dame won the Pac-12 South last year you know.

That's why I said college football sucks. I don't think Mark Emmert being president and the product being shit is coincidental. Even your beloved SEC sucks compared to 5 years ago.
    Emmert is a yes man. A politician's mindset if I ever saw it.

My plan for improving the product would be to kick out 40 or so teams, institute some form of promotion/relegation to prevent poor performing programs from being complacent, and ban OOC scheduling with lower divisions. I would also like to see a 16 team playoff, or eliminate the playoff completely and go back to just bowl games. The 4 team playoff is horse shit.
    4 power conferences. Each with 16 teams. Only one non conference game allowed vs a non power conference team. 16 team playoff. Maybe one or two spots could go to the non power conference teams, so the Kellen Moore Boise State type teams get a shot. It would be nice to see Florida State have to play more than one tough game every season.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,580 Swaye's Wigwam
    Stanford making ND look like the bitches they are.

And the Pac12 isn't better than the ACC, Sven.

FFS
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Stanford making ND look like the bitches they are.

And the Pac12 isn't better than the ACC, Sven.

FFS

Golson is the best player on the field for Stanford. Enough said on that.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,567 Founders Club

Notre Shame plays five games, but they aren't really a member.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    No one wants to see those Notre Dame faggots in the playoffs after they got fucked by Alabama the way they did.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Purple J dropped the ball on the Pick Em's. His ass would be fired halfway through the season.

Notre Shame plays five games, but they aren't really a member.
    Notre Dame only played three Pac-12 games last year but still won the South Division.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

But how was he a bad president?????
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club
    College football doesn't suck

HTH

HTH

Having the Egg Bowl decide a playoff spot is like having Butler in the final four though.

HTH

Having the Egg Bowl decide a playoff spot is like having Butler in the final four though.
    LIPO

I still don't think the Egg Bowel winner will be in the playoff. Nor the loser.
    dnc said:

HTH

LIPO

I still don't think the Egg Bowel winner will be in the playoff. Nor the loser.
    I'm all for LIPO. Auburn looking like the team to beat right now.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

PurpleJ said:

Bring back Chip and Harbaugh. Get a real coach at USC.

It's a good start.

The coaching drain is speaking volumes.
    Every conference loses coaches.

But the Pac has made some of the best hires in the nation the last few years. Overall the level of coaching is much improved from 3-6 years ago.

2009/2014 comparison
    UW: Sark/Pete: huge improvement
    WSU: Wulff/Leach: huge improvement
    OSU: Riley/Riley: same
    UO: Chip/Helfrich: big decline
    Cal: Tedford/Dykes: small decline
    Stanford: Harbaugh/Shaw: big decline
    UCLA: Neuheisel/Mora: small improvement
    USC: Kiffin/Sark: wash
    Arizona: Stoops/RichRod: huge improvement
    ASU: Erickson/Graham: small improvement

So yes the two programs that have carried the flag recently lost their elite coaches and attempted to go back to the same mold but couldn't replicate whatever element made Harbaugh and Chip winners.

But five other schools made very good hires. And after a disastrous first season Dykes has Cal playing much better in year two.

Finally- LOL USC ever and always.

PurpleJ said:

It's a good start.

But the Pac has made some of the best hires in the nation the last few years. Overall the level of coaching is much improved from 3-6 years ago.

2009/2014 comparison

So yes the two programs that have carried the flag recently lost their elite coaches and attempted to go back to the same mold but couldn't replicate whatever element made Harbaugh and Chip winners.

But five other schools made very good hires. And after a disastrous first season Dykes has Cal playing much better in year two.

yryk except you underrate the improvement from Neu to Mora

PurpleJ said:

It's a good start.

2009/2014 comparison

The net total of an upgrade using your scoring is +1.5.

Considering the fucking dreck the conference added in Colorado and Utah, it's not better off overall than it was five years ago.