Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dow Hits All Time High at 38,000

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club

HuskyBuck said:

Kaepsknee said:

HuskyBuck said:

Wow look at that, another big market day. Boy investors sure are optimistic for some weird reason.

Lol just think….if you guys were paying attention to the market for the past 6 months instead of using that time bitching on a message board, you too could have racked up some short term gains. But no, it’s more productive to complain about the incumbent and be angry lol.

What if I told you that you could do both? And how many times do you need to beat over the head with the stock market is not a true indicator of the whole economy frying pan???
    Never said it was the only metric. It’s only one metric to measure how well the economy is doing. This thread is addressing that one metric. Since you all are taking one metric on your end, I’m also devoting threads to individual metrics.

If you can do both, great! That’s what I like to see. How come you’re not praising the economy for growing your net worth way more than inflation is costing you? Don’t give me that “Well hibidity hibidty I care about the poor” bullshit answer.
    Because most of us can see the fundamentals don't align with the valuation and have real world concerns about that.

Why are the fed rates so high?
    I turned to my wife in 2005 and said - the housing market can't sustain these prices and its going to crash. And I don't study analytics or do algorithms. It just seemed obvious

The guys that shorted Fannie May before the 07 crash drove around new construction homes in Las Vegas and saw all the For Sale signs.

People thought they were insane when they shorted mortgage securities. They made billions
    With 100,000K posts on a website. Can’t take anything you say seriously.
    And yet here you are like a little puppy dog
  • HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,762 Swaye's Wigwam
    US GDP grows by 3.3 percent in 4th quarter and inflation under 3% But but but people are out in the street getting stale bread lolol. Give me a break.
    HuskyBuck said:

US GDP grows by 3.3 percent in 4th quarter and inflation under 3% But but but people are out in the street getting stale bread lolol. Give me a break.

No need to be so angry

Calm down
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,567 Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

Seen all the bums in any West Coast city lately?
    How many of those out of 340 million people?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,252 Standard Supporter
    HuskyBuck said:

How many of those out of 340 million people?

Shitloads. You should house some with your mansion and vast wealth.
    So you dont know how many? “Shitloads” is your answer.

Lol, I swear….this board.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,252 Standard Supporter
    HuskyBuck said:

Since you are unable to ravel just look around the Chaz. Peek out of you tent.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    HuskyBuck said:

There’s 3,000 in my town of 150,000. And those are just the ones that allowed themselves to be counted. And that doesn’t include couch surfers and 40 year olds that are back with the ‘rents. Average rents are about $1500 per month on an average salary of about 45k per year. And this is in a town where 30% of the people have gubment jobs. The only growth industry in the area. Not a real rosy picture, is it?
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,938 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyBuck said:

Kaepsknee said:

HuskyBuck said:

Wow look at that, another big market day. Boy investors sure are optimistic for some weird reason.

Lol just think….if you guys were paying attention to the market for the past 6 months instead of using that time bitching on a message board, you too could have racked up some short term gains. But no, it’s more productive to complain about the incumbent and be angry lol.

What if I told you that you could do both? And how many times do you need to beat over the head with the stock market is not a true indicator of the whole economy frying pan???
    Never said it was the only metric. It’s only one metric to measure how well the economy is doing. This thread is addressing that one metric. Since you all are taking one metric on your end, I’m also devoting threads to individual metrics.

If you can do both, great! That’s what I like to see. How come you’re not praising the economy for growing your net worth way more than inflation is costing you? Don’t give me that “Well hibidity hibidty I care about the poor” bullshit answer.
    Because most of us can see the fundamentals don't align with the valuation and have real world concerns about that.

Why are the fed rates so high?
    I turned to my wife in 2005 and said - the housing market can't sustain these prices and its going to crash. And I don't study analytics or do algorithms. It just seemed obvious

The guys that shorted Fannie May before the 07 crash drove around new construction homes in Las Vegas and saw all the For Sale signs.

People thought they were insane when they shorted mortgage securities. They made billions
    With 100,000K posts on a website. Can’t take anything you say seriously.
    And yet here you are like a little puppy dog
    His next move will be threatening to move to Canada or the Cheez-Its Bowl.
    Kaepsknee said:

HuskyBuck said:

There’s 3,000 in my town of 150,000. And those are just the ones that allowed themselves to be counted. And that doesn’t include couch surfers and 40 year olds that are back with the ‘rents. Average rents are about $1500 per month on an average salary of about 45k per year. And this is in a town where 30% of the people have gubment jobs. The only growth industry in the area. Not a real rosy picture, is it?
    Sounds like your town needs to start working harder and being better. There’s 4 out of my 125,000 people in my town that are homeless. We all believe in hard work and bettering ourselves and making sure our skills stay ahead of the economy!
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    HuskyBuck said:

Kaepsknee said:

HuskyBuck said:

Exactly what ruling classes and Dictators in third-world countries would say.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    edited January 25
    HuskyBuck said:

Some people have eyes and ears.

Others blindly believe anything their corrupt government says.

Guess which camp you're in?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,212
    HuskyBuck said:

Kaepsknee said:

HuskyBuck said:

Sounds like your town needs to start working harder and being better. There’s 4 out of my 125,000 people in my town that are homeless. We all believe in hard work and bettering ourselves and making sure our skills stay ahead of the economy!
    It's pretty clear that the fantasy image you've chosen to create for yourself on Hardcore Husky does not involve any semblance of real life for middle America. Adding in the fake homeless data is a nice touch, though. Congrats.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,269 Swaye's Wigwam
    The Dow is unimpressed. Probably because a booming GDP (lol) is a reason to not cut rates as aggressively or as quickly. 20 years ago a better than expected GDP would drive the market up, now the market works almost in inverse of the economy.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,453 Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

The Dow is unimpressed. Probably because a booming GDP (lol) is a reason to not cut rates as aggressively or as quickly. 20 years ago a better than expected GDP would drive the market up, now the market works almost in inverse of the economy.

I'll wait for the downward revision released late sometime in Q2. How many Tim's have we seen that maneuver at this point?

Bob_C said:

I'll wait for the downward revision released late sometime in Q2. How many Tim's have we seen that maneuver at this point?
    Also

Better than experts predicted

( still sucked but better!)
    Living in hypothetical land again when all else fails lol.