Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dow Hits All Time High at 38,000

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    HuskyBuck said:

Wow look at that, another big market day. Boy investors sure are optimistic for some weird reason.

Lol just think….if you guys were paying attention to the market for the past 6 months instead of using that time bitching on a message board, you too could have racked up some short term gains. But no, it’s more productive to complain about the incumbent and be angry lol.

Excellent Shit-Take from @HHusky's Barebacker.

If you knew a single fucking thing about the people on these boreds, you'd know plenty of us are doing fine in the markets, but have the chutzpah and Nebraska Classiness to keep it to ourselves.

Sorry you can't imagine people multi-tasking. It's quite a deficit in your character.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,057 Standard Supporter

Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

HHusky said:

Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:
    "Inflation may finally be easing"?

Are you trying to make a relevant point? Do you think that "inflation easing" from extreme highs means everything is good now?

Next time try linking relevant articles.
    “extreme highs”

You’re WAY too old to be pretending this short lived bump in CPI is even close to what we both saw as young adults.
    Short lived? We’re going on 39 months now Mildred.
    Another TugCon labels 3% "hyperinflation".

I was talking about the very short-lived run-up in 2022. If you're 11 you might see 3% (and falling) as really shocking.
    These guys were even talking about deflation in this thread at one point being a good thing, namely the 3 duck idiots unsurprisingly. That’s when you shake your head and realize what you’re dealing with.
    Again, why did the fed raise interest rates?

We have deflation in sectors of the economy, that's what's keeping total inflation numbers low. The fed is attempting a "soft landing" where they nail the balance between deflation/inflation.

Jfc you don't even know your own talking points dumb dumb.

There is deflation going on in the retail sector for sure. Big discounts are happening because the sector has far too much inventory on hand relative to consumer demand. It's hard to see clearly in the retail sales data that gets published, but that is what is happening. Companies have too much inventory on hand due to huge buys/commitments that were made in 2022 (at gunpoint) as many Chinese manufacturers tripled minimum order quantities while also raising prices significantly. Then throw in the cost of capital increasing and this stuff has to move at discount quickly in order to run a business.
    Housing sector is all over the place as well. You have tight inventory in places that were established(and have 2% rates locked in) where new builds aren't happening. Then you have builders losing their shirts in Texas, Nashville, Florida, Boise, and anywhere else that built out.

Then there's the slow rolling collapse of the commercial real estate behemoth. It will be interesting to see how the banks and fed scheme to shore that up. Hard to roll over debt at 7%.

Interesting interplay between foreign investment capital drying up and the milkshake effect of 5%+ US rates. China is fucked bigly with that capital flight and it will be interesting to see how much that matters to the rest of the world markets(and how soon).
    The US commercial real estate is a hot mess with hundreds of billions of dollars of underwater commercial real estate mortgages coming due in the next couple of years. Lots of banks are going to get wacked on mortgage defaults which will be bailed out by the fed with more dollar printing and rate cuts. Then toss in paying for US debt payments on $34 trillion of debt with what?

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2024/01/24/bidenflation-ii-fiscal-boogaloo-another-sequel-nobody-asked-for-n4925789

Here we go again with Bidenflation?

Despite the Fed jacking up interest rates faster than at any time since the inflation-crushing Reagan-Volcker hikes of 1981 — and sucking liquidity out of the economy via quantitative tightening (QT) — inflation remains stubbornly above the Fed's 2% target... and it could come roaring back thanks to growing cracks in the foundation of Bidenomics.

Advertisement

"It's a slow-moving train wreck," Bear Traps Report founder Larry McDonald told Fox Business on Tuesday about the country's commercial real estate markets. As Longtime Sharp VodkaPundit Readers™ already know, the combination of higher interest rates, free-range vagrant drug addicts, and work-from-home policies have eviscerated downtowns in America's bluest big cities.

Nearly vacant office buildings — the vacancy rate in downtown San Francisco is over 35% (!!!) — aren't generating enough revenue for the owners to pay their mortgages, with "close to $2 trillion of maturities in the commercial real estate space," according to McDonald, and another $2 trillion at risk in "high-yield leverage loans and investment grade bonds."

All those emptying office towers are "worth a fraction of what the original values were when these loans were made. And you're going to see massive defaults," McDonald added. The only way out, he said, is "aggressive rate cuts" from the Fed.

Already, the Fed has "capitulated on tight monetary policy," with QT "effectively over" due to a liquidity crisis in the banking sector — the same banks that might soon face a trillion or more dollars in commercial real estate defaults. As my colleague (and occasional "Five O'Clock Somewhere" guest) Ed Morrissey noted last week, "The Fed may have to let inflation run wild again to hedge against bank instability in the short run."

Advertisement

Just when wages were finally starting to catch up with Biden's first round of inflation, too.

If there's any good news to be found in this mess — and you really have to squint to see it — it's that the job market seems to be drying up already. "A very careful look at the labor market now will suggest that hiring has just ground to a halt," Brevan Howard's chief economist Jason Cummins told Bloomberg's "Odd Lots" podcast earlier this week. The only reason, he said, the unemployment rate didn't jump to 4% last month is that the labor participation rate — the number of people working or actively looking for work — dropped again "by a huge amount."

If you aren't looking for work, the government doesn't count you as unemployed. That helps keep Ms. Rosy Scenario employed at the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
  • HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,762 Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

Wow look at that, another big market day. Boy investors sure are optimistic for some weird reason.

Lol just think….if you guys were paying attention to the market for the past 6 months instead of using that time bitching on a message board, you too could have racked up some short term gains. But no, it’s more productive to complain about the incumbent and be angry lol.

It’s not possible to post on a message board and also pay attention to the stock market. It’s just not.
    Bob, based on the responses I’ve gotten back, apparently it IS that hard for a good portion of people in here. You’ve been following, I’m sure you’ve seen what I’ve been talking about.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,269 Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

It’s not possible to post on a message board and also pay attention to the stock market. It’s just not.
    Bob, based on the responses I’ve gotten back, apparently it IS that hard for a good portion of people in here. You’ve been following, I’m sure you’ve seen what I’ve been talking about.
    Yes I have. Your analysis shows a complete of an ability to understand cause and effect.
    Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

Yes I have. Your analysis shows a complete of an ability to understand cause and effect.
    Absolutely. When some Duck asshole complains that people had to cash in their 401k to attend the Sugar Bowl, their financial problems aren’t because of Biden like they were trying to portray. It’s like….youre the fuckin problem bro!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

Absolutely. When some Duck asshole complains that people had to cash in their 401k to attend the Sugar Bowl, their financial problems aren’t because of Biden like they were trying to portray. It’s like….youre the fuckin problem bro!
    Uhhh
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,252 Standard Supporter
    Yeah we're all dumb. Made 17K on Trump stock today. Stupid me.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,678 Standard Supporter

HuskyBuck said:

It's because Powell all but came out and said the Fed is pivoting...which markets are hugely betting on.

You'd know some of us already called this shit after his meeting(and before) if you were a regular reader. It's going to further handcuff their options moving forward in an election year...maybe you could elaborate on that?

As @TurdBomber said, most of us are doing just fine but we actually give a shit about other Americans unlike the current regime. "Dumb poors just need to learn to invest" is the new #learntocode
    Ronnie Lott approves this post.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

HuskyBuck said:

What if I told you that you could do both? And how many times do you need to beat over the head with the stock market is not a true indicator of the whole economy frying pan???
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,938 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyBuck said:

This isn't about anyone here but you know that.

Tell the 70 percent of Americans who are worse off under Biden to buy stocks

And learn to code
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

Your foolishness almost rivals your cluelessness. Great day in the Market? BFD.

I'm fortunate my business is virtually recession proof, but I get a real good look at the books of many businesses and individuals before they turn over the keys to their landlords, and I can tell you haven't a fucking clue of what's going on out there on many Main Streets.

Notice any waiters or table-side service at your local pub anymore? Most can't afford the labor thanks to Inslee & Co's ridiculous "living" minimum wage bullshit that doesn't allow tip credits for the employer, like IRS does and has for decades.

Listen up, smart guy, try telling any family small business owner what a loser he is for not investing in the market and see how it goes.

Pro Tip: Wear a thick Helmet.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,453 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

A bigger wooosh has never been written.
    I'm FOR the Democrats new platform of personal accountability.
    edited January 24
    Kaepsknee said:

HuskyBuck said:

What if I told you that you could do both? And how many times do you need to beat over the head with the stock market is not a true indicator of the whole economy frying pan???
    Never said it was the only metric. It’s only one metric to measure how well the economy is doing. This thread is addressing that one metric. Since you all are taking one metric on your end, I’m also devoting threads to individual metrics.

If you can do both, great! That’s what I like to see. How come you’re not praising the economy for growing your net worth way more than inflation is costing you? Don’t give me that “Well hibidity hibidty I care about the poor” bullshit answer.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,453 Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

Kaepsknee said:

HuskyBuck said:

Never said it was the only metric. It’s only one metric to measure how well the economy is doing. This thread is addressing that one metric. Since you all are taking one metric on your end, I’m also devoting threads to individual metrics.

If you can do both, great! That’s what I like to see. How come you’re not praising the economy for growing your net worth way more than inflation is costing you? Don’t give me that “Well hibidity hibidty I care about the poor” bullshit answer.
    Because most of us can see the fundamentals don't align with the valuation and have real world concerns about that.

Why are the fed rates so high?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club

HuskyBuck said:

Kaepsknee said:

HuskyBuck said:

Because most of us can see the fundamentals don't align with the valuation and have real world concerns about that.

I turned to my wife in 2005 and said - the housing market can't sustain these prices and its going to crash. And I don't study analytics or do algorithms. It just seemed obvious

The guys that shorted Fannie May before the 07 crash drove around new construction homes in Las Vegas and saw all the For Sale signs.

People thought they were insane when they shorted mortgage securities. They made billions
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,079 Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

Kaepsknee said:

HuskyBuck said:

I’m hearing the stock market is just a measure of rich people’s feelings.

Who cares about the poors. “Fuck ‘em” as the neo-democrat establishmentarians say.

• longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,024 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyBuck said:

Kaepsknee said:

HuskyBuck said:

I turned to my wife in 2005 and said - the housing market can't sustain these prices and its going to crash. And I don't study analytics or do algorithms. It just seemed obvious

The guys that shorted Fannie May before the 07 crash drove around new construction homes in Las Vegas and saw all the For Sale signs.

People thought they were insane when they shorted mortgage securities. They made billions
    With 100,000K posts on a website. Can’t take anything you say seriously.